Sad news in the termi world (2.65" upper, 8 lb lower 23psi Eaton)

CT_SVT

Banned
So I decided to take a long cruise in my car before an upcoming snowstorm to get the fluids going. Was really sweet ride. When I got there, the boys there really enjoyed my car. They offered me a really sweet deal to do a couple of dyno pulls since their business has been slow.
I was curious what the car was going to have for power with a 2.65" upper and 8 lbs lower on the stock eaton with 93 octane for fuel.
So in the middle of the first pull there was a really bad noise. Dyno sheet showed it made 23 psi. It didn't run after that. I don't know what the damage is but spark plugs 7 & 8 are demolished.
I had to get the car towed back to Groton, CT. Turned out to be an expensive cruise and I'm left clueless.
Please help!!

Last edited:

z06h8tr

Established Member
are you kidding me!?!?!?!?!?!? none ported eaton, actually eaton period, with a 2.65 and 8# lower and you thought it was going last, wow you definitely deserved that one. next time do some research before you mod your car

20-COBRA-03

Banned
So I decided to take a long cruise in my car before an upcoming snowstorm to get the fluids going. I've heard a lot about EFI Logics on this site over in Bethel, CT. Was really sweet ride. When I got there, the boys there really enjoyed my car. They offered me a really sweet deal to do a couple of dyno pulls since their business has been slow.
I was curious what the car was going to have for power with a 2.65" upper and 8 lbs lower on the stock eaton with 93 octane for fuel.
So in the middle of the first pull there was a really bad noise. Dyno sheet showed it made 23 psi. It didn't run after that. I don't know what the damage is but spark plugs 7 & 8 are demolished.
I had to get the car towed back to Groton, CT. Turned out to be an expensive cruise and I'm left clueless.
Please help!!

ouch, i'm sorry to hear bud:( Those people at EFI are a bunch of dicks

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
^damn, rough first response.

Sucks to hear dude, but that is really over spinning that eaton from what i've read. Hope it all works out for you. I'm rebuilding my engine after the piston kissed the sidewall so i feel your pain.

Jeremy

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
are you kidding me!?!?!?!?!?!? none ported eaton, actually eaton period, with a 2.65 and 8# lower and you thought it was going last, wow you definitely deserved that one. next time do some research before you mod your car

Wow, is everyone a dick in Germany or just you?

Sorry to hear about your car, wish I could help. Good luck.

TitanSvt

Rico Collazo
Established Member

ouch! doggy got some sharp teeth with in that bite

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
might be sad news in the 'termi' world but in the world of the SVT TERMINATORS it is pretty insignificant

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
You should really do your research when it comes to these cars, or any car period. The pulley combo you mentioned is outrageous, I've never seen anyone run that before.

KILRSVT

Established Member
That sucks bro.... 20+ psi is a lot out of an eaton .... Good luck with your engine build hope you find your solution

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your car.

Like others have already said it was a ticking time bomb. I did a lot of research before I did anything to my car. Ported eaton with 2.76 upper and 4lb lower is about the limit from what I've read.

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
I just spent $2400 after the discount on my rebuild, this included new pistons. All of it was purchased through MMR. You might be able to get away with a little less in some cases.

SVTPete83

Established Member
23 psi for an eaton is pretty wild! Sorry to hear about your motor. It sucks to learn lesson like that the hard way

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
How much am I looking at for a repair? And what do you Guys think was the culprit?

There is no possible way to determine that based on what you've told us.

I have to ask...was your car tuned? Why do I get the feeling that you slapped on that pulley combo and didn't even try to have it tuned. Did you have the necessary supporting fuel mods?

Spoolx

Established Member
Saying you wanted to see what it would do with those mods leaves me to believe that you never had it tuned after installing those mods which explains why the car blew up..

I would think pistons #7 and #8 have come apart.

Users who are viewing this thread