RIP Tesla cybertruck

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
This always seemed like a pipe dream. I am beginning to worry that the tesla semis won't see the light of day, either.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Last line of the article: A Tesla source later admitted that this entire article is utter nonsense.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I have been seeing people with reservations on Twitter posting emails from Tesla indicating a May 2022 delivery. Maybe another joke, but from Tesla themselves? Or maybe it's finally here.

Mackie

Established Member
I have been seeing people with reservations on Twitter posting emails from Tesla indicating a May 2022 delivery. Maybe another joke, but from Tesla themselves? Or maybe it's finally here.
Have you ever noticed that at least a year, if not 18 months, before a new vehicle, particularly a truck, launches, there are tons of spy photos of heavily camouflaged test vehicles out real world testing? Cold weather, durability, tow testing etc.

Now factor in a new EV pickup from a company who’s never built one before.

Yet somehow an untested Cybertruck is supposed to magically appear next month when none of the above has been realized and Tesla even admitted during their Q4 conference call it will be next year at the earliest?

I believe Cybertruck is 2 years out and will look nothing close to the 2019 ‘concept model’ which is infeasible to manufacture and certify. And that will be a good thing, what a ridiculous concept. Go rewatch the unveil again, everybody laughed when it drove on stage, thought it was an Elon ‘gag’ and that the real one was still hiding back stage.

It was a lot like that Will Smith ‘on stage’ moment, nobody was sure what they just saw…….

PS: I wouldn’t put it past Tesla to skip the real world testing, that’s what their customers are for. In fact, their customers pay Tesla $12K to test FSD beta software.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Once be broke the unbreakable glass Elon knew it was only a matter of time

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Have you ever noticed that at least a year, if not 18 months, before a new vehicle, particularly a truck, launches, there are tons of spy photos of heavily camouflaged test vehicles out real world testing? Cold weather, durability, tow testing etc.

Yet somehow an untested Cybertruck is supposed to magically appear next month when none of the above has been realized and Tesla even admitted during their Q4 conference call it will be next year at the earliest?

I believe Cybertruck is 2 years out and will look nothing close to the 2019 ‘concept model’ which is infeasible to manufacture and certify. And that will be a good thing, what a ridiculous concept. Go rewatch the unveil again, everybody laughed when it drove on stage, thought it was an Elon ‘gag’ and that the real one was still hiding back stage.

It was a lot like that Will Smith ‘on stage’ moment, nobody was sure what they just saw…….

PS: I wouldn’t put it past Tesla to skip the real world testing, that’s what their customers are for. In fact, their customers pay Tesla $12K to test FSD beta software.
There have been recent spy shots lol

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Tesla is already saying >2023

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know it's an April Fool's thing but they should save themselves the embarrassment and just cancel it.
Agreed. The Tesla Cybertruck brings back memories of how butt ugly the Pontiac Aztek was. The Aztek even looks like a sorta beauty queen compared to the ugly Cybertruck. The Cybertruck deserves a proper mercy killing!

1454098344-e9c8ae78-f5a2-4260-b998-37bb1e3eeb30.jpg

Looks like a soap-box derby entry.
971450.jpg

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
See, that's what I get for blindly following you fockers on SVTP..... I still think this truck should die a quiet death....

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Well there are at least 2 bidders that care about an electric pick up truck. This is a Hummer, that sold for $275k.

Users who are viewing this thread