Samsung TV problems

trendkilllx

Established Member

I had to do this to my Vizio plasma. Only cost $20 and it has been working great since.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
My Samsung has that exact problem. It's annoying but not enough to get it fixed.. yet.

It'll get pretty *&***ing annoying.
I left mine for a while and eventually it'll take longer and longer going through its power up cycle, as the capacitors get worse and worse.
I've read people going 10 minutes to turn the TV on going through 15-20 cycles. (and sometimes getting the nice pink/purple dots)

Looked into it, very very common issue.
At first Samsung was shrugging it off, but eventually they started replacing the caps even out of warranty.

I just did it myself. 3x new larger caps and the TV is good as new.

Samsung used undersized/crappy caps. (10v)
Replaced with 25v with same uF and 105c on my 46 inch.
http://www.crovean.net/samsung-lcd-tv-power-up-problem

Last edited:

oilwell1415

Established Member
I have a 61" DLP Samsung.,. and something like that has happened to me.,. I had to adjust the door on the back that accesses the bulb,.. the heat warped that door and the TV thought the door was open., so it acted up.,,. I would check that as a possible easy fix :thumbsup:

edit:after reading NyteByte's post.,. I realize I was in error and my tv is a DLP :( sorry bro.,. me no help :bash:

My DLP did the same thing. Easy fix for the warranty tech, and he even installed a new bulb while he was there because ours was about 3 years old. Now if I could just get it to stop making a loud popping noise once in a while. Other than that, I love my Samsung.

I got my mom an Insignia for Christmas in 2009. Never again. She's had the tech out 4 or 5 times and it still isn't right. She lives nearly 2 hours from the nearest service center, so it's a real pain when they come out.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The power cycling problem is an easy fix. I previously had 2 Samsungs with no issues but my parents bought one around the same time and theirs did it. A capacitor had to be replaced and it took less than 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread