Return Cross country road-trip in the GT500 (East to West)

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Long live duct tape! Hahaha
Great pics, safe travels!

Joraft

Established Member
... I was also nauseous, presumably from something that I ate last night, though it never really progressed passed nausea. All in all, not a good start to the day.

So sorry about your nausea. However, in watching (with great envy :) ) your dining escapades for the last few weeks, I think I would be waking up most days feeling that way. Although, just like you, I wouldn't have let it slow me down. :)

Brian, when you first posted about your trip I didn't think it would be a subject of interest for me, but your itinerary, your commentary, and especially the photography have made it so interesting. Thanks so much for taking us along on the trip.

By the way, I see you're from up in the Silicon Valley. My daughter is in Cupertino, her husband works at Apple headquarters.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Long live duct tape! Hahaha
Great pics, safe travels!

Awesome PICS enjoy your trip

Thanks guys. Glad I got pics of the duct tape, I don't think anyone would believe me otherwise, lol.

So sorry about your nausea. However, in watching (with great envy :) ) your dining escapades for the last few weeks, I think I would be waking up most days feeling that way. Although, just like you, I wouldn't have let it slow me down. :)

Brian, when you first posted about your trip I didn't think it would be a subject of interest for me, but your itinerary, your commentary, and especially the photography have made it so interesting. Thanks so much for taking us along on the trip.

By the way, I see you're from up in the Silicon Valley. My daughter is in Cupertino, her husband works at Apple headquarters.

Thank you very much for the kind words. When Beth reads this, she'll be ecstatic that people are appreciating her photos.

Next time you are up visiting your daughter, if you want to go grab a bite or something, hit me up. I work in her neck of the woods, and I'm always up to talk with a fellow car enthusiast, especially another GT500 owner. :)

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
What a fun trip--I am jealous as I can never find anyone in the family to do the long road trips, so I don't do them.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I've had brunch at Kilkenny's and like it quite a bit! I'm curious to see how you'll get to Denver, 44 to 40 West heading towards Amarillo or Cimarron Tpke out towards Stillwater to I-35 to I-70 in Salina.

Personally I like driving out through Amarillo and out 287 through Dalhart and hitting I-25 that way (besides the whole 90-octane premium fuel thing).

Rotzs99

Established Member
I didn't know the return trip was going up. I have some reading to do and food torture.
dodgeball_01.jpg

Joraft

Established Member
... After the meal, we had desert (of course). Beth was getting full, so she ate about half of an order of Irish Balloons (basically, chewy doughnut holes), while I had all of the following:

•Guinness Chocolate Cake
•Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake
•Sticky Toffee Pudding
•Banana’s O’Foster

Looks like the nausea has passed. :)

Next time you are up visiting your daughter, if you want to go grab a bite or something, hit me up. I work in her neck of the woods, and I'm always up to talk with a fellow car enthusiast, especially another GT500 owner. :)

Will do! I've been to some great restaurants up there, but I'm guessing you know of a whole lot more.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Not sure what you agenda is like for the morning but I highly recommend the Sheby Collection in Boulder. You will see amazing cars from the vintage years. Check and make sure they are open.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread