S1 Sequential for T56

Jmurrz

Established Member
Just got my first response back... not great news. "Production is happening, just not as quick as I would like" "The first Version will not suit the ford gearbox but it is on the lest to do when there is time"

SlowSVT

Established Member
Imagine a lazy cruise around town in 5th gear and every time you come to a stop light you will need to downshift thru all 5 gears before getting it to neutral (you can see the driver doing this at the end of the video). Your tranny, clutch and TOB are going to be very busy adding a sequential shifter.

Jmurrz

Established Member
Imagine a lazy cruise around town in 5th gear and every time you come to a stop light you will need to downshift thru all 5 gears before getting it to neutral (you can see the driver doing this at the end of the video). Your tranny, clutch and TOB are going to be very busy adding a sequential shifter.

I can see for some people that may be a pain, but I like to use engine breaking anyway. My car sounds really good on decel and rev match down-shifting makes me smile. Plus I would imagine even if you just clutched in and rolled to a stop, pressing forward on the shifter 4 times would not be super tedious.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I can see for some people that may be a pain, but I like to use engine breaking anyway. My car sounds really good on decel and rev match down-shifting makes me smile. Plus I would imagine even if you just clutched in and rolled to a stop, pressing forward on the shifter 4 times would not be super tedious.

I give it less then 10 minutes before you regret installing this shifter

bubblehead93

Established Member
and with the price tag it comes with, it will be a lot of regret... I think if you built a dog ring 1st through 4th gear t-56 with drag racing in mind, then this would be a great shifter... however when you add up the cost of the tranny plus shifter then you are in the same price range as a 5 speed clutchless G-Force setup. Though G-Force rates them about the same, my money would be on the GF5R... the only benefit is not having to hack the tunnel to fil the vertical gate shifter on the GF5R......

r/
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread