Saleen Parnelli Jones edition

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
Whadda you think?
Only 400HP but with the big brake and handling package and the advertised weight is only 3,300Lbs.:idea:
Not interested in drag racing and I have enough track experience to make this thing move but how will it stand up to the heavyweght GT 500?:shrug:

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
Pricey at $60K. It should compare to the Roush R427. I would not be surprised if it handles better and is quicker off the line. I find it a lot better looking also.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
1 BULLITT said:
Pricey at $60K. It should compare to the Roush R427. I would not be surprised if it handles better and is quicker off the line. I find it a lot better looking also.
I obviously have not driven a Parnelli Jones Saleen so I can not say anything about how fast it is or how it handles. But, I have driven a Roush Stage 3! If that car handles better than my Roush, it is one hell of a car! Looks are subjective. I like em both!:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Roger Davis said:
Whadda you think?
Only 400HP but with the big brake and handling package and the advertised weight is only 3,300Lbs.:idea:
Not interested in drag racing and I have enough track experience to make this thing move but how will it stand up to the heavyweght GT 500?:shrug:

Roger:

If the 400 hp is crank, you're going to be down quite a bit on a GT500. A GT500 with a tune only puts down approximately 480 RWHP. But it comes at a cost of 3,800#. So you're going to be 500# lighter and that's nothing to sneeze at! :idea:

I would think the 400 hp number would be fairly maxed out for that motor? :shrug:

It sure would be an interesting showdown between the two?!?! If I go to The Glen next year it would be pretty hard to convince me that I have to bring the Shelby!?!? ;-) :poke:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Kenardo

Established Member
The 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones Limited Editon Mustang is everthing Ford should have offered. Next best car made in North America to the Ford GT. Hey wait a minute, didn't Saleen make that one too ??? Nice that someone is out there who can see the true potential of the 2007 Mustang. AND only 500 of them. Parnelli Jones Rocks. Hats off to Steve Saleen !!! You THE MAN.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Kenardo said:
The 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones Limited Editon Mustang is everthing Ford should have offered. Next best car made in North America to the Ford GT. Hey wait a minute, didn't Saleen make that one too ??? Nice that someone is out there who can see the true potential of the 2007 Mustang. AND only 500 of them. Parnelli Jones Rocks. Hats off to Steve Saleen !!! You THE MAN.

agreed that parnilly jones rocks! but you have a much higher admiration for saleen than i do. i think he is a farce. take a mustang add plastic raise the price and rename the car. nice! that goes for the steeda, and roush as well. cool you built the s7 a very fast rc car. does anyone use alloy in automobiles anymore?

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
agreed that parnilly jones rocks! but you have a much higher admiration for saleen than i do. i think he is a farce. take a mustang add plastic raise the price and rename the car. nice! that goes for the steeda, and roush as well. cool you built the s7 a very fast rc car. does anyone use alloy in automobiles anymore?

You must dislike shelby back in the day as well because he did and is doing the same exact thing saleen does. The same exact.
Both have raced cars, built cars, and both come with Ford warranty.
Some day say 50 years from now, current saleens will be worth alot just like old shelbys are today.
I still dont care for saleen mustangs though. I like svt's products much better!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
chuckstang said:
You must dislike shelby back in the day as well because he did and is doing the same exact thing saleen does. The same exact.
Both have raced cars, built cars, and both come with Ford warranty.
Some day say 50 years from now, current saleens will be worth alot just like old shelbys are today.
I still dont care for saleen mustangs though. I like svt's products much better!

i dont remember any plastic body components added to the 65, 66, 67 mustangs modified by shelby. shelby was more impressed by performance than looks i guess. :idea:

in truth i admire shelby for building the shelby cobra. taking a small british chasis and throwing in a big block was genious. oh yea they won a lot of races back then too!

FASN8N

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i dont remember any plastic body components added to the 65, 66, 67 mustangs modified by shelby. shelby was more impressed by performance than looks i guess. :idea:

They didn't use plastic for styling back then, they used fiberglass for everything. Shelby used fiberglass for the R model front apron, hood, interior rear package tray, etc.

I think the Saleen is a great car and the 84-98 models should hold their value down the road, especially the SC, SSC, SA-10, S-351, and Saleen Cobra models . The 99+ cars are a dime a dozen and suffered from numerous fit and finish problems.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
FASN8N said:
They didn't use plastic for styling back then, they used fiberglass for everything. Shelby used fiberglass for the R model front apron, hood, interior rear package tray, etc.

I think the Saleen is a great car and the 84-98 models should hold their value down the road, especially the SC, SSC, SA-10, S-351, and Saleen Cobra models . The 99+ cars are a dime a dozen and suffered from numerous fit and finish problems.

fiberglass looks better than plastic. saleen cars have never looked good in my eye.

03SBSVT

Banned
Kenardo said:
you need to research some more, saleen might have some nice products, but the parnelli jones edition is nothing more than an overhyped GT with a blower and suspension. and there customer service sucks!

chuckstang

Established Member
03SBSVT said:
you need to research some more, saleen might have some nice products, but the parnelli jones edition is nothing more than an overhyped GT with a blower and suspension. and there customer service sucks!
:lol:
man that is too funny, the parnelli jones saleen does not have a blower LOL
:read:

speedster901

Banned
You have obviously not seen all saleen has to offer, where do you think ford got the idea for the 03 supercharged Cobra, saleen had been doing it for a while, and why do you think so many other manufacturers are making supercharged models with plastic stuff on them , because they sell.

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
I really like the Saleen PJ edition the only thing that would make it better would be to yank out that Mod Moder and replace it with a 351 Dart or World products 408 stroker.:lol: :lol: :lol: carburated of course.:rockon:

Svt Pilot

Established Member
speedster901 said:
You have obviously not seen all saleen has to offer, where do you think ford got the idea for the 03 supercharged

They supercharged the 03 because of the success they had with the Eaton on the Lightning F-150s. And it was the easiest way to make power rather then design a new motor, slap a blower on it and theres 100hp instantly.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I thought the Saleen Parnelli Jones edition was a 5.0(302) naturally aspirated motor. And Saleen helps Ford out alot..and visa versa. The Supercar Ford GT was a big effort from Saleen with Ford also. Its a nice looking tribute car that I am sure is very well done. I like them all and wish I could own them all at the same time.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
03SBSVT said:

You should do YOUR research... :loser:

N/A 302 modular

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Today’s Saleen / Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Mustang reflects the same authentic vintage attitude but comes complete with a new Saleen 302 cid V-8, 3-valve engine. This engine produces a whopping 400 horsepower at 6000 RPM, and with 390 ft-lb of torque at 4000 RPM. The high compression engine transforms a normal drive into an exciting thrill ride. Awakening the senses, the new Saleen engine is equipped with a high compression, high revving valve train, utilizing forged pistons, rods, and crankshaft and a lightweight, aluminum flywheel. Top-performance calibrations are thanks to Saleen’s PowerFlash TM technology.

Users who are viewing this thread