Votes: 73 49.3%
  • dig

Votes: 75 50.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03_termi

Established Member
PLEASE VOTE
A friend of mine showed me a poll like this on another forum and i thought id make one and see how many people perfer digs over rolls or vice versa.

digs all the way for me. thats just how a race should be imo

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I myself have always race from a dig with my old foxbody. That's how I won alot because it hit hard and hooked well. Now this cobra is a different story, with nitto drag radials I have to feather it through 1st gear which sucks.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I think the whole debate is stupid. Realistically a 500, 600, 700+ car is tough and dangerous to launch from a dig on the street. Without a prepped surface and great tires it doesn't matter how skilled you are, traction is going to be very hard to come by from a dig. I'm all about drag racing, I have hundreds of passes on multiple cars. But roll racing, regardless how ricer its perceived, is more practical and realistically safer for most hi po cars on the street.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
I think the whole debate is stupid. Realistically a 500, 600, 700+ car is tough and dangerous to launch from a dig on the street. Without a prepped surface and great tires it doesn't matter how skilled you are, traction is going to be very hard to come by from a dig. I'm all about drag racing, I have hundreds of passes on multiple cars. But roll racing, regardless how ricer its perceived, is more practical and realistically safer for most hi po cars on the street.

SAFER? When you are going from a dig and get loose..let out of it. If you start from a roll you reach higher speeds and higher speeds is not safer...especially on the streets!!! I don't care which you prefer but lets not paint a false perception.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
SAFER? When you are going from a dig and get loose..let out of it. If you start from a roll you reach higher speeds and higher speeds is not safer...especially on the streets!!! I don't care which you prefer but lets not paint a false perception.

What do you do when you dig race, stop at 45mph? Whether its a dig race or roll race you're hitting high speeds?? A hi po car is going from zero to 40-50mph in a couple seconds, you can break traction and end up in the next lane very quickly.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
depends~ at the track with the correct tires we all know the answer, on the street with inferior radials We all know the answer!

jlbush

Established Member
Dig at the track because street racing is wrong RAWRRR. :D

For me I like roll and dig. However, for a true test of power I like roll racing because you typically hear a lot less excuses. You still hear excuses, but not like dig races.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member

Lately have not ran much cause it is dangerous. However, when I did few months past I agree 100% with the post above. If the surface is not prepared correctly, your wasting effort and time. Chances of loosing control increase.
OP thought you just took care of a speeding ticket, :dw:

rudycobra

Established Member
I like dig to but only cause I usually hook ! I think though that a roll is fair to both because both should hook from a roll . Dig may show who better driver but I wanna know wat car is faster and has more power .

cobracide

Established Member
Dig - yes.

Roll - if dig is not possible or opportune.

Dig no question, if you have a choice in my opinion. Unfortunately, 2003-4 Cobras are difficult to launch at best in most cases. These roots blowers have massive torque off the line. Most should choose where there skills give them the advantage. Not to say I can launch worth a crap but can't remembered the last time I passed up some fun.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
I like dig racing. But if I'm on the highway and someone wants to play then I'm down for a lil roll action.

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
I do digs most of the time now that i have bias ply et streets that i run around on (on occasion) otherwise if i have the 315's on i usually roll bc i wheel hop so god damn bad from a dig.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Roll. It takes drivers (and in most cases the excuses) out of the equation and pits car vs car. Less issues with traction means both cars get to go at it full bore and not have to pussyfoot halfway through third.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

ramstein

Established Member
I personally think rolls are more fun. It may involve less skill but it shows clearly what car is faster and has more power. in a dig race drivers skills is a huge factor.

Users who are viewing this thread