Roush TVS vs Vortech centri.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
My car vs MilGT here's the vids. All runs were from a 50ish roll to just over 140. TVS FTW!!!! First vid mil spun and let out I held the Mach at my door. Second vid was a pretty clean run and the third vid I gave him the hit and started to pull away in 4th.

My mods in sig. I was my 91 octane tune with 93 in the tank. 8psi.

MilGTs mods Vortech@7lbs/jlt intake/boss manifold/id1000s/cat deletes/hushpower catback making about 600/460.

There was also a fully built Mach1 that ran with us said he was making about 640.

[youtube_browser]T1H6bvrXITY[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]9w0sDUcFzBE[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]kriZ51ldxR4[/youtube_browser]

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
are both cars sticks? autos?

what gear is in each car, and whats the wheel tire setup?

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It was so cold 2nd gear wouldn't hook at all. So we both started in third. So we went from 50-55 in third.

your car would def have the advantage in the race then,

with a 1.69 3rd gear with 3.15's, thats about 3200 rpms, right in your sweet spot.

i'd like to see you guys do the same races again from say 75 in 3rd gear where his is starting in his sweet spot,

or 50-55 in 2nd gear, again, in his sweet spot.

every car combo is going to have a favorable starting position over another, and the lower rpm is definately going to favor a screw / roots type blower

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

with a 1.69 3rd gear with 3.15's, thats about 3200 rpms, right in your sweet spot.

i'd like to see you guys do the same races again from say 75 in 3rd gear where his is starting in his sweet spot,

every car combo is going to have a favorable starting position over another, and the lower rpm is definately going to favor a screw / roots type blower

WUT he said :beer:

Good ran buddy!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
WUT he said :beer:

Good ran buddy!

Thats why a full 1/4 mile race from a dead stop is the way to go, gives each guy a chance to run through all the gears in each of there sweet spots, and show which car is the best.

you can take a car that is quicker in the 1/4 mile by just a tad and have it lose to the same car in a role race by the starting rpm

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
So you're making like 69rwhp more than he is. Did you expect him to beat you or anything?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yup this is true.. This is another reason why I have 4.10's.. When I run 04 Cobra's wheither it's from 3rd or 2nd gear I'm always higher in the RPM band (in most cases).. But most 3.55 gear'd cars will be at 3200ish when I'm at 4000+ rpm.. Right where I need to be..

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So you're making like 69rwhp more than he is. Did you expect him to beat you or anything?

i believe he said that he was on a 91 tune, with 93, with adapative octane, should basically be a 93 tune, so power would probably be closer than the e85.

the biggest factor in a roll race is starting rpm,

i'm not saying the results would for sure be different, but i believe that same speed in 2nd, or 70-75 in 3rd, would be a different story.

most centri's make peak power at or near redline

2012csgt

Established Member
I would love to race a Tvs but I don't know anyone with one.... I'm in South Florida Boca Raton area if anyone with a Tvs want to meet up for a race ... Lmk. I an very curious myself.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

He requested the race at that speed, I don't really think the higher speed would've made much of a difference in his case. Even when we were in the higher rpms I still pulled up top.

They were good runs. He also wasn't running with all the nannies off, so I'm sure the car was pulling power everyone he shifted. I was spinning pretty good off the hit and the 3-4 shift would spin. The driver mod helped I'm sure.

grnenvy

Established Member
Not a very good vid or race but nice win for the TVS. The car that makes more pwr under the curve or useable pwr in the cars rpm range always wins. Peak has never ment anything to me.

Users who are viewing this thread