Votes: 7 0.8%

Votes: 3 0.3%

Votes: 17 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

COBRA32

Established Member
I gave mine a 7 because the new Focus's have better build quality than a Cobra; there is something wrong with this picture and to top it off a better stereo to boot. Ford should treat its flag ship cars better. A focus should never have more available features then your Flagship performance car. The only saving grace is the power and that makes me forget about the other problems like the paint, the different clunks and rattles. My 96 Cobra was built by different people because this 03 feels cheaper and rattles allot more. My 96 Cobra never had a rattle so there is no reason that these 03 should have rattles either. I think I will add a shock tower brace like my 96 had and that may help with the rattles. I would give it a 10 if I based it on fun, but there is no reason for the quality problems these cars have had when the my old 96 did not have any of these problems and you would think they would have gotten better not worst. But overall there is something about this car I really love and it’s the overall performance that’s one thing Ford got right.

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by Fleck 5
I gave it an 8. It is a bad ass car but it has a lot of issues. It is a muscle car, not a sports car, so it should not be compared to a BMW, Mercedes, or Vette. Sports cars are better balanced cars (ride quality, handling, luxury, etc.)

I am happy with my car but a college buddy of mine who works for GM put it into perspective by saying "It is a bad ass car but it seams that Ford just slapped it together." Despite this, I don't see another car out there that I would want to drive over it (Given the fact that I am not currently rich.)
I'm not too far from you. I'm right down Route 476 in Delaware County. :beer:

YELL03

Established Member
I'll give it an 8 only because of the WEAK IRS set-up for drag racing.

Add a solid axle and I'd give it a 10 for sure.:)

Who needs IRS, just point me in a straight line:burnout:

How can you complain about a car that costs a hair over $30000 and with $1000 in mods makes 450rwhp+ and runs 11s.:rockon:

I could have bought a Z06, Viper, or any other car I wanted within reason, but I chose a Cobra for the Ultimate Bang for the Buck. I'm using the $50K I saved over a Viper to put an addition on my house.

Howard

6Guncobra

NSDQ
Established Member
8...thin paint, warped bumper. But this car still kicks ass. Would not trade my black vert for anything...except maybe a competition orange coupe. I saw one in person for the first time the other day and think it's an awsome color. My dealer in town still has that one, one mystichrome and about five other cobras. Surprised the're not all gone.

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
This is my third Cobra so the clunks, the hop, the minor paint imperfections, etc. don't really faze me.

I give this one a 9. Whereas my '99 and '96 would score 7.5s.

I am thrilled to death with this car so far.

Gray03Cobra

Established Member
9! Nothing short of an Enzo is a ten.
I've had my '03 Coupe for less than 3 weeks. Complaints? Nothing you haven't heard.

Things I replaced or that need repair to make her a perfect 10.
Cold Air Induction. K&N FIPK2 (on mine) denscharger, or JLT etc...
New tire's - I put on Pirelli PZero's for the street. I might put Nitto's or BFG DR's on for DR. The Goodyears are pretty good, but I think the Toyo's are even better for the $
New Exhaust (Magnaflow is coming this week) The stock one is silent, as in Lincoln Town Car. A muscle car/true sports car
sounds like one.
Shifter for everyday and/racing. The Steeda Tri-Axe, new Hurst Short throw, or Pro 50 should do the trick.
The seats are nice, but they take too long to break into the size of wide butt? Not getting new seats, yet...
The performance is adictive, you want more, and there are so many way's to get it.
Chip, Predator w/ custom tune, Full length Frame support system, etc. for handling. In the future...always look to the future.
New wheels, because there aren't any really good looking OEM wheels. But the standard Cobra wheels will do for now.
Other than that, let me go hunt something!

Last edited:

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
I love the car, but give it an 8 for the cheap, thin-ass paint, plastic lame looking dash, and kind of dated exterior.

6spd

Established Member
with the way some ppl are talking, sounds like u guys hate ur cobras! i know thats not the case tho. quality interior? i dont htink its at all that bad, plus if u want a high quality interior, u should have swong in the path of lexus

Fuerza

Established Member
Performance for me is a 10, but its the little things that make me wonder if there was something better out there for 36k.

Side airbags would be nice.

Automatic window down for both windows would be nice.

A front license plate assembly like on a corvette, instead of some plastic piece of crap.

paint quality could be better, my car is at the dealership getting painted!

A dealership that used SVT premium service, I've got no free rental car like the svt owners manual states.

:shrug:

you know the little things.

rwhp

Established Member
my cobra is a 10+ in my book! its way better of a svt product than my 99 was.come on guys what do ya want for 35k?if you want the awsome paint and everything just perfect go get yourself a mercedes sl 55 amg for a 120k and you will still be lookin at my 03 cobra at the street light saying DAMN THATS A BAD ASS COBRA!

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
My observations of 03 & up Cobras..You can tell where Ford put the R&D..& where they just get by..From the inside..It looks the same as that V6 I rented..Typical cheap pony car interior..Same as my camaro..Typical ford paint..Orange peel city in spots..Its ironic that I was checking out an orange cobra at the dealer..The "orange peel" was pretty bad..I thought maybe Ford wanted a textured effect to go with the color..
Panel alignment ranges from 'OK' to 'WTF?'Depending on the car.I was looking at other 'new edge' stangs(v-6's,GT's) don't seem to be as bad,alignment wise..
& why is there STILL a clutch cable?Hydraulic clutches are alot nicer to leg in traffic.
But overall..The engine is in the wrong car.It's the 'uber Fairmont'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread