RIP Sadie, truly the best companion.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Brady I’m so sorry for your loss. I put our rescue Beagle Layla down last July. I actually stayed while
They did it. She had kidney issues at 8 years old. We rescued her I balled my eyes out whole way home from the vet. The first female dog I had and she was so special to me. I miss her everyday. But she is pain free now. We had her cremated and her box says Layla Daddy’s girl always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackedout

Established Member
Sorry to see what you are going through.... our 4 legged friends are definitely like family !!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Brady I’m so sorry for your loss. I put our rescue Beagle Layla down last July. I actually stayed while
They did it. She had kidney issues at 8 years old. We rescued her I balled my eyes out whole way home from the vet. The first female dog I had and she was so special to me. I miss her everyday. But she is pain free now. We had her cremated and her box says Layla Daddy’s girl always.

Man that is so tough and only 8 years old. Our younger beagle mix is 5. Nothing wrong with crying, I've done plenty of it.

I'm glad you stayed with her while they put her to sleep. It's very comforting for them. As tough as it is on us, we owe to them! I will always be with my girls when the time comes regardless how hard it is.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Man that is so tough and only 8 years old. Our younger beagle mix is 5. Nothing wrong with crying, I've done plenty of it.

I'm glad you stayed with her while they put her to sleep. It's very comforting for them. As tough as it is on us, we owe to them! I will always be with my girls when the time comes regardless how hard it is.

First dog I’ve had and stayed with it was very hard but I was happy that I did. I will with all other dogs I have in my lifetime.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Our friends have been very supportive during this difficult time. Sadie is finally home again, we got her remains today.

We are having a friend make a nice box for her. We've gotten flowers and cards. It's amazing!

A friend dropped this off today. It made us cry and smile.
b35586ae1bafd6f0427a9f3bdfa23cec.jpg

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
32E28216-5F95-41FB-AC5E-11D82D73572F.jpeg
That’s such an awesome photo to have been captured. I’m truly glad you’ve got the good support of family, friends, and the forum guys on here. I know I don’t know you personally, but I truly am sorry for your loss. It never comes at the right time, never is the right time. Dogs truly are the greatest gift. They’ll never not be happy to greet you at the door no matter how long it’s been. Their unconditional love is timeless. My RedNose is turning 11 soon, and she’s getting worse as the days go by. Her bladder is shutting down, she’s already survived cancer once, and she’s gotten more lumps forming. I take her in a few days to get them looked at again. Vet said she’s a bit old to be put under for surgery again. She’s been there once before when she was about 6. I’ve had her since she was 3 weeks old. I rescued her and her 4 other siblings. The others have passed away due to diabetes, and some from parvo. She’s the last one standing, and I truly feel her end is coming sooner than I can mentally prepare for. This was a picture we took not that long ago. She loves her rides. She had no idea it was to her check up at the vet.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1748420That’s such an awesome photo to have been captured. I’m truly glad you’ve got the good support of family, friends, and the forum guys on here. I know I don’t know you personally, but I truly am sorry for your loss. It never comes at the right time, never is the right time. Dogs truly are the greatest gift. They’ll never not be happy to greet you at the door no matter how long it’s been. Their unconditional love is timeless. My RedNose is turning 11 soon, and she’s getting worse as the days go by. Her bladder is shutting down, she’s already survived cancer once, and she’s gotten more lumps forming. I take her in a few days to get them looked at again. Vet said she’s a bit old to be put under for surgery again. She’s been there once before when she was about 6. I’ve had her since she was 3 weeks old. I rescued her and her 4 other siblings. The others have passed away due to diabetes, and some from parvo. She’s the last one standing, and I truly feel her end is coming sooner than I can mentally prepare for. This was a picture we took not that long ago. She loves her rides. She had no idea it was to her check up at the vet.
I really do appreciate it! I'd rather be around dogs than most humans .

My thoughts are with you and your girl! Knowing you've given her the best life is what matters!

Here is a sign we have in the house. It's 100% spot on.
26b87c31ba8b9d2ecde2cd4418a1f972.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
View attachment 1748420That’s such an awesome photo to have been captured. I’m truly glad you’ve got the good support of family, friends, and the forum guys on here. I know I don’t know you personally, but I truly am sorry for your loss. It never comes at the right time, never is the right time. Dogs truly are the greatest gift. They’ll never not be happy to greet you at the door no matter how long it’s been. Their unconditional love is timeless. My RedNose is turning 11 soon, and she’s getting worse as the days go by. Her bladder is shutting down, she’s already survived cancer once, and she’s gotten more lumps forming. I take her in a few days to get them looked at again. Vet said she’s a bit old to be put under for surgery again. She’s been there once before when she was about 6. I’ve had her since she was 3 weeks old. I rescued her and her 4 other siblings. The others have passed away due to diabetes, and some from parvo. She’s the last one standing, and I truly feel her end is coming sooner than I can mentally prepare for. This was a picture we took not that long ago. She loves her rides. She had no idea it was to her check up at the vet.

jesus man, I'm sorry.

Like you said, its their unconditional love, that makes it so hard to say goodbye.
I've come in the house after TERRIBLE days, quitting jobs / getting fired, relationship issues, deaths in the family / friends dying in car accidents, drunk, dog doesnt matter, at the door wagging their tail welcoming me inside. Happy as a pig in a mud puddle.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
My wife is on the way right now to have our Jack Russell Rat Terrier mix Haley put down. She has cancer and stopped eating this weekend. She was doing pretty well but went downhill quickly. We have had her since 2007, she quite literally would not leave my wife's side when she was ill over the years, including when my wife caught COVID again a few weeks ago. You prepare for it, but it still hurts like hell.

5842.jpeg

5.2Leader

Established Member
Aww! I’m sorry! Doggies are Gods little angels on earth. She won’t be in pain any longer! God bless you and your family! Sorry for your loss!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

LS WUT

Established Member
My wife is on the way right now to have our Jack Russell Rat Terrier mix Haley put down. She has cancer and stopped eating this weekend. She was doing pretty well but went downhill quickly. We have had her since 2007, she quite literally would not leave my wife's side when she was ill over the years, including when my wife caught COVID again a few weeks ago. You prepare for it, but it still hurts like hell.

View attachment 1756951
I’m so sorry for your loss.

LS WUT

Established Member
At 1058 A.M. every hair on my body went on end and I felt a surge of energy. My wife called me at 1107 to tell me Haley was gone. She passed at 1058 A.M. She went totally at peace.
I’m so sorry for your loss, I know this is very hard. I’m glad she totally went in peace though.

Users who are viewing this thread