Red/BLUE -----------------------------→ Red/BLUE

Rear Vertical Motor:

Yellow/GREEN -------------------------→ Yellowish White/GREEN
Red/GREEN------------------------------→Red/GREEN

SEAT POWER:

LARGE SOLID GREEN-------------------------------→ LARGE SOLID GREEN
LARGE SOLID BLACK(Ground) ---------------------→ LARGE SOLID BLACK

Lumbar Power:

Small Green (Discard) -----------------→ Pink & Brown, leave alone, powered by GREEN

Seat Belt Indicator:

(2)Small Black (Leave alone) ------------→Black/BLUE & Small Green (Discard)

If you can use a SN95 donor seat assembly, then you don't need to modify the track at all. You can cut the Male end of the SN95 pigtail off and splice it into the S197 wiring that way it plugs right into the SN95 track. Otherwise you have to hardwire them (not recommended in case you ever want to disassemble) or use your own pigtails from something else, which would force you to splice into the SN95 track side wiring as well.

No front spacers are necessary for the driver side if it is power tracks, but it will need around 5/8" in the back, a 3/4" course-threaded nut is the perfect thickness.

The passenger side needs 1" spacers for the manual track, a 3/4" course-threaded nut again with about SIX 5/16" fender washers works out to be 1 inch exactly.

Drilling the holes into the SN95 seat frame will pretty much only work in one location to get them centered and a little forward, the tracks mount at 14 x 14 inches.

If you are using the SN95 Seat belt, then you don't have to do any wiring at all to that portion. Just for reference, on the SN197 seat, the small black and green wire are for the seat belt indicator and air bag cutoff for when the seat it too far forward close to the steering wheel.

Last edited:

kdillard21

Established Member
Thank me later!

Some pics for visualization...

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

Last edited:

Matt94GT

Established Member
Has anyone looked at gettin the rear SN197 seats to fit?! Really want to try a full swap in my 94.

SVTContique

I doubt the rears would fit at all. the fuel pump is under the Sn197 seats, not like ours. Its probably all different.

I wanna get a good recaro seat this summer.

cobralvr01

Established Member
Thanks for the idea! I'm picking up s197 black cloth seats up this weekend for $300. The leather looks great, but leather in Phoenix during the summer is absolutely brutal and doesn't breathe at all. I hate getting out of my car and having a sweat-soaked t-shirt along my back. My wife is very happy about it because she wears only sundresses and shorts. The leather burns her up pretty bad to where she won't get in the car during the summer.

cobralvr01

Established Member
What all is included in making these brackets? Pics? I've read some write-ups where there is a custom fab'd bracket, but OP states only spacers were added.

cobralvr01

Established Member
How much would you sell them for and what kind of steel would you be using?

Last edited:

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
I don't mean to threadjack, but has anyone done this with S550 seats? Is it the same process?

Users who are viewing this thread