Sal's Mustang Day 10/12/03

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Density altitude calculated for today at 2:00 P.M at LACR

1,2000 FT. Higher than I'd like, but not bad for LACR.

Supposed to be hotter Sunday, may go as high as 2,100 ft at the hottest part of the day. My prediction

stang99

Since LACR is at 2710', 1200' or 2100' would be great. DA has been 5-6000' many times this summer. But, if the DA was 1200' or better tonight, I really sucked worse than I thought I did.
BTW: My calculations show that the AD was 3507' at 5:40 pm. This would make the correction for ET .9576. But, the actual numbers are still the only ones that count.

Last edited by a moderator:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Yes, the DA climbed miserably between 4 and 6, the hottest part of the day, according to the national weather service. Sunday, the best runs will occur before 2 P.M., I think

stang99

I received my entire "warding" package from the Islands, today, mon. They know the Devil down there, and they had a stock remedy ready to ship. Tank God for the net.
My best run at LACR last night was when I first drove in with almost no cool down. My theory is that the prep on grudge nights is done once only, such as it is, and there is less spin early in the game.

Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Yes, the DA climbed miserably between 4 and 6, the hottest part of the day, according to the national weather service. Sunday, the best runs will occur before 2 P.M., I think

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
i won't be able to attend sal's this weekend due to family emergency (aunt having surgery) and will be leaving on the redeye tonight. :( when i get back sunday afternoon i expect to hear about a bunch of 03's in the low-mid 12's w/ one or two threatening to get in the 11's. :beer:

Allen -- sorry to hear, hope all works out, and we will miss you.
J

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Important mod to think about....NGP+ coolant in radiator AND heat exchanger. Lowers temps by 30 deg. Like a super water wetter. I will go there in order to run high HP on hot days at Willow. Cobras are piss poor cooling!!!!! Especialy when you mod them.

Local supply in Santa Fe Springs
www.evanscoolin.com

Have a fun and safe day Sunday.

Bullitt#3441

Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Since LACR is at 2710', 1200' or 2100' would be great. DA has been 5-6000' many times this summer. But, if the DA was 1200' or better tonight, I really sucked worse than I thought I did.
BTW: My calculations show that the AD was 3507' at 5:40 pm. This would make the correction for ET .9576. But, the actual numbers are still the only ones that count.

WOW. How do youmake your calculations?

stang99

Last night I realized that the person who hands out the time slips in the booth at LACR, never says anything to me, except, if I run anything in the 12's, he says "12's" when he hands me the slip. One more proof that my goal to have a consistent 12 sec car at LACR was originally sound. So, I am getting close. He said "12's" on a 12.9 run as well as on a 12.7 run. 12's is 12's, as we all know, and 13.001 doesn't qualify for special notice. I guess the closer you get to 12.000 and roll cage country, the more refined your consistent 12's program is.
When I get my consistent 12's at LACR, I am finished with my mods. Hopefully there will be something left of my car if and when I get there.
See you all Sunday, I hope.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
"See you all Sunday, I hope.
"
It will be a Par-tay!!! So far, I think everything needed is covered. Food, drink, fire, HP!!!
Look forward to seeing everyone.
It's always different than I plan...
PS -- I've been told that somebody bought ET streets 2 inches wider that the ones I have... hhhhhhmmmmmmbabeeeee!!!

JW :burnout:

Last edited:

stang99

I will be watching you guys run most of the time. My car is not running right so I may just take a run or two and then park it. I wonder if Danny keeps the old tunes that he had on the car or just the dyno results. My previous tune was really sweet and I could live with it on a long term basis with a 3.1 pulley. It was an excellent all around compromise capable of 12's on a good day and 21-22 mpg driven sanely.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
I will be watching you guys run most of the time. My car is not running right so I may just take a run or two and then park it. I wonder if Danny keeps the old tunes that he had on the car or just the dyno results. My previous tune was really sweet and I could live with it on a long term basis with a 3.1 pulley. It was an excellent all around compromise capable of 12's on a good day and 21-22 mpg driven sanely.

:lol: :lol: ok

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Well, after washing my car twice in preparation for this event, I am retiring for the night.

I washed the car Thursday, looked good this morning. The gardeners show up and leaf blower every speck of dust on the property onto my car. It looked like I'd just left the dust bowl:fm:

stang99

The dirty up the car spell was included from the Islands at no extra cost, mon. Finding a live chicken was the hard part. You just thought that it was the gardeners who made the dust....

Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Well, after washing my car twice in preparation for this event, I am retiring for the night.

I washed the car Thursday, looked good this morning. The gardeners show up and leaf blower every speck of dust on the property onto my car. It looked like I'd just left the dust bowl:fm:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
You don't spook me, you old witch. I have the forces of wrong on my side. Admit your inferiority, and be spared!

I got your chicken, it was tasty, too. :chicken:

Mmmmm, :chicken:

stang99

I got your chicken, it was tasty, too.

Then the spell is complete. You are doomed evil spawn. It was a gospel bird that you ingested. Wait until you try to drive tomorrow. We'll see who has the voodoo and who doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread