Running from the Police Question

DaBigBone

Established Member
I know a guy that gets in cop chases for fun. Regularly cruises at 130+ on florida highways and around columbus when he's up north.

Also stole a cop car and drove it around for a night. This was about 10 years ago though. The video is kinda amusing, him and his passenger were talking like kermit the frog over the loud speaker as they were passing people.

No, he doesn't.

As an LEO in the area mentioned, if a vehicle was spotted doing 130+, there would be a chopper over top of it within seconds.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
No, he doesn't.

As an LEO in the area mentioned, if a vehicle was spotted doing 130+, there would be a chopper over top of it within seconds.

You would have heard about all them chases too. Any recollection of the cop car theft?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
In North Carolina now, they just passed a law... If you flee.. they get your car. So unless you want to donate your vehicle to the state, I wouldn't suggest running in NC.

Yup

CNGInterceptor

4-door Cobra
Established Member
I'd say pull over, and here's why:

One nite I was in the next town over from me behind a Camaro headed back to my house. I was toying with him and he ended up brake checking me. Middle of the nite, two lane narrow road with a double yellow line - I flew around him. There was a *slight* bend in the road, and left tires to the curb, I came across head on with a police cruiser. I was going about going about 40mph over. I immediately pulled over into the first parking lot I could find, and it took the officer about 30 seconds to catch up. In the meantime, I had my tinted windows rolled down, my license / reg / insurance card ready, and my interior light on. He ended up letting me go! He said "I appreciate you stopping, you definitley would've lost me". Now I see him around town and he waves!

tigerhonaker

Established Member
I'd say pull over, and here's why:

One nite I was in the next town over from me behind a Camaro headed back to my house. I was toying with him and he ended up brake checking me. Middle of the nite, two lane narrow road with a double yellow line - I flew around him. There was a *slight* bend in the road, and left tires to the curb, I came across head on with a police cruiser. I was going about going about 40mph over. I immediately pulled over into the first parking lot I could find, and it took the officer about 30 seconds to catch up. In the meantime, I had my tinted windows rolled down, my license / reg / insurance card ready, and my interior light on. He ended up letting me go! He said "I appreciate you stopping, you definitley would've lost me". Now I see him around town and he waves!

That is an excellent Story and the End was Awesome !!!

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
No, he doesn't.

I've seen plenty of vids actually one with a chopper in it, along with being with him when we outran two biker cops on the way from dayton to osu; probably 2005'ish.

But hey whatever don't believe it, you've seen everything. I personally dont care, just pointing out its not impossible.

Last edited:

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
If you run you're going to jail and your crimes become even more serious. You stop it could be a really cool cop and he might even let you go. You choose

This is the right answer.

I have been caught going much faster than the posted limit and I've pulled over and waited for the officer. When he came up to the car he asked why did I pull over? I told him that I knew I was speeding and that he caught me. He was cool and only gave me a ticket for a laser detector mounted in the windshield "obstructing my forward vision". Zero points and a minimal fine.

Last edited:

DailyDriver

Established Member
yeah you shouldnt speed. But think about it how long do you spend doing 130 4 or 5 secs? Then your slowing down again. Im mean its not like anyone does 130+ for long periods of time unless your really looking to get pulled over. I know I drop it in to 3rd an hit it then back off when I hit top of fourth at 125mph.

If your doing 30+mph over the speed limit on the hwy why not try an dip if you have a chance. not saying drive like an ass but if an exit is coming up slow down an get off and make a few turns.

Its really up to the cop that pulls you over though. Which sucks most of the time because if their having a bad day a simple traffic stop which it should be one ticket or none at all turns into 3 or 5 . Me an my friend took his new 2010 camaro out at 2am i was driving an got pulled over doing 150. Got us a mile down the road since I slowed down right after i hit 150. They got out asked why he pulled us over, said i might have been going a little to fast he laughed took my lience came back an we talked about the car since it just came out. Then he said slow it down and let us go.

Last edited:

Monster Mach

Established Member
Iv ran a few times so far... not exactly something I'm proud of.. iv gotten caught once when the officer was a family friend... but not in my mustang.. in the zx10r.. speeds were 150+ at that speed there was no way they would catch me... if I crashed it wouldn't hurt....

powerhogger

Established Member
Here's mine:

I was leaving coffee and cars in Houston two months ago and after revving the engine through the crowds, needless to say I was feel like a bit of a tool. I hit the feeder to a pretty big highway with a c5 and a c6z doing about 130+.

We merge on to the highway and slowed down to about PSL due to traffic. Swerving like an idiot, I quickly ended up in the furthest left lane of the highway. I notice the c6z on my right with a clearing and me with a clearing ahead. About to drop the hammer, but before I did, I glanced in the rear view and sure enough there was a cop in my lane on a bike taking ALL in. At this point we're doing close to 90; I slam on the brakes and cut the c6z off.

This pisses the cop off and he pulls all three of us over. Asked for licences and told us to get on the other side of a guard rail. There he gave us a 5 minute lecture on how we're gonna kill ourselves and others...

After the lecture, he hands us back our licences then says "Ok, I'm not in county and I don't feel like doing the paperwork so no one is getting a ticket. Marry Christmas"

We all could have dusted his ass but I'm glad I pulled over and will (god forbid) next time and face the consequences for my dumbass actions.

Thank goodness for rear view mirrors.

tigerhonaker

Established Member
Here's mine:

I was leaving coffee and cars in Houston two months ago and after revving the engine through the crowds, needless to say I was feel like a bit of a tool. I hit the feeder to a pretty big highway with a c5 and a c6z doing about 130+.

We merge on to the highway and slowed down to about PSL due to traffic. Swerving like an idiot, I quickly ended up in the furthest left lane of the highway. I notice the c6z on my right with a clearing and me with a clearing ahead. About to drop the hammer, but before I did, I glanced in the rear view and sure enough there was a cop in my lane on a bike taking ALL in. At this point we're doing close to 90; I slam on the brakes and cut the c6z off.

This pisses the cop off and he pulls all three of us over. Asked for licences and told us to get on the other side of a guard rail. There he gave us a 5 minute lecture on how we're gonna kill ourselves and others...

After the lecture, he hands us back our licences then says "Ok, I'm not in county and I don't feel like doing the paperwork so no one is getting a ticket. Marry Christmas"

We all could have dusted his ass but I'm glad I pulled over and will (god forbid) next time and face the consequences for my dumbass actions.

goodpost.gif

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Here's mine:

It's "Merry Christmas", unless you're looking to be Santa's wife.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I've "ran" once on my old 250cc Ninja. I was on my way to work and all of a sudden I saw lights a few blocks back. I was already at the work parking ramp, so I pulled in. The ramp has those card activated bars so he can't follow. I sit in there for a minute watching him circle the ramp, and while he is at the back entrance, I take off and head all the way home, taking back roads. I parked the bike in the garage and got my car and drove back lol. I was never really sure if he was after me for speeding or what. I'm not sure why I did it, but that was back in '05.

The other time was in my Cobra. I was leading my group of cars on a cruise and we were at a 4-way stop leading onto the highway. I decided that since I had been driving respectably the entire cruise, I would powerslide around the corner for fun. As soon as I finished, a cop came from the other direction up a slight hill. He immediately flipped on the cherries n berries so I planted my foot knowing that he had to go to the intersection to turn around. After a couple seconds I thought to myself, WTF am I doing so I just pulled over. I ended up with only a ticket for "Imprudent speed" and only two points off my license. That was two years ago and I haven't had any incidents since.

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
You run away from the police on the highway and you will likely end up in a crash or in the back of his cruiser. How many people do you know or have heard of who made a clean escape? Not too many. Therefore, it's better to make the logical choice to pull over and simplify the situation.
I've done it once and my brother has been in 3 chases and got caught up in one in Howard co md
He was going to get a warning but instead he got ****ed over pretty bad luckily he avoided jail time but its just as bad with all the legal issues and money
My days are over when I run from cops not because I don't think I can do it or that it isn't worth it its just I have to much to loose I rather take the bus then be in jail again.
Once I was doing a top speed run on i270 and I passed a charger cop car 120-130 I kept going till 160 just about got off a exit parked the car in a parking garage and got a ride
While it makes for a good story it its worth it

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Go to you tube and watch "Get away In Stockholm'? Something like that...often

exotics running from cops at night in Sweden. Good videos. I think they are legit?

Users who are viewing this thread