S2000 vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
if he's on good drag radials and hooks decently he could easily break that time. he has the power. and enough torque...the car aint that heavy so it doesnt need alot of torque. just gear and once its moving, the hp will take it all the way

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Sideways said:
How can you guarantee I'll get two runs? Last time they kicked me out after one pass and kept the time slip. :dw: I won't be there.

Do you even own the car? What do you got to lose?

Backing up:loser:

:cryying:

All talk:bored:

Klay

Established Member
Sideways said:
How can you guarantee I'll get two runs? Last time they kicked me out after one pass and kept the time slip. :dw: I won't be there.

Well I actually can understand your point here about why go somewhere that will more than likely kick you out. I don't want to speak for anyone but maybe you can go down there and if they do indeed kick you out, than dgussin can pay for you cost of entry. That way you don't really lose anything (well besides some gas) and you guys can at least get one run against each other.

eci

Banned
I've read this whole thread and have determined that the s2000 is a girls car and a flaming heap of shit. Who the **** wants to drive a car you have to keep at 8000 RPMS to have 250lbs of torque? LOL!

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Sideways said:
May I quote you? Even when I don't understand you?

I always thought all that torque was for horse trailers. :shrug: It didn't help the Shelby GT 500 that was picking on me.

If you don't understand here

At idle, the motor in my car produces more twisting force than your car at 8,000 rpm. Now this ofcourse is not true, it was simply an overexageration to demonstrate your cars INCREDIBLE lack of torque. Torque is something we value here, ofcourse you would argue it is useless because that would get you yet more attention.

Did your mommy give you a nice cookie and a kiss on the forehead when you won that race. Damn you are a great man. After your death, a statue will be constructed.

Go to the track and film it or shut up.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
There will be 2 cameras at the track tomorrow (mine included), but I really doubt any S2K's will be there.

Much appreciated, I await the results.

The clucking has started, someone is chickening out.

Sage

Established Member
You guys are killing me.

For starters, Sideways NEVER said anything about S2000's being faster. This thread was started because he raced a GT500 and you guys got your panties all up in a bunch. He also said from the beginning that he's not going to drive an hour to a race track only to get kicked out but anyones welcome to come down to Crystal Cove. You guys hit him up. Go to where he's at!

It's almost pointless because it doesn't make a difference anyways. A GT500, even with a couple mods to it, isn't going to beat him. Neither is a Saleen S281. We're not talking about a S2000 vs a GT500, this thread was started because it was about Sideways S2000 vs a GT500. What's even worse is that this is my opinion, a former Mustang owner. I've owned 5 mustangs, including a Turbo 331 Couple which was far faster than my Vette. I also never have owned an S2000 but I've seen that car myself.

If you guys think he's full of crap, go down there and prove it. He gets called out on a bunch of boards, he's not going to drive an hour to prove himself on a Mustang board. And don't even give me this "bring it to the track crap". You know damn well if you were on an open road that's wide and nobody's around, and someone with a fast car got next to you, hell yeah you're going to race.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Klay said:
Well I actually can understand your point here about why go somewhere that will more than likely kick you out. I don't want to speak for anyone but maybe you can go down there and if they do indeed kick you out, than dgussin can pay for you cost of entry. That way you don't really lose anything (well besides some gas) and you guys can at least get one run against each other.
why the **** would I pay for this guy to go racing?

TEABG

Banned
Sage said:
You guys are killing me.

For starters, Sideways NEVER said anything about S2000's being faster. This thread was started because he raced a GT500 and you guys got your panties all up in a bunch. He also said from the beginning that he's not going to drive an hour to a race track only to get kicked out but anyones welcome to come down to Crystal Cove. You guys hit him up. Go to where he's at!

It's almost pointless because it doesn't make a difference anyways. A GT500, even with a couple mods to it, isn't going to beat him. Neither is a Saleen S281. We're not talking about a S2000 vs a GT500, this thread was started because it was about Sideways S2000 vs a GT500. What's even worse is that this is my opinion, a former Mustang owner. I've owned 5 mustangs, including a Turbo 331 Couple which was far faster than my Vette. I also never have owned an S2000 but I've seen that car myself.

If you guys think he's full of crap, go down there and prove it. He gets called out on a bunch of boards, he's not going to drive an hour to prove himself on a Mustang board. And don't even give me this "bring it to the track crap". You know damn well if you were on an open road that's wide and nobody's around, and someone with a fast car got next to you, hell yeah you're going to race.

My friend is name Sage, she HOT! Sage is a girl's name FYI. If you read my post I said my Whipple Cobra not Saleen Extreme! Reiterate JEEZ... From the video of dgussin1 at Irwindale yesterday, I can say he would take me. www.discounttiredirect delivered my tires Nitto 315 555R today. After my 10 anniversary wheels arrive I will Teabag your Z06 and Donkey Punch the S2000 back to back at HOMO COVE! We should accommodate the S2000 WTF?? SVTPERFORMANCE BOARD MOFO........

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
teabg, just an fyi racing starts at 8am...if you want to post up good times, arrive around then. I am leaving pasadena around 7:30-8.

Almo

Established Member
Sage said:
You guys are killing me.

The same with some of you guys... you're killing some of us with all the nut hanging crew hanging on this S2000 making it out like it's a 9 sec car. For some of us, an 11 sec car isn't very fast any longer! And you might need to double check how the post was started.

Started by an S2000 owner and placed on a Mustang site. Give us a freaking break! :rollseyes

Not to mention some of us didn't say the car wasn't quick... and I for one don't think it would be quick from a dig. From a roll in boost with the weight, it's going to be quick, any freaking car with a little HP can show that on the street. So yes, "TAKE IT TO THE TRACK CRAP" comes to mind to show a real freaking MPH so most will know then what he is pushing to the wheels.

If I was one being called out a bit, I think I would at least be quick to share and back up what I had. You guys are the ones who stated he would take a challenge from anyone and even let that person know exactly what he had. So why not give up track numbers? Or did I miss them? Or is someone not able to drive well enough to show a good track number and might be a little embarrassed with what it runs at the track?

Lastly, some of you bring this crap over to this site, shoving it on us through your posts as if to gain respect for it. Not saying this car isn't quick on the street, but some post as if we all should bend down and give this car respect. Got news for you, (reiterating) some of us don’t think 10 sec 1/4 mile car is fast any longer. 9 seems to be the benchmark for street cars these days and an 11 sec car (no matter what it might be) is just another quick street car and isn't going to turn many heads, especially here!

And I still doubt his numbers from what his graph is stating! :dw:

By the way, I say it isn't that quick because I can see about where and how an S2000 could pull on the street with 380 or 390 to the wheels, having ran one with 340 to the wheels. The graph posted has too many things in question. And yes I think if the graph stating Flywheel, the numbers I posted above 380 to 390 are closer to what he has. And until he hits a dynojet and gets some good RWHP numbers, I for one certainly don't think he would even make an 11 sec pass. And a 12 sec car just isn't all that these days.

Last edited:

Sage

Established Member
You may very well be right. Maybe he's not that quick but I want to see someone prove this wrong or right. I mean, he's down there at Crystal Cove almost every week!

Btw, Sage means "wise man" you dumb@ss. It's also used to describe a wizard, a bird and plantlife. And a 575 rwhp in a Saleen Convertable isn't enough to take me out so don't start this crap with your car and mine. This whole post is not about, again I repeat NOT ABOUT S2000's, but about SIDEWAY's S2000 vs a GT500.

Stay on track here. Again: IMO, a GT500 stock or slightly modified WILL NOT BEAT Sideways S2000. Somebody, anybody, prove me wrong.

JD_Z28

Established Member
If sideways and some of the other guys on the board are down to meet half way tomorrow i'm willing to run this S2000 :beer:

Last edited:

Sage

Established Member
JD_Z28 said:
If sideways and some of the other guys on the board are down to meet half way tomorrow i'm willing to run this S2000 :beer:

John, is that you? I heard you got that car running again...

Klay

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
why the **** would I pay for this guy to go racing?

You misunderstood my post. You stated that he won't get booted out of the track for not having a cage, at least not right away. So I just made a suggestion that if he did you could pay his entry in so he doesn't have anything to lose and no excuses not to go. If you are correct that he won't get kicked out on the first pass than you got nothing to worry about (as far as paying for his entry).

Personally, I don't have a problem with people drag racing illegaly in the streets. However, how is either of the guys who said they would race sideways chickening out because they won't race illegaly? It makes little sense for them to go out of their way to go race on the streets and possibly get in trouble when everyone can just go to a track and do it without worrying about losing their car and huge fines. It's one thing to be challenged to race when you are already driving around, it's another to go out of your way to go race someone on the streets illegaly.

Sounds like sideways is SCARED to go to the track and race an actual race (from a dig).

Sideways

Faster than you.
Established Member
Klay said:
Sounds like sideways is SCARED to go to the track and race an actual race (from a dig).
:sleeping:

dgussin1 said:
I didn't know we raced thrust. lol Listen to yourself. Does your car go 0-175 in 5 seconds?
I'm sorry for bringing out your wanton misunderstanding of physics. :rolleyes:

Almo

Established Member
Sage said:
You may very well be right. Maybe he's not that quick but I want to see someone prove this wrong or right. I mean, he's down there at Crystal Cove almost every week!

So what does the car run? Or is this just a hang-out spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread