Road Course video of me

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Beautiful looking car.

What setup were you running on the Course? Tires, etc.

Van@RevanRacing

Impossible that you ran with a Griggs car!

Beautiful car you got there

I think he meant an overall tie with the Griggs car. His road course time was an average of 1.11 and the Griggs Car driven by Don Rostitch averaged 1.04.

I guess they didn't average in the off track excursion the Griggs car had. If they did his average time would have been 30 minutes per lap. :rolling:

Off track excursions are part of doing the road course, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

Nice work Rich.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Thanks Guys.
Yea Van you said it. Had I had a set of Hoosiers I would have given him a better run on the road course. They detuned the car so HP was fairly equal. He had those big Hoosiers all the way around and he also ran those on the drag strip.

I am planning on running Roebling rd in November. I should have a better setup on the track for that event.

Give me a holler Jim its been awhile!

I loved looking at the other 3 cars they posted. They left off 2.

The blue Shelby was going off road a little and the fox was cutting tires.
Me and Dons car stayed on our lines. When he really pushed it it turned into Das Boat! Good thing it was just water and no damage!

The coolest part of the day was watching that green fox drift around the track. It was sideways through the big turn.

I ran the Nitto 555 street tire on the 20 SS wheels. 285 rear and 255 up front.

I have a set of 305's to go all the way around on the stock wheels for track days. I just have to get them mounted. Its nice to have a car that with a quick tire swap and a couple twists on the shocks and I have a straight line screamer and then a corner carver.

on a side note a few of those cars had pros driving them and some had multiple drivers depending on what they were doing be it the drag or the road course.

I did all my own wrenching and driving!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a rematch. I have heard it could happen at VIR.

03-246

Established Member
Enjoyed the article...beautiful car. But in reality....no one even came close to the Griggs car on the road course. Don's car is build for the road course and his 7 - 8 second advantage was HUGE.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Very true but on that small course his tires gave him the biggest advantage. When you try and sling a 4000lb car around a small course things happen and it did at the event.

Now at a bigger track that griggs setup would stomp just about any other car and under full boost look out!

Oh and dont forget to give credit to the driver. I have seen some awsome cars with horrible drivers.

Last edited:

cbarile

Established Member
spawn, was thinking of taking my stripes off my gt500 like you did on your car. could you please post some pics of your car so i can see how it looks with no stripes. thanks and soory for the OT.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
All the time the car has been in the Magazine this year!

My car came with the stripe delete option and is 1 of 15 Torch Coupes for 2009.

mmfp_1009_22_o+triple_threat_throwdown+2009_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500_3.jpg

mmfp_1009_20_o+triple_threat_throwdown+2009_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500.jpg

mmfp_1009_01_o+triple_threat_throwdown+mustangs.jpg

mmfp_1008_01_o+keystone_nmra_racing+ford_mustang.jpg

mmfp_1007_16_o+16th_annual_nitto_tire_spring_break_shootout+2009_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread