Retrofitting '13/'14 GT500 Bilstein Damp-Tronic's to any '07-'12 GT500

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Alexander....I don't know how you knew where the connector could be found but man, a huge thanks for that. I wasted far too much time scouring through Ford connector catalogs, Jaguar online parts listings, Bilstein PDF's, etc. Really cool was that I was able to download the original sketches and then render them in Solidworks for comparison. That is definitely the right connector. Excellent job!

__BilsteinDamptronicrearshockpigtail.jpg

__BilsteinDamptronicrearshockpigtail2.jpg

__BilsteinDamptronicconnectorcomparison.jpg

TurboX2

Established Member
Very helpful, yes, thank you. The main problem is that the sites I find where you can actually order them have a minumum quantity of 200 (lowest I found), most have a min. of 800....the search continues...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Really, you gotta order minimum $1300 worth of connectors?
I still haven't reached out to Bilstein, I'd like to talk to my chassis guy first, maybe even Viking or another damper maker on a custom set controlled with the same mechanism.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I still haven't reached out to Bilstein, I'd like to talk to my chassis guy first, maybe even Viking or another damper maker on a custom set controlled with the same mechanism.
-J

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Anybody tried to request a sample? Two samples for one car...

LEXiiON

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
-J

You have a 2014? You only need the VDM, as built update to the cluster and some wires...

TurboX2

Established Member
I have to go to a meeting this morning that is a good chunk of the way towards a Jag dealer (within ~1/2 hr...), I'll try to run up there afterwards but I don't have time this morning to search the thread for the part numbers. I'll have to do it on my phone later which is much harder, if anyone knows where they are and reference a post number or something that would be great.... :)

TurboX2

Established Member
Thanks for the help LEXiiON. I talked to a Jag parts guy on the phone before driving there and he said that part number looks to reference a bulb holder on a model that's not even out yet, and even if I did find a part number that Jag doesn't sell anything like that separate, it would be part of a complete harness. I think the only real avenue is to try to go through Bilstein...

TurboX2

Established Member
I just sent an email to Newark support (Farnell on the packages takes you to Neward when you click 'United States') with pictures of the Farnell packages with the part numbers, and also a link to the TE Connectivity piece on their own website, maybe some help will come of it. I also just looked at the VDM diagram again...what kind of signal would it receive over CAN bus? If the input signal can be duplicated that's all that would be needed to adapt the VDM to other applications. If all else fails I'll just find some connectors that slip onto the pins firmly, tape the harness to the top of the shock, and skip the damn plug from hell..... :fm:

TurboX2

Established Member
So....had a bit of an idea...I'll just make my own plug.... :rockon: Take one spare pc power supply 4-pin plug and about 15-20 minutes of whittling and experimenting and I've got one solidly plugged in. If I can't acquire the real deal this will work just fine...

new plug.jpg

ICEDBUS

Established Member
I'm here since I saw someone selling the shocks. I always want electricity adjust shocks on my '14.I literally read all 11pages on my phone(I can't believe I did that). So, the situation right now is that Bilstien won't give us the new "prototype" controller any more. And the solutions (assuming we can't get the right controller) are decreasing the voltage of the old controller or hacking the oem DVM through high speed can bus. Also if someone can give me the exactly voltage and current at each working time (start up and hold) I might able to try to make a controller myself.

mrl859

Established Member
Just a side note question, and I apologize in advance for the slight hijack. When installing the rear shocks, you have to insert an 8mm allen wrench straight down the top to hold the shock threads while you tighten the nuts. What did you tighten the nut with to get enough torque?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Just a side note question, and I apologize in advance for the slight hijack. When installing the rear shocks, you have to insert an 8mm allen wrench straight down the top to hold the shock threads while you tighten the nuts. What did you tighten the nut with to get enough torque?

Try a crow foot wrench.

Users who are viewing this thread