Running Nitto D/R's On The Street?

FordFanStan

Established Member
Technically you could rotate the fronts left to right and right to left and the same with the back, but you would have to have them swapped on the wheels. And I would only do that if they were wearing uneven, and that shouldnt be happening if you are correctly aligned and balanced, so this post was a waste in other words haha... Stan

mikeb82992

Established Member
OK...what pressure you guys running....I had to lower the pressure too much to be comfortable....I ran 28 for a while...I stopped at 25...did not seem to hook up much better than F1s...might go lower...any experience???...like drop down to 20 at the track and back to 28 for the road....got a 2000 with a 6lb long tubes single throttle body MAF long tubes Lakewoods Diablo canned tune (slightly modified)...launch about 1500 and still smokem, have to back off cause it goes all over...not bad in rain...you got to watch it...going to get a year out of them...whats the deal???

FordFanStan

Established Member
You want traction plus longivity; doesnt work that way. You want more longivity keep running them high psi on the street. You want more traction run them anywhere from 18-22 psi all the time. I ran mine around 18-20 on the street and 17-18 on the track... Stan

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
That is all I have run on the back for 2 years. I run them at 18-22 psi. If you pump 'em up any higher then it just wears out the centers and you won't get much traction. I get about 8000 miles out of mine and then I take 'em off and put on new ones. I only run'em down close to the safety wear bars. After that they are not really safe if it rains. I use the ones I take off as my road course tires. Mount up 4 of those babies and you won't believe how well it will handle on the road course. Of course you want to crank 'em up to about 35 pounds for the twisties.

mikeb82992

Established Member
pressure

OK...thanks, I was way too high...I am gonna drop the pressure and try them out...(after the snow melts)...good idea on the used ones

Users who are viewing this thread