Revan Racing 13-6 Kit and Suspension Package Review

RangerDLA

Established Member
Well, like many others on here, I finally purchased the 13-6 kit and suspension set up from Van. First, Van is first class at customer service and will get more business from me in the future. I really appreciate his time, effort, advice and honesty when it comes to helping customers.

Suspension Package (First Mod)

I went with the same package as most, but chose the Eibach springs. The difference is night and day. There is way less body roll in curves and turns. The improvement is very confidence inspiring and when you dig into the gas, it just shoots straight, almost like an F-14 taking off from an aircraft carrier (because I've done that<<<sarcasm). The only snag I hit was the UCA nut coming loose and having to get under it to tighten it back down. There's definitely some increased NVH, but it's not bad. Maybe someone can tell me, but when I get into the throttle pretty good, it seems like the driveshaft makes more noise as it's transferring power to the rear. Not a big deal, but I didn't notice it before. It almost sounds like a grinding noise or maybe it's the parts just doing what they're supposed to. I can't speak on the installation because I didn't do it, but my install guy did an excellent job. The alignment of the car was done the day after and it dialed it in even more. I will say that the ride is pretty harsh in sport mode, but pleasant in normal. Overall, the car feels like it handles on rails now, the front end still wants push in turns because of the weight of the motor, but it's definitely improved. I would definitely recommend this suspension package to any GT500 owner.

13-6 Kit (Second Mod)

What can I say about this package that nobody else has? The install was easy except for a quick run to replace my misplaced spark plug socket and to replace one of the throttle body screws that I broke in half while torquing down. The entire install was very straightforward as was the tune upload. Now, one thing I was very impressed with was how civil the car is when you're not into the throttle. I took it easy for the first ten miles and the drivability did not suffer one bit. In fact, I was thinking, "okay, where the hell is my 100 whp?! WTH?!" Well, I'll tell you what, I got on the interstate and it seemed like Moses had just parted the Red Sea of all other vehicles just for me. So I did what any other red blooded, freedom loving, meat eating, whiskey drinking American gearhead would do, I dropped that sumbitch down into third and went for broke. When I tell you that this thing moves it's the understatement of the year. The skin on my face was peeled back so hard that I think my ears high fived each other behind my head. I had a 2007 Corvette Z06 for two years with no mods whatsoever and that thing was scary fast. My Shelby would whip it's ass right now. I'm pretty comfortable with saying that. It may be a toss up with the driver mod, but I'm telling you, this car definitely feels like it had a uranium enriched nuclear warhead's DNA added to it. Suffice it to say, my heart rate was pretty damn high when I came home after testing her out. It's a good thing the cars don't come from the factory like this, because there would be a lot crashes. If you're on the fence about buying this package, I'm here to tell you DO IT! Also, keep some wet wipes in your car for when you have to pull over and check your pants, it's that badass. Thanks again, Van! These packages rock!:rockon:

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
"The skin on my face was peeled back so hard that I think my ears high fived each other behind my head."

Classic.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Well, like many others on here, I finally purchased the 13-6 kit and suspension set up from Van. First, Van is first class at customer service and will get more business from me in the future. I really appreciate his time, effort, advice and honesty when it comes to helping customers.

I went with the same package as most, but chose the Eibach springs. The difference is night and day. There is way less body roll in curves and turns. The improvement is very confidence inspiring and when you dig into the gas, it just shoots straight, almost like an F-14 taking off from an aircraft carrier (because I've done that<<<sarcasm). The only snag I hit was the UCA nut coming loose and having to get under it to tighten it back down. There's definitely some increased NVH, but it's not bad. Maybe someone can tell me, but when I get into the throttle pretty good, it seems like the driveshaft makes more noise as it's transferring power to the rear. Not a big deal, but I didn't notice it before. It almost sounds like a grinding noise or maybe it's the parts just doing what they're supposed to. I can't speak on the installation because I didn't do it, but my install guy did an excellent job. The alignment of the car was done the day after and it dialed it in even more. I will say that the ride is pretty harsh in sport mode, but pleasant in normal. Overall, the car feels like it handles on rails now, the front end still wants push in turns because of the weight of the motor, but it's definitely improved. I would definitely recommend this suspension package to any GT500 owner.

Completely normal, and if you go spherical bushings it transfers even more.

Manuel

Van@RevanRacing

13-6 Kit (Second Mod)

What can I say about this package that nobody else has? The install was easy except for a quick run to replace my misplaced spark plug socket and to replace one of the throttle body screws that I broke in half while torquing down. The entire install was very straightforward as was the tune upload. Now, one thing I was very impressed with was how civil the car is when you're not into the throttle. I took it easy for the first ten miles and the drivability did not suffer one bit. In fact, I was thinking, "okay, where the hell is my 100 whp?! WTH?!" Well, I'll tell you what, I got on the interstate and it seemed like Moses had just parted the Red Sea of all other vehicles just for me. So I did what any other red blooded, freedom loving, meat eating, whiskey drinking American gearhead would do, I dropped that sumbitch down into third and went for broke. When I tell you that this thing moves it's the understatement of the year. The skin on my face was peeled back so hard that I think my ears high fived each other behind my head. I had a 2007 Corvette Z06 for two years with no mods whatsoever and that thing was scary fast. My Shelby would whip it's ass right now. I'm pretty comfortable with saying that. It may be a toss up with the driver mod, but I'm telling you, this car definitely feels like it had a uranium enriched nuclear warhead's DNA added to it. Suffice it to say, my heart rate was pretty damn high when I came home after testing her out. It's a good thing the cars don't come from the factory like this, because there would be a lot crashes. If you're on the fence about buying this package, I'm here to tell you DO IT! Also, keep some wet wipes in your car for when you have to pull over and check your pants, it's that badass. Thanks again, Van! These packages rock!:rockon:

Thanks for the great write up RangerDLA. I certainly appreciate your business and very much appreciate your taking the time to provide your thoughts and insight on the suspension package and 13-6 Kit. Best part is, there's more when you want it!

Thanks again,

Van

Sigus

Established Member
RangerDLA, I have done all the same with exception to changing out the gears to 373 and an Offraod H pipe. For some added fun those mods are worth the hassel and cost.

After a few hundred miles recheck all the fasteners on your suspension mods.

Good write up!

RangerDLA

Established Member
Thanks guys. It's going to take a lot of restraint to not enjoy this as much as I'd like to. What's the remedy short of removing the UCA if I check it and the nut is loose again?

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks guys. It's going to take a lot of restraint to not enjoy this as much as I'd like to. What's the remedy short of removing the UCA if I check it and the nut is loose again?

Ranger

This is a RARE occurrence and it should not be happening. You can try some loctite but before you do that reach out to Kelly at BMR for a detailed analysis of the situation and potential solution.

I'm leaving in a few minutes to head to the Great State of Texas for the The Texas Mile this weekend.

Van

RangerDLA

Established Member
Okay. I'm going to give it another few hundred miles before I check it again. If it's loose a second time, I'll reach out to Kelly. Thanks again. Good luck at the mile!

BMR Tech

Great to hear! Sounds like you are enjoying it.

As for the jam nuts, as Van stated - if they come loose again, throw some loctite on them. Of course, before you do that, make sure the threads are nice and clean and no excessive contamination.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread