Rivian's slow death has commenced

blk02edge

Established Member
So Cali doesn't have blackouts?
One shitty state? K... as time goes on the efficiency of everything goes up, as does the amount of solar panels. It's not going to be as much of an issue as many seem to think.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
One shitty state? K... as time goes on the efficiency of everything goes up, as does the amount of solar panels. It's not going to be as much of an issue as many seem to think.

Not when you are closing down every nuke power plant that is in existence. It has been stated more than once you can put the oversize pinwheels and sun reflectors coast to coast and there wouldn't be enough to power 1/3rd of the total power demand that the US has. That is saying something right there.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
They can commit all they want, but none of the main issues are being addressed. Like for example, raw materials. Both availability, cost and recycling. Among many other elephant size issues. Facts are we are being told they’re the future by people who are incapable of solving these issues hoping they will be. Hopes, dreams and force is powering the EV push.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
It's all vaporware. People that say EV's will be the near future have a very limited understanding of how power is produced & transmitted, or what it would take to modernize the grid to accommodate even a small fractional increase of EV's being added to the national fleet.

You still have to transmit that new power. Unless we all concentrate ourselves back to urban areas or other densely populated modern developments that were built for such things it won't matter how much power you make.

Solar comprises of just 3% of our energy. That's a lot of acreage that'll need to be converted to solar just to make some small gains. We get 19% from nuclear alone.

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
This is a glimpse of the green utopia that the church of climate change is ramming down everyone's throat.
Acres and acres of prime farmland gone forever to power a couple dozen homes at best, on a sunny day.

EvSaReThEfUtUrE.png
EvSaReThEfUtUrE2.png
EvSaReThEfUtUrE3.png

I like solar. I've been contemplating having it installed on my house, in conjunction with a few battery walls. But not to go green. I want to do it so when they start rationing power in the near future (And they will) I'll be off grid and have all that I need.

One thing I'll say about Canada is they do it right. They harness all the water in the North and use it to power most of the eastern part of the country.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It's all vaporware. People that say EV's will be the near future have a very limited understanding of how power is produced & transmitted, or what it would take to modernize the grid to accommodate even a small fractional increase of EV's being added to the national fleet.

I think you sell the opposition short.

You still have to transmit that new power.
Okay.... So we need more Government funded, Union built infrastructure? No one wants to pay for it right now? Well when they can't get to work cause the grid is out - they'll support the $400 Trillion dollars build back better bill.

Unless we all concentrate ourselves back to urban areas or other densely populated modern developments that were built for such things it won't matter how much power you make.
You say that like it's not the goal.

You will live in a bubble, eat bugs and be happy owning nothing.

All these EV issues and problems are not "bugs", they are "features". They want to drive you into urban centers, end home ownership and force you into mass transit systems.

If it's impossible to financially own a car and physically impossible to power it - you'll have to go back to pre-automotive life and live in a city walking to work. That's the goal.

blk02edge

Established Member

You still have to transmit that new power. Unless we all concentrate ourselves back to urban areas or other densely populated modern developments that were built for such things it won't matter how much power you make.

Solar comprises of just 3% of our energy. That's a lot of acreage that'll need to be converted to solar just to make some small gains. We get 19% from nuclear alone.
You say that like the governments won't steal more money via taxes and ram solar and wind farms down the throats of everyone...

It sure is bold to believe that because of current conditions that this stuff won't massively adapt.

It will.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
This is a glimpse of the green utopia that the church of climate change is ramming down everyone's throat.
Acres and acres of prime farmland gone forever to power a couple dozen homes at best, on a sunny day.

View attachment 1746044View attachment 1746045View attachment 1746046

I like solar. I've been contemplating having it installed on my house, in conjunction with a few battery walls. But not to go green. I want to do it so when they start rationing power in the near future (And they will) I'll be off grid and have all that I need.

One thing I'll say about Canada is they do it right. They harness all the water in the North and use it to power most of the eastern part of the country.
Solar seems to be a better solution at the house level and not the power station level. If every house generated most of its own power the current electric grids would have plenty of capacity most likely. The gvt could likely supply solar panels to everyone for what the give solar farm companies in subsidies.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Solar seems to be a better solution at the house level and not the power station level. If every house generated most of its own power

And there seems to be the rub... at least in a lot of locations.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking of Solar farms, FPL(Florida Power & Light) has been buying western-rural land in S.FL the past few years to build up those acres of panels.

Curious how they'll handle a hurricane. Not that I want a hurricane, but the viability of panels when you got 100+ winds and debris

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Speaking of Solar farms, FPL(Florida Power & Light) has been buying western-rural land in S.FL the past few years to build up those acres of panels.

Curious how they'll handle a hurricane. Not that I want a hurricane, but the viability of panels when you got 100+ winds and debris
Panhandle too

blk02edge

Established Member
Wait until the people holding the hot potato realize when the music stops they need to buy a $25,000 battery to keep driving the potato. That will be the end of this charade.
Won't be a thing, most people already trade in every few years, cars will just be more like cell phones. Batteries won't cost anywhere near that much by the time this shit is main stream.

sleek98

Established Member
I am noticing more of the newer homes near us are getting solar.

I have had our panels for almost 3-1/2 years now, the last 2 months the power company has owed me 40 cents and 80 cents. I did it as we built the house/garage and plan to stay here for 30+ years and figured I would lock in our electric rate.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I seen several Rivians cruising Woodward on Saturday night.

GAPPING T.F. out of C7 Z06's, dig, rolls didn't matter.
There's several by me in Rancho Santa Margarita. No one said they aren't quick. But is the company viable long term? Can they sustain long term losses like Tesla without someone like Elon running the show?

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Won't be a thing, most people already trade in every few years, cars will just be more like cell phones. Batteries won't cost anywhere near that much by the time this shit is main stream.
Typical Lefty Response. Yes the finite resource (lithium) will somehow become cheaper - in the future - makes me laugh every time I hear it. Also I love how we solve "climate change" LOL by throwing away cars now after 8 years. Sounds like a lefty plan if Ive ever heard one.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
when asked about the possible death of Rivian Musk replied

Attachments

• ifhedies.jpg
    ifhedies.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 57

blk02edge

Established Member
Typical Lefty Response. Yes the finite resource (lithium) will somehow become cheaper - in the future - makes me laugh every time I hear it. Also I love how we solve "climate change" LOL by throwing away cars now after 8 years. Sounds like a lefty plan if Ive ever heard one.
Don't confuse me with someone advocating EV's I hate them as much as anyone... but... your views are the same thing republicans has pre Biden about the left taking over..

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should be ignorant about the reality.

You can scream about EV's and how stupid they are yet they are coming like it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread