Rut Row Raggy!... SC'ed GTO

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Originally posted by unit213
You watched one race and now you know everything about the LS1. Congrats. Good luck. You're going to need it. :beer:

...and the magnuson blower sucks.

...or BLOWS? :idea:

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Originally posted by Bill Reid
Yup... 5-6 psi is all its gonna be. Probably 460-475 rwhp on the 6spds... bit less with the A4's. You can get away with 7psi... but longevity could be an issue. No doubt the Cobra may still have the upper hand but it WILL be intersting to see what these blown goats do at the track. Power-to-Weight ratio is key.

Also, Look for a single hairdryer soon as well ;-)
Power to wieght ratio is key which is true but if im not mistaken the goat is heavier than the cobra by a 100 give or take a bit and that s/c is only going to add more weight. Oh well ill still take a cobra over the grand pix:loser:

Goaheadrev

Established Member
Yeah looks just like a grand prix. You would think they would change the body aleast a little bit. But im going to stick with the cobra.

Juniorss

Established Member
Let me start off by saying that if my dad wasn't a GM guy i would really consider a Cobra because I know of it's capability. Now the GTO is probably the car im going to get in 2005. This years GTO is very plain but next year its going to get alot better. It's getting the Ls2 with 400 hp and 395 lbs of torque. and is getting a new hood and rear bumper. Here are some pics
Movie_car_front.JPG

That bumper is the racing bumper from Australia and is NOT going to be on the car

Movie_car_rear_bumper_2.JPG

The spoiler appears higher then it actually is.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
/rant on

Wow, so now it looks like a Grand Prix with a body kit. COOL!! It just totally looks like the older GTO. (Don’t get to excited, that was sarcasm)

I mean, most cars throughout the year keep the same visual appearances, just in different form. This car in no way reminds me of a GTO, which is why I think it's a disgrace to the name. Why not just give it a new name and let the GTO RIP, not turn it into something that looks like a woman would be driving the kids around in or picking up the groceries.

/rant off

I have respect for the power it has, I just don’t think it’s a GTO.

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Son of a B***H! I was just about to post that info on the 05 GTO.

=/

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by WireEater

I have respect for the power it has, I just don’t think it’s a GTO.

Totally agree. That car wasn't born a GTO, it shouldn't be re-badged as one.

Juniorss

Established Member
I somewhat agree that it shouldn't have the name. But if it looked like an old GTO i would just go out and get an old one. Just like the new mustangs. if i wanted an older one id go out and buy one. Thats a reason i dont like the new Mustang eventhough it overcourse is more powerful. But then again they also have a car named as GTO in Australia so go figure:shrug:

Last edited:

Cobras_Rule

The Terminator Rules
Established Member
That car was on that stupid made for tv movie: The Last Ride. Which was fluck!ng stupid. Especialy the ending. And that car looks like crap btw! Looks like a GTO that the import crowd got a hold of.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Originally posted by Cobras_Rule
That car was on that stupid made for tv movie: The Last Ride. Which was fluck!ng stupid. Especialy the ending. And that car looks like crap btw! Looks like a GTO that the import crowd got a hold of.

Ditto that!

That was the biggest waste of 2 hours since torque, oh wait they were made by the same assclown director, this guy need to just give it up he sucks, fast & furious, XXX, Torque, and that 2 hour pontiac comercial, what a joke. When is the last time you saw pontiac gran am cop cars, and all the cop cars they crashed were Fords. And the imports were just the same cars in fast and furious 1 & 2 just re riced.

Juniorss

Established Member
Originally posted by 1 bad bullitt
Ditto that!

That was the biggest waste of 2 hours since torque, oh wait they were made by the same assclown director, this guy need to just give it up he sucks, fast & furious, XXX, Torque, and that 2 hour pontiac comercial, what a joke. When is the last time you saw pontiac gran am cop cars, and all the cop cars they crashed were Fords. And the imports were just the same cars in fast and furious 1 & 2 just re riced.

OK lets see this movie wasn't suppose to be an award winning movie. It was a lot more of advertising for GM. I dont see ford doing this for any of there cars. Im not here to argue if the GTO is better or not but a few of you seem to think that ford is better of a company then GM and diss other GM cars. Lets just say that looks doesn't mean eveything and that its about time they updated the Mustangs chasis instead of using a fox body chasis. Oh and if you will go pick up and issue of road and track in which the Cobra's shifter came off in the guys hand with less then 1,000 miles on the car. I say thats pretty poor quality

Cobras_Rule

The Terminator Rules
Established Member
If Ford ever made a lame ass movie like that and riced out a Cobra or Ford GT I would lose all respect for them. I understand that the show did not have to be award winning but it should at least be entertaining!

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by unit213
You watched one race and now you know everything about the LS1. Congrats. Good luck. You're going to need it. :beer:

...and the magnuson blower sucks.

2 races:nonono: i never said i knew everything about the ls1,i even gave it props saying it can be made to be fast just don't think slapping on a 5-6lb supercharger kit is the way to go unless one upgrades the internals some and drops the compression down as well to be able to run more boost which would make it more of a bargain investment.let em stick a magnuson on the gto but when it comes across a modded pullied and chipped cobra they will get shown to them what a blower with real boost can do:rockon:

COBRA32

Established Member
I have 6000 miles on my Cobra and my shifter has not come off yet. Anyways ROAD & TRACK can not shift a manual car correctly, just look at their times; if they are yanking shifters out of Cobra's they got some very strong guys. The Shifters are pretty much impossible to yank out since two big bolts hold it in there. Since the GTO uses the same transmission as the Cobra it would have the same problem, they do uses the same transmission do they not, correct me if I'm wrong. We got nothing to worry about The GTO is fatter than the Cobra will have the same wheel hop problem when lanching all that weight with all that horsepower which will mean suckey 60 foot times.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Originally posted by Juniorss
OK lets see this movie wasn't suppose to be an award winning movie. It was a lot more of advertising for GM. I dont see ford doing this for any of there cars. Im not here to argue if the GTO is better or not but a few of you seem to think that ford is better of a company then GM and diss other GM cars. Lets just say that looks doesn't mean eveything and that its about time they updated the Mustangs chasis instead of using a fox body chasis. Oh and if you will go pick up and issue of road and track in which the Cobra's shifter came off in the guys hand with less then 1,000 miles on the car. I say thats pretty poor quality

You diss on his favorite movie and he gets all mad.

Oh no! He hears about a shifter coming off ONE COBRA, which was probably due to the users handeling and thinks they are cheaply made POS. Ford just better recall all these horrible, crappy Cobras before someone else ripps the shifter out of the car.

Considering ALL the Cobra owners on this site, I have yet to hear this happen to someone. Maybe if they didn't ride those stick shifts up their asses before they test drove them, it wouldn't have broke.

The reason Ford hasn't made a movie with the Cobra or whatever be it, is because they didn't make a piece of crap that can't sell. They don't need to advertise because they do fine without any. When you dedicate a whole movie to trying to sell a car, it's sad. That movie definatly wasn't made for the story, because it sucked.
:beer:

Last edited:

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
So LS1s need internals now to handle 5-6psi? lol. There's guys pushing 8 on stock bottom end LS1s and they arent having a problem (yet...). Im not saying its the brightest thing either slapping a blower onto an LS1 or LS6, but its another way to make power even if the boost levels arent anything astronomical like the Cobra can take.

And i'd hope to god a modded pullied and chipped Cobra would wax a GTO. Its got the capability of having 400+rwhp w/ just a slight tune. The GTO wont come anywhere near that.

Juniorss

Established Member
Originally posted by WireEater
You diss on his favorite movie and he gets all mad.

Oh no! He hears about a shifter coming off ONE COBRA, which was probably due to the users handeling and thinks they are cheaply made POS. Ford just better recall all these horrible, crappy Cobras before someone else ripps the shifter out of the car.

Considering ALL the Cobra owners on this site, I have yet to hear this happen to someone. Maybe if they didn't ride those stick shifts up their asses before they test drove them, it wouldn't have broke.

The reason Ford hasn't made a movie with the Cobra or whatever be it, is because they didn't make a piece of crap that can't sell. They don't need to advertise because they do fine without any. When you dedicate a whole movie to trying to sell a car, it's sad. That movie definatly wasn't made for the story, because it sucked.
:beer:

Um first off its not my favorite movie and second it wasn't a riced GTO. Do you understand what rice means anymore??? It's a car that someone makes look fast but has nothing to back it up. I could say a Lightning is rice because of the lights on it but i don't. And second off if you call it rice, what makes it rice?? The front racing bumper. Lets see thats an actually bumper made by Holden to go on their racing cars.

Also FORD does have cars that don't sell well such as the marauder(i know it isn't a car with a ford symbol on it but it's made by the ford company). My cousin use to have two but now has one. There nice cars but a v6 accord could take them which is just sad. And do you understand that a movie takes more then a few months to make??? So obviously it was made before they even know it wasn't going to sell well.

Now i wasn't dissing the Cobras, I acutally have respect for them. But i don't want a Mustang bc every kid at school has one. O and if you want me to tell you some more quality issues on the Mustangs i can go on but as I said i have respect for them so im not going to.

Neal

Untouchable
Established Member
lingenfelter has a GTO too. but I think it's just a normal tuned engine.

and it's still ugly.

*edit*

Lingenfelter Pontiac GTO 350 CID package - 2004

450 Horsepower
395 lbs ft of torque

Package includes:

LPE CNC cylinder head porting and polishing
2.02" / 1.57" stainless one piece valves
Competition Cams dual valve springs, titanium retainers
Three angle valve job, set spring heights, assemble heads
Port matching of intake manifold
Ported & polished throttle body