Rut Row Raggy!... SC'ed GTO

dougwg

Established Member
:eek:

how long before they catch up?

gto-1.jpg

mystifiedworm

Established Member
Doug, Let me know when you perform your magic on the GTO. Dave (owner) bought a Yellow 6spd last Friday. His 04 Silverado, and his wifes 04 Escalade are blown... so rest assured the goat will be too. Let me know when you can hook a brother up :)
Bill

(Oops... dammit! Chad log out on my computer when you are done posting:fm: :D

Last edited:

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Its cute, its just like a supercharged catfish SS, 8 to 9 pounds of boost and thats it, not to mention lots of headaches. Great power for that boost but high compression creats detonation headaches that id hate to deal with unless shes built

mystifiedworm

Established Member
LS1/LS6 bottom ends are good for about 500-550rwhp... reliably speaking. Anything after that the rods and pistons need to be replaced. Crank is good to over 700hp.

:beer:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Looks like a magnacharger to me.

MTI in Houston has a 455ci LS1 in their GTO. It dyno'd 535rwhp through cats.

There are going to be some nasty GTO's out there. The funny thing is that this car is not marketed/sold to people who mod them.

2814v

Established Member
Look's good, how long before they blow up. With 10.5 to 1, they better have a awfully good tune and low boost.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
damn-

Just noticed how they pulley that thing. You could really have a hard time with belt slip huh?

the inlet tube looks like my 4th grade paper machet(sp?) project

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Oh yeah... Still hate those stupid coil covers over the valve covers.

who are they trying to kid? It's still got pushrods GM ! no need to try to make it look like a mod head

wuplash

Established Member
looks nice but it will still see the cobras taillights.unless the motor is built up some i would say 5-6lbs boost is all the kit will be due to the already high compression of the ls1.

Bill Reid

Established Member
Yup... 5-6 psi is all its gonna be. Probably 460-475 rwhp on the 6spds... bit less with the A4's. You can get away with 7psi... but longevity could be an issue. No doubt the Cobra may still have the upper hand but it WILL be intersting to see what these blown goats do at the track. Power-to-Weight ratio is key.

Also, Look for a single hairdryer soon as well ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread