Road Test: 850hp Shelby Super Snake

8gtoklr

Established Member
^^ this... I agree, nice car Shelby put together but in true form a super snake is a gt500 taken to the next limit by Shelby...and what's up with that trap speed?116?? I did that in my 14 5.0 with a tune,x pipe and Intake.

Shelby swapped in a solid axle LOL

scott_0

Established Member
not only is the appearance pretty awful, but 850hp and 116 trap speed??? the ****?

SVTPete83

Established Member
I lol'd at the whole article. Shelby was probably rolling over in his grave at the trap speed.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Sorta related; I kinda wish Ford would just go back to the Cobra name and leave the Shelby stuff alone now that they retro styling is gone.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Sorta related; I kinda wish Ford would just go back to the Cobra name and leave the Shelby stuff alone now that they retro styling is gone.

Lets face it, the Shelby Mustangs from Ford have been the best they have ever made. The success of these cars has afforded them the ability to do a lot more specialty vehicles. It was an excellent approach and now Ford is a major player and leader in the current power craze.

C0bra99

Established Member
Yep as stated this is a fail. How can this even be a SS when it wasn't born a Snake. Just a rebadged Shelby GT.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
two tenths faster in the 1/4 and 460 more horsepower than a 04 cobra.. seriously?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Looking at the time-to-speed numbers, I think two things were happening. 1) The driver wasn't exactly speed shifting; look at the time differential at [what I estimate to be] the shift points. 2) Timing was definitely being pulled. Heat soak was probably the issue. They probably should've used a 4" pulley instead of that 3.78". Revving the engine out to 7400 is going to be producing some serious heat in the air charge.

A larger pulley and a slightly more aggressive tune might result in some impressive dividends. A 3.9 0-60 and a 12.3@116 1/4 don't really go together. This car is barely any quicker than a '07 GT500 with 100+ lbs more weight and 350 less HP.

Last edited:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Not a fan at all. The hood looks terrible on it and I don't like the rubber band on the wheels look or the super deep dish out back.

afro

Why?
Established Member
Come on guys, anyone who knows anything about cars knows those numbers don't match up. It's 850hp in a 3800lb car. Yes, 3800lb's is a lot of weight, but this car should be running high 10's AT LEAST. Something happened during these tests. Maybe they forgot to turn the supercharger on? lol idk.

-fro

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Everyday I become more happy with my 2014 purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread