Roush Coilovers Review

NemeCes

Established Member
I recently bought some Roush Coilovers from a member here and I installed them last Friday. I'm really happy with the results. I do think that if someone wants to retain stock ride quality these are not for you. I have the dampners at the settings of F 3 of 12/R 2 of 12 (12 being stiffest) and it is significantly stiffer than stock. Now I just need to either cut the oem rear bump stops some or install the roush ones which I may still have to trim.

Some of the pluses:
The ride is much stiffer than stock
Body roll, squat and dive are all gone
The car is at my desired ride height so no more 4x4'ing
The shocks/strut/spring assemblies were all lighter than the oem ones
Comes with caster/camber plates

Let me know what you guys think.

Will get more pics tomorrow after the alignment and wash.

IMG_3063_1.jpg

IMG_3085_1.jpg

IMG_3079_1.png

Crappy cell pics

Roxy_Stanced1.jpg

Roxy_Stanced.jpg

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
glad you like em. I did not know roush made coil overs?

IMO it sits too low as Id like to see a little more rake in the stance.

maybe some wheel spacers out back or wider rims would help the stance now that its slammed ;)

jayman33

I have them too, just in case you didn't know. KW makes the kit, they're basically the V2 system. They also have a shop in California where you can buy and replace your springs for an upgrade. Also if you ever have problems such as busted seal or other types of leaking they will fix/ repair or replace for a great price. To have both my front struts reconditioned (new seals and whatnot) it cost me 125 with shipping, not a bad price if you ask me. If you call the KW place they can fill you in on all the info you need to know on this kit.

kingnut

Established Member
pics or link of this kit? car looks great. looks like you got rid of almost all the rake. i like the leveled out look cant stand alot of rake.

NemeCes

Established Member
Thanks a lot for all of your input guys. I'm not going for that raked look so the height will most likely stay as is. I am in need of spacers on all four corners though.

The kit is very expensive imo brand new $12-1500. Just go to the roush site. I wouldn't buy it at reg price. There are so many cheaper and just as competent offers out there on suspension products.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Thanks a lot for all of your input guys. I'm not going for that raked look so the height will most likely stay as is. I am in need of spacers on all four corners though.

The kit is very expensive imo brand new $12-1500. Just go to the roush site. I wouldn't buy it at reg price. There are so many cheaper and just as competent offers out there on suspension products.

that actually cheap for a coilover kit. cheapest ive seen for cars start at 2500

AZBOSS

Established Member
Sometimes you can find these on Roush Overstock's Ebay site; I picked up a set that I'm waiting to put on the BOSS for $800 shipped. Good to know about the inexpensive rebuild option from KW.

NemeCes

Established Member
that actually cheap for a coilover kit. cheapest ive seen for cars start at 2500

Too much in my eyes. Shocks and lowering springs are a much more viable option in most cases. If the coilovers were for some serious competition then it would be worth it but I've never paid more than $800 for new coilovers whether it be for my civic, bmw, or this car.

Sometimes you can find these on Roush Overstock's Ebay site; I picked up a set that I'm waiting to put on the BOSS for $800 shipped. Good to know about the inexpensive rebuild option from KW.

Yeah the KW info is great info. If you don't mind a bit stiffer ride then I'm sure you'll love these.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Car looks good. If you plan to get into road course the coil over will help out a lot.

kingnut

Established Member
So these are fully adjustable? Do you have a pic or link to the kit.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Those concerned about rake...these are coil overs, aka height adjustable. You can have any rake you desire.

kingnut

Established Member
Ive checked roush's site and cant find this setup on it. Discontinued?

NemeCes

Established Member
They were on the site not even a month ago. You might try giving them a call if you are interested in a set. If you are looking to lower, you can also check out strano performance parts. They got a great spring/shock setup for our car and it will run you around $600. That is the route I was planning on going before I came across this deal.

NemeCes

Established Member
Nice, looks quite a bit lower than mine.

Thanks! Yea I think I got the front coilovers pretty much bottomed out. Still got room on the rears for lower but the bump stops won't let me. Already cut a good chunk off of them to allow for suspension travel.

Overall I'm very pleased with the ride height.

Users who are viewing this thread