Rut Row Raggy!... SC'ed GTO

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by Juniorss
Do you understand what rice means anymore??? It's a car that someone makes look fast but has nothing to back it up. I could say a Lightning is rice because of the lights on it but i don't. And second off if you call it rice, what makes it rice??

At this point rice can be defined as anything that is not the car you are currently driving. :p

Buymeavette

Established Member
Originally posted by 2814v
Look's good, how long before they blow up. With 10.5 to 1, they better have a awfully good tune and low boost.

its only 10:1 compression 10.5:1 is the LS6 motor. The only car out there with an LS6 is the Zo6 or the new Caddy.

regardless i rather see one of these with a heads/cam setup possibly stroket motor. works better with the high compression, just add spray and you will help the lower part of the power curve. :coolman:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Um first off its not my favorite movie and second it wasn't a riced GTO. Do you understand what rice means anymore??? It's a car that someone makes look fast but has nothing to back it up. I could say a Lightning is rice because of the lights on it but i don't. And second off if you call it rice, what makes it rice?? The front racing bumper. Lets see thats an actually bumper made by Holden to go on their racing cars.

Also FORD does have cars that don't sell well such as the marauder(i know it isn't a car with a ford symbol on it but it's made by the ford company). My cousin use to have two but now has one. There nice cars but a v6 accord could take them which is just sad. And do you understand that a movie takes more then a few months to make??? So obviously it was made before they even know it wasn't going to sell well.

Now i wasn't dissing the Cobras, I acutally have respect for them. But i don't want a Mustang bc every kid at school has one. O and if you want me to tell you some more quality issues on the Mustangs i can go on but as I said i have respect for them so im not going to.

Where did this rice shit come from? I didn't even mention anything about rice. I said it looks like the same car with a bodykit. Which doesn't really make it any different as people were stating about the "ALL NEW 2005 GTO". Step away from the crack pipe.

I didn't say all of FORDS cars were #1 sellers, what I said was they don't push them in movies to sell them because they aren't that desperate. Which was a responce to "I dont see ford doing this for any of there cars"

I am not raggin on the GTO either. What I have been saying is, it definatly was a disapointment. They attempted to bring back a legend but failed. They just designed the whole dam car from shit they already have made. Does the car even use it's own chasis? I am basing this off my opinions, I am not cutting down anyone who owns them.

Either way, I am not sucking their dick just because it carries the GTO name. It's awful looking and the only good thing it has going is the engine that's going to be put in it for 2005.

Last edited:

Juniorss

Established Member
Thats true WireEater.. everyone is entitled to their opinion on the car. I was just trying to say that it's suppose to be a new age GTO. O and the rice stuff wasn't suppose to be directed at you i was just saying it in general after reading a few people's posts. I guess that was a little confusing.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Thats true WireEater.. everyone is entitled to their opinion on the car. I was just trying to say that it's suppose to be a new age GTO. O and the rice stuff wasn't suppose to be directed at you i was just saying it in general after reading a few people's posts. I guess that was a little confusing.

:beer:

Buymeavette

Established Member
Originally posted by Bill Reid
Yup... 5-6 psi is all its gonna be. Probably 460-475 rwhp on the 6spds... bit less with the A4's. You can get away with 7psi... but longevity could be an issue. No doubt the Cobra may still have the upper hand but it WILL be intersting to see what these blown goats do at the track. Power-to-Weight ratio is key.

Also, Look for a single hairdryer soon as well ;-)

9 pounds on a reg. manguson charger and 12 with the intercooler kit. i wonder if you have buy a new hood for this charger like the vette guys do??

Juniorss

Established Member
Originally posted by Buymeavette
9 pounds on a reg. manguson charger and 12 with the intercooler kit. i wonder if you have buy a new hood for this charger like the vette guys do??

IT fits under the stock hood and strut tower brace.

O and WireEater, im 99% positive that the chasis is the same as the monaro's :beer:

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
since when did the lightning turn rice? it comes with those tail lights from the factory so its not rice. the GTO is ok but for the same money you spend on the GTO making 490hp you can be pushing over 500 with the cobra. and the weight thing will make your GTO slower than the cobra. i wouldnt mind seeing the cobra, mach1, ford GT, marauder, and lightning in a movie from ford. and all the cop cars that cant catch them can be caprices :lol1:. you do know the marauder is way more heavy than a v6 accord.

Buymeavette

Established Member

O and WireEater, im 99% positive that the chasis is the same as the monaro's :beer:

the chasis is a holden chasis, which is pretty cool too because it can be made into whatever you want. wagon.. 4 door... or truck. its pretty cool, i can see why gm brought it over. in the middle east you can get a caprice still and a lumina ss. both with LS1 engines.... pretty sweet deal.

erik

Buymeavette

Established Member

the chasis is a holden chasis, which is pretty cool too because it can be made into whatever you want. wagon.. 4 door... or truck. its pretty cool, i can see why gm brought it over. in the middle east you can get a caprice still and a lumina ss. both with LS1 engines.... pretty sweet deal.

erik

Users who are viewing this thread