Votes: 3 0.3%

Votes: 17 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
10. It's gonna be the one car i never plan on selling or trading in.

SMOKE

Old School ROUSH
Established Member
jwfisher
Great points. I too feel the same way about FORD and my expectations are higher then the quality FORD standard. I'm still in the market to purchase an 03-04 Cobra fully expecting the 06 Mustang to be a leap forward.
If it is not the leap forward I wanted, then fine I will own a good Mustang and the best DEW- based Mustang I could afford.

SuperStallion55

Originally posted by jwfisher
Don't over-dramatize this... I bought it fully understanding it's faults. I bought it knowing full well how to get it up to par enough to satisfy my requirements.

I never said it was a POS... I said it was very nearly obsolete. There is a very important difference. Hundreds of people are working to make a better one... it's critical to understand this one thoroughly so that the next one can be better. Ford can do better - and we should not settle for less because of ignorance, complaicency, or lack of experience.

Obsolete?? The only thing carried over from FoX Mustang was the floor pan, the SN195 is about 100% stiffer in bending frequency etc than Fox Mustang. The Cobra's independent rear suspension is first class IMO why didnt you just buy a Corvette im pretty surprised you didnt if you road race so much but you sure do sound like one of the C5 owners from Corvettefourm !!

And I wouldnt count on the next gen Mustang to make this 03 "1000% Obsolete" lol lookin like a Mustang II and all. Id say you should pick one up tho enjoy the 15 recalls....

SuperStallion55

Originally posted by 03CobraBro
but if you dont like something you dont have to buy it. I mean what did you do walk in and say... "Oh shit, gotta buy another car, god damn, I hate it when this happens. I cant walk into a dealership without spending money on a 40 to 50 thousand dollar car I hate."

:lol1:

Snake Blood

Established Member
After a few times at Ford I can now say it's a great muscle car. Still clunks and pulls but after I did the 2.8 and shifter it came ALIVE and is really fun to drive. She's a keeper!

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
I have a keeper and I really enjoy the car. 9000+ miles and no fix it trips to the dealership which I sure would bother me greatly if it were the case. For me, the car is a good compromise for a wide range of uses. I love the fact that it’s already a very strong car from the factory which can easily be developed into something as powerful as one desires. It is a rare car around here and other than one of my many trips to the local track (and those 03's were from out of state) I don't see other 03's driving around.

Personal experience is, of course, only truly relevant to one person. In my personal experience this car is at the top of the food chain for street legal cars and feared by the best Chevy's, Dodge's, and high-performance rice that go to my local track. When auto-crossing, I constantly get requests to take passengers, which each walking out of the car with big smiles on their faces. Driving this car is more fun than this old man has had in years. Thanks SVT!

Last edited:

cobravert03

Why? Because it's funny.
I was going to buy an '03 Saleen coupe until I learned that Ford had finally done right by the Cobra this year. I found I could get a convertible Cobra for the same price and said "Screw it, I WANT A CONVERTIBLE!!!" Having had a V8 Mustang before, I can say that quality has gone way up, and performance is unbelievable. 10 all the way.

pgordon

Established Member
I had a 2000 gt and this 03 cobra feels completely different. There is no vibration or squeaking and it feels about twice as powerful. Handles much better, even with the additional weight. The seats hold one in much better. I did notice that the paint was not any better than was on the GT.

NightEnforcer

Established Member
9 The car is not perfect, but it is worth the money. 6,000 miles. No warranty issues. 10/02 build date. Runs great. Looks very good. The reason it is not a ten is because of the typical Detroit body assembly, paint and interior fit and finish.

missile man

Established Member
Thin Paint is my only complaint, This seems to be more prevalent on the hood and front fascia. I fixed this with using a colagon bra. Works great for the DAMN LOVE BUGS here in Lower Alabama.

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
I knew what I was getting before I stepped up and bought one. Its a mainline production vehicle with an offline hi-perf drive drain stuffed into it. THANKS Ford for offering these to us hot car junkies!
...completely satisfied. :burnout:

bond99

Established Member
Re: ...

Originally posted by silvercoffin
The car is great but Ford and their dealers suck. Ill never buy another new FOrd. I love how they do lots of TSBs but never do a recall. That way they can blame what they did wrong on you...for modding it or racing it. WHile at the same time they give cars to shops to MOd and write about in magazines..

Its one big freakin scam. FORD SUCKS

I love my 03 cobra but will never buy another new Ford car or truck.:fm:

AMEN MY BROTHA!!!!!!

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
The poll needs a "Not applicable" choice.

I don't have an '03/'04 but once I'm done with my '99 I am very likely to get one, so I'm curious as to how the poll numbers stack up.

But I can't see the results unless I vote, and if I vote, I'll skew the poll.

Edit: n/m, the "view results" button finally worked for me. The first time I pressed it, it sent me a "page cannot be found" error.

Last edited:

2004svtcobra

Established Member
A 10 IMO. I love the car. I wouldn't change a thing. Everyone who has riden in it loves it too. I believe FORD did a great job with the design! Sure beats those damn' UGLY Corvettes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread