Ret dyno day round 2 12/1/12

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
abytyra2.jpg

I only took a few pics since I was late. This was from my cell. Ill post a couple later from my camera

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
Good turn out at the RET dyno day despite the weather (aprox 40 cars?).

Want to say thanks to Greg @ RET for putting it on and for Ed @ Ed's Speed Shop for fielding all my questions. :thumbsup:

I talked to a lot of different people but didn't get everyone's screen name and I recognize only a few of you from your posts/pics (Darko, suaveflooder, laruei, SNAKEYZ, Steve@TF, leegro1015, EBCobra, yfzKevin(red Z06?), iggster's friend Frank with the Supra, LS7HNTR). :read:

It was nice to meet a good group of friendly people. I'm new to the Cobra scene as I acquired the car recently, and everyone was cool and helpful in answering my newb questions. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys again soon. :beer:

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
I was really stoked at the dyno numbers my 04 Cobra with 66K on the clock put down on 91 pump gas; 404 HP / 376 TQ :D

The car only has exhaust done:
-Catted MRT H-pipe
-JBA Exhaust

I haven't had a chance to go through the car yet (fluids, plugs, etc) and have only changed the oil (Mobil 1 - Advanced Fuel Economy :p 0W-20)

MysticCropDyno.jpg

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I believe it was 370ish, but I could be wrong. I think Steve knows from TF. He was talking with the owner Ryan for a little bit.

I tried to hang around so i could meet you, but i had to get going! Thanks for getting this set up Darko! Some fun cars to look at!

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
First time I has seen black chrome Saleens in person. Looked great on your car. Let me know if you need some help with lowering your car.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I'll let you know when I'm ready to take the 4X4 stance off... just enjoying the ground clearance for now compared to the Vette.

yfzkevin

Established Member
Good turn out at the RET dyno day despite the weather (aprox 40 cars?).

Want to say thanks to Greg @ RET for putting it on and for Ed @ Ed's Speed Shop for fielding all my questions. :thumbsup:

I talked to a lot of different people but didn't get everyone's screen name and I recognize only a few of you from your posts/pics (Darko, suaveflooder, laruei, SNAKEYZ, Steve@TF, leegro1015, EBCobra, yfzKevin(red Z06?), iggster's friend Frank with the Supra, LS7HNTR). :read:

It was nice to meet a good group of friendly people. I'm new to the Cobra scene as I acquired the car recently, and everyone was cool and helpful in answering my newb questions. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys again soon. :beer:

Hey nice meeting you man, and good talking with you for a little while. We all have been new at some point, so its nice to have someone or people to show you the ropes a little. If you ever need a little advice or some info PM me on here or you can call or text me at 760-525-1260.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I tried to hang around so i could meet you, but i had to get going! Thanks for getting this set up Darko! Some fun cars to look at!

I think you were just leaving when I started walking over to the shop. Atleast I got to see your car for a minute. Haha. I left my house at 7:15am and my car battery and alternator died. Had to push it over to an autozone and go get new parts. Threw them in and was able to make for the last half of the dyno day. By then it started raining/ sprinkling. I'm surprised more people didn't spin on the dyno.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I'll let you know when I'm ready to take the 4X4 stance off... just enjoying the ground clearance for now compared to the Vette.

Yeah no problem! Always happy to help. Is nice though not having to worry about ground clearance.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
Hey nice meeting you man, and good talking with you for a little while. We all have been new at some point, so its nice to have someone or people to show you the ropes a little. If you ever need a little advice or some info PM me on here or you can call or text me at 760-525-1260.

Will do! Always appreciate any advice or help you can give! :thumbsup:

Anyone from the dyno day interested in rolling out together to this?

"Hi everyone.
I'm pleased to officially announce "No Fly Zone", an airport runway roll racing shootout. This will be a private all day, side by side, half mile roll racing event. Participants will line up, roll to a predetermined speed and punch it at a defined "START" marker, and race down the runway for one-half mile until they come up on a "STOP" marker. As many runs as you want throughout the day, against anyone you want to match up with. No cops, no cross traffic, no speed limits. Take it off the roadway and to the runway! This event will not be open to the general public for spectating. We will be capping the event to 100 vehicles. Anyone and everyone is welcome to sign up. We will have open shakedown runs, grudge match runs and a "best of" elimination style tournament. This tournament will be broken down into 3 categories, JDM, Euro and American. Working on an official E-flyer for the event, but i wanted to get the word out now. For registration, questions or sponsor queries, feel free to email:

[email protected]

NO FLY ZONE
All day roll-race event
Saturday March 2nd 2013
Minter Field
201 Aviation Street Shafter, California
$200 per vehicle"

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Anyone from the dyno day interested in rolling out together to this?

"Hi everyone.
I'm pleased to officially announce "No Fly Zone", an airport runway roll racing shootout. This will be a private all day, side by side, half mile roll racing event. Participants will line up, roll to a predetermined speed and punch it at a defined "START" marker, and race down the runway for one-half mile until they come up on a "STOP" marker. As many runs as you want throughout the day, against anyone you want to match up with. No cops, no cross traffic, no speed limits. Take it off the roadway and to the runway! This event will not be open to the general public for spectating. We will be capping the event to 100 vehicles. Anyone and everyone is welcome to sign up. We will have open shakedown runs, grudge match runs and a "best of" elimination style tournament. This tournament will be broken down into 3 categories, JDM, Euro and American. Working on an official E-flyer for the event, but i wanted to get the word out now. For registration, questions or sponsor queries, feel free to email:

[email protected]

NO FLY ZONE
All day roll-race event
Saturday March 2nd 2013
Minter Field
201 Aviation Street Shafter, California
$200 per vehicle"

Sounds fun. You should start a new thread on it if you havent already. Almost sounds like SS event: Airstrip Attack: April 6th and 7th | SHIFT S3CTOR.

Users who are viewing this thread