RIP Dasan Holloway of Lund Racing.

Sladester2

Established Member
Sounds like the guy was a real piece in his private life. Good thing you guys all think he was a god during his work life. Glad he didn't harm others on his way out.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I won't speak ill of the dead, but he obviously had a lot of pain inside. He tried to hurt his wife (allegedly), and ultimately hurt himself.

By no stretch of the imagination a good situation, but it's not one I'll speak ill of. I wasn't there nor did I know the man, woman, or their life and history. I suggest all of us carry our opinion of him/the situation the same.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
It's easy to judge anyone from the outside. I will agree that it sounds as if there were some problems in this man's life. It could have been depression, anger issues, a bi-polar situation, or simple stress.

What we know is a tragic event took place. There was some sort of mental break down, and he felt ending his life would end the problems for everyone in the situation.

My brother in law put a shotgun to his chin a few years back. He had just endured a divorce from my sister in law. He also had a few instability issues, and an alcoholic problem that could have been dealt with. As the reality of his life settled on him, he did not know what to do, or where to turn. His last words were to my sister in law; "Tell my girls I love them".

If you were not close to him, you would never had guessed anything was ever wrong. He was one of the hardest working, and most dedicated people I knew. He was honored at his job, and respected for his work, despite the fact that he had issues at home.

We do not know the full story about Dasan. What we do know is family and friends lost a loved one. Who cares if he was a jerk, or had a problem, that does not help those that loved and will miss him.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
It's easy to judge anyone from the outside. I will agree that it sounds as if there were some problems in this man's life. It could have been depression, anger issues, a bi-polar situation, or simple stress.

What we know is a tragic event took place. There was some sort of mental break down, and he felt ending his life would end the problems for everyone in the situation.

My brother in law put a shotgun to his chin a few years back. He had just endured a divorce from my sister in law. He also had a few instability issues, and an alcoholic problem that could have been dealt with. As the reality of his life settled on him, he did not know what to do, or where to turn. His last words were to my sister in law; "Tell my girls I love them".

If you were not close to him, you would never had guessed anything was ever wrong. He was one of the hardest working, and most dedicated people I knew. He was honored at his job, and respected for his work, despite the fact that he had issues at home.

We do not know the full story about Dasan. What we do know is family and friends lost a loved one. Who cares if he was a jerk, or had a problem, that does not help those that loved and will miss him.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Amen Aaron

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Not to mention maybe, just maybe the wife was the "real piece" and we all know some can push you to the limits.
Add that to depression and it is a recipe for disaster.

Bottom line, don't judge just yet.
Who knows?

^This^ Anyone of us who've been through a divorce or custody battle can understand the emotions involved. That doesn't mean we codone it

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
A man cannot know another man's pain unless he has walked in his shoes.

Divorce, separation, or issues within a marriage can make a man do things he would never think of doing in any other situation. I have a friend who is going thru some things in his relationship that when he tells me what is/has been happening to him could drive someone to do act out of the norm.

What I mean by that, is we read one story about the man, and we don't know what all has happened that led up to the story prior to him taking his life. We will never know those details, and I won't ever condone suicide as the answer, but a person always has to try and remember that love/hate are the two main drivers in a situation like this. Love/hate being so opposite, always make a person do the unthinkable.

Either way a person looks at this situation, it's still sad to see someone 34 years old who was highly looked upon by other for their talents end their life. Suicide in my opinion is not the way to go....34 years old is too young to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Just sent him an updated datalog... sad. I am also 34, too many people going out this way these days.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Most if not all life insurance policies, regardless of the company an individual works for or who the policy is through, automatically declines the claim if the loss of life was because of suicide. Aside from that, I have nothing new to add here.

Users who are viewing this thread