rip off of the day award goes to....

matt87

Established Member
vin is correct for it to be a cobra. i would bet it was in a light 3 car pile up, front and rear damage. maybe recovered theft, took the wheels, rear seat, front and rear bumpers and trunk lid. hacked either way.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
After looking at the pictures and carfax it looks like someone bought the car in Jan of 2014 drove the crap out of the car and put 20k miles on it then took all the cobra body parts and mirrors off to sell for $$ then traded/sold the car to a dealer with gt bumpers with the dealer not knowing a thing about the car.

Edit: Just clicked on the video and the car now have a cheap ebay cobra r bumper in primer. Also the cop covers are missing?! Rear seats are out of a gt.

Someone needs to contact the dealer and see wtf is up with the car

Last edited:

atxjustice6r

Established Member
Thats funny. Reminds me of a dealer here where a customer swapped out the emblems on his BMW 740 to a 750LI. The dealer then gave him the trade in value of the 750. Good stuff

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not sure if it was cobra swapped or wrecked cobra fixed very cheaply...

vin is correct for it to be a cobra. i would bet it was in a light 3 car pile up, front and rear damage. maybe recovered theft, took the wheels, rear seat, front and rear bumpers and trunk lid. hacked either way.

After sifting through the pictures and looking at the details, this is what I am thinking. Either poorly repaired from an accident or theft recovery. Asking way too much, either way.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I'd offer about $10K on it and make it a dedicated drag car. But that is only if the drive train checked out.

-Jeff

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
This is what the dealer said after I questioned him about all the missing cobra body parts

The video was taken when we first obtained the car and there was an aftermarket front bumper cover on the vehicle. As far as the body panels replaced I have no ability to tell you what's right and wrong. Ours vehicles are listed and priced according to the VIN number so the VIN number ID's this vehicle as a cobra. If there's is anything else I can help you with please do not hesitate to ask.
Thank you,
Adam Lopez

Blackoyote

Established Member
This is what the dealer said after I questioned him about all the missing cobra body parts

You should email them back and let them know they're terrible car salesman if they didn't do a single bit of research on a vehicle before buying/selling it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You should email them back and let them know they're terrible car salesman if they didn't do a single bit of research on a vehicle before buying/selling it.

That'll teach them. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Blackoyote

Established Member
The email is to let them know they're ****ing idiots. They'll learn their lesson when the car sits there for months with no offers near what they paid for the car :)

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member

That'll teach them. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Dont worry guys I sent an email back

Okay well all I am going to tell you is that you need to search what you have. Everything about that car is wrong! I hate to see things like this. You are asking retail price for a car that is far from retail money. To be correct that car needs every Cobra specific body part besides the hood. Next time research a car before you buy it and learn what it is because whoever sold you this car ripped you off big time and all your doing is trying to rip off the next guy

That is all sir. Have a nice day

Users who are viewing this thread