S197 Seats + SN95 Cobra = Sexy!

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Can you make a write-up of how to wire the seats correctly. I am sure many people are interested in this.

venomous99

Established Member
the summit seats look good but do not last long as theyre made of vinyl. the bolsters and high friction areas will wear out and ull be left with a ugly black seat w/ vinyl wear showing.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
DAM !!! those look ALOT better what i thought !!!!

congrats they great !

i bet a set of 2010-2011 GT500 seats would be the freaking tits then :D

mackj66

Established Member
the summit seats look good but do not last long as theyre made of vinyl. the bolsters and high friction areas will wear out and ull be left with a ugly black seat w/ vinyl wear showing.

Not if you only put 1500 miles a year on your ride. ;-)

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
thats so sick looking. I'm tired of flying into my door every time I hit a corner, but sense its my DD i don't wan't to put in race seats either. I'm looking at mach 1 seats, but I wonder if these hold you in place just as good

94vkid09

need help

I signed up when I saw the post through a google search does anyone have any info on this swap that they would share like the wiring and pics maybe

thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Honestly it's perfect. The texture is slightly different, but it would be with just about any aftermarket seat you buy as well so who cares, LOL!

The color did look pretty darn close looking at the photos. As far as the texture being slightly different, I'll bet nobody even notices. They really look awesome. :thumbsup:

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
I just picked up a custom done set of seats from a S197 with major bolster that I want to stick in my mach 1. I'll update here if I find the wiring info as well

kdillard21

Established Member
I just did the wiring. I will post later more in depth, but general gist is that the wires from both seats generations are the same colors to functions. FORWARD, REVERSE, FRONT UP/DOWN, BACK UP/DOWN. The only difference is that the SN95 Small green wire was for the lumbar compressor, but the S197 lumbar compressor gets its power from the main large green wire. No need to rewire seat belts indicator chime since you should be using the SN95 belt on the frame already anyway.

Like I said I will post it up later. The spacers and hole spacing is actually harder....

Users who are viewing this thread