Roush TVS vs Vortech centri.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I gave Chris my number. I think it's supposed to rain the next couple of days. I'm not swapping to E85. It looks like this school is going to keep my evenings somewhat busy. Ill be free over the weekends though.

3.55s are def going to force you into 5th on a roll race if you don't get a good launch though. I'm topping out around 140ish in 4th

Yea I was looking at the weather too.. Doesn't look to be to great.. We'll have to plan it later on for sure.. I can't run to 140.. I do like 50-130 and my fourth is done..

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you could make more average power all over the curve it would be silly not to do so.

A PD blower does this for you.

There are many good reasons that OEMs almost always choose PD blowers.

The traction complaint with PD is a cop-out. Our 2013 GT500 on stock tires/stock gears actually hooks up pretty decent with 700rwhp and 700rwtq at 3000rpm. Rebecca's 2011 5.0L with the Roush TVS went low 1.4s on a 275 radial tire with basically stock suspension with an ARB. grnenvy on here takes out GTRs on the street with a TVSed convertible on a 20" radial. That's a frickin AWD supercar vs a lowly mustang with 10psi of boost!

Trying to analyze a roll race based on RPM/gear/MPH is pointless. Use real timing equipment at a track or be happy with what you get on the street.

kyoshosp2

Established Member
3:55s in my 2011 Vortech car were perfect with mt82.. 3:73 was a little to short .. I would kill Whipple cars from a 60mph roll I had 7psi and he had 15psi . It was him a fender a head on the hit but I'd start pulling as I shift at 7300 :)))))

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
3:55s in my 2011 Vortech car were perfect with mt82.. 3:73 was a little to short .. I would kill Whipple cars from a 60mph roll I had 7psi and he had 15psi . It was him a fender a head on the hit but I'd start pulling as I shift at 7300 :)))))

A whipple what at 15psi? 03/04 cobra?

milgt

Established Member

I wouldn't mind meeting up with you to get a ride and see what the difference actually is like if you are willing to do so sometime

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I know that everyone was concerned.. BUT This centri death was Avenged :beer: Geared Centri FTMFW... More to come.. Stay tuned :eek:

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
A 3.55 vortech car beat Silvs's Roush car?

98 saleen cobras vortech car beat me by a car on two races and a fender on the other. We ran 50-125 ( his request) his car is an absolute monster. It was a fun race and we both think it would've been a different outcome if I was on the corn. Ill get the video posted up later today of this race and the re race Milgt and I did Friday night.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Slippin and sliding through fourth for the both of us lol!! I'm thinking you on corn and both of us on a sticky tire would have for a very VERY fun race!!
and me yanking my seats out lol!!

SILV03MustangGT

Established Member
Indeed dude! I would love to rematch on the corn but they are retarded for pricing (over 4 a gallon) and the closest pump is damn near 30 mins away and opposite directions of either of us.

Users who are viewing this thread