Votes: 3 0.3%

Votes: 17 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I have complained here and there about little things, but I put an extra 40 miles on it just today cause I love to drive it! 9

I'm revising downward, Love to drive it thou, 8.

Last edited:

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
taking into consideration the cost of the car compared to the level of performance....(a.k.a. VALUE), I gave it a ten. You'll have to consider that I've owned many mustangs most of which were Cobras. This is by far the best one yet and certainly has the best value. This isn't saying that it's cheap but consider the types of cars everyone is comparing it to: BMW M3/M5, Massarati, Z06... These cars cost much more. Yes, they are higher in quality but the performance is what I am measuring since that is what I bought it for. Others may rate it lower because of comfort issues and quality details. If you know Cobras, those items are usually sacrificed for the sake of performance. Motor Week actually stated that the cheap looking interior and trim could have been upgraded to match those of expensive cars but Colletti's goal was to keep the price as low as possible. With this in mind, I would rate it at 10. In other words, you should know what you are getting into and dont expect "the Ultimate Driving Machine". You should expect "the Ultimate Bang for the Buck" in performance. Upper class performance at a middle class price.

I agree completely. You hit the nail on the head!

capnlbj

Beam Me Up Scotty!
Established Member
"10"

I give it a 10! A few minor problems, usually caused or exacerbated by the dealer after service was done and they forgot to put something back on. My '03 had showcar status on the production line, so the paint and fitment looks damn near perfect to me and Coletti gave it his personal attention. No complaints at all. Love the beast!

oldmodman

Established Member
Poll wouldn't allow multiple votes:
Engine 10
Trans 7
Body 6
Interior 5
IRS 3
Brakes 9
Clutch 7
Warranty 0 UP YOURS FORD!!!

Brucealeg

Established Member
I gave it a 9. I've only had little issues that were easy to fix. I would have given a 10, if I didn't have the dreaded stall issue. If Ford ever releases the flash for it, I would probably give it a 10.

I think the dealer service centers are what ruins a car like this for most people. Most dealers are not equiped/experianced to work on our cars. So they screw around and piss us off. If we at least knew they had a clue, then most of us would never get mad. Because you'd know it was being fixed. As it is you are always left wondering.

Bruce

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
here's a copy of the letter i took to the dealership....and guess what's been fixed???? NOTHING! Despite all this, I love the experience of mashin the gas...

1. 2003 BLUE COBRA – WARRANTY ISSUES:

2. BRAKE FLUID RESIVOIR LEAKS

3. HEADLINER CUT TOO SHORT ON PASSENGER SIDE

4. BLACK TRIM BETWEEN HOOD AND WINDSHIELD NOT SECURELY FASTENED ON PASSENGER SIDE.

5. LICNESE PLATE BULB HAS NEVER WORKED.

6. DRIVERS DOOR PANEL LOOSE WHEN PULLING TO SHUT THE DOOR (NOT TIGHT LIKE PASSENGER SIDE)

7. DRIVERS SIDE WINDSHIELD WASHER NOZZLE SPRAYS DOWN LOW, NOT UP ONTO WINDSHIELD.

8. FRONT BUMPER VERY LOOSE, MOVES UP AND DOWN.

9. CAR SUDDENLY DIES, WON’T IDLE SOMETIMES WHEN COLD. I HAD IT LOOKED AT BY BURD FORD AND THEY COULD NOT FIND A PROBLEM. (SEE ATTACHED RECEIPT). THE CAR IS NOW DOING IT MORE THAN EVER. SEEMS TO ALWAYS DO IT WHEN THE CAR IS NOT UP TO TEMPERATURE AND WHEN RPM’s ARE DROPPING DOWN TO IDLE. USUALLY WHEN SLOWING DOWN FOR A TURN, I PUSH IN THE CLUTCH, TAKE IT OUT OF GEAR AND START ROLLING TO A STOP IS WHEN IT DIES. ONCE IT’S STOPPED AND YOU’RE IDLING AT A CONSTANT RPM IT DOES FINE, IT’S JUST WHEN THE RPMS ARE DROPPING (IMMEDIATELY AFTER TAKING OUT OF GEAR) THE TACH JUST DROPS DOWN TO ZERO AND THE CAR DIES. I’VE HONESLTY ALMOST WRECKED 3 TIMES NOW AS IT WILL SOMETIMES DIE AS I’M TURNING A CORNER. POWER STEERING GOES OUT AND THE CAR SUDDENLY WANTS TO SWING WIDE AROUND THE CORNER INTO ON-COMING TRAFFIC. LUCKILY I’VE BEEN ABLE TO GRAB THE WHEEL AND FORCE THE TURN EACH TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED.

10. WHEN I FIRST GOT THE CAR, THE A/C COMPRESSOR WAS ALWAYS RUNNING NO MATTER WHAT. CONTROLS COULD BE ON A/C, HEAT OR VENT AND THE COMPRESSOR WAS ALWAYS RUNNING. THIS CAUSED ALL THE LINES AND EVAPORATOR TO FREEZE SOLID EVERYTIME THE CAR WAS RUNNING FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES. ICE WOULD ACTUALLY FORM AND COMPLETELY COAT ALL THE LINES UNDER THE HOOD AND ICE WOULD FORM ON THE EVAPORATOR BEHIND THE DASH. AFTER SEVERAL VISITS TO BURD FORD, THEY FINALLY FIX THAT PROBLEM. HOWEVER, DUE TO THE FREEZING AND THAWING OVER AND OVER IT HAS CAUSED THE FLUX COATING ON THE EVAPORATOR TO FLAKE OFF AND BLOW ALL OVER THE INTERIOR OF THE CAR EVERY TIME THE A/C IS TURNED ON. BURD FORD TRIED “CLEANING OUT THE DUCTS” AND BLOWING OFF THE EVAPORATOR, BUT THE PROBLEM PERSISTS. EVAPORATOR NEEDS REPLACED FROM THE DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE PRIOR COMPRESSOR/FREEZING PROBLEM. (SEE ATTACHED RECEIPT FOR PRIOR WORK) BURD FORD ALREADY SAID THEY WOULD REPLACE IT BUT I WILL NOT TAKE MY CAR BACK THERE DUE TO VERY BAD SERVICE I’VE RECEIVED FROM THEM. I DID FIND THE FOLLOWING POST ON A FORD INTERNET SITE WHERE PEOPLE WERE DISCUSSING THE PROBLEM…AND SOMEONE WROTE “ YOU MIGHT TRY LOOKING UP TSB # 02-12-1
Posted by: fordtech40

I have seen this problem several times at our dealership mostly on supercrews. the only permanent fix I have found is to replace the evaporator core itself. When you take out the old core you can see the white particles all over the surface. It looks like the core is starting to oxidize. replace the core and clean the vents and the problem is solved. it is covered by waranty.

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
I give it a 7, because of having a clunk noise from tranny, after coasting and also my door lines doesn't line up with the fender lines.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Re: ...

Originally posted by silvercoffin
The car is great but Ford and their dealers suck. Ill never buy another new FOrd. I love how they do lots of TSBs but never do a recall. That way they can blame what they did wrong on you...for modding it or racing it. WHile at the same time they give cars to shops to MOd and write about in magazines..

Its one big freakin scam. FORD SUCKS

I love my 03 cobra but will never buy another new Ford car or truck.:fm:

Agreed on the Dealers.. I would buy another but save the money buy one thats out of warranty. No one wants to help or has a clue about the car at the 2 dealers I have been to. And they will void your warranty if you get caught taking your 400hp car to the track :rollseyes

4.6speed

Established Member
My paint is a little sketchy, but its black and looks really good to most people. My fog light filled up with water, looked like a fish bowl, Ford fixed no problem now. The only concern I have is the stall and the fact that Ford doesn't acknowlege the problem, I'm sure they will have a recall when a few people start dying from it. (kinda like the Firestone tire issue). Over all I still give it a 9 I paid 32,000 and for that kind of money I didn't expect hand stitched Italian leather seats or anything, it still offers the most performance for the money IMO.

davidmax

Established Member
I work on lots of them and there GREAT,But I'm not sure if mines a Ford?General consensus says no,I think,Have a great day to all BLUE OVA L BOYS&GIRLS,David Smilovic

jimwood

Established Member
Originally posted by jwfisher
Don't over-dramatize this... I bought it fully understanding it's faults. I bought it knowing full well how to get it up to par enough to satisfy my requirements.
IF Ford gives it to us.

Dude go buy something else.:nonono: Seriously, why come here and belabor how knowledgable you are and yet still bought the obsolete ford Cobra. Its gets old. Its not cute. And its just flat out ignorant. Sorry man just tired of hearing this. Go try the grass in the other field, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.:beer:

Oh yeah and I forgot. 10.

Last edited:

tstrick9

Established Member
definately an 8...only deduction is for the rearend issues. still one of the only things i have ever bought that has lived up to or even surpassed my expectations. once you get blown, you'll never settle for less!! :)

03Cobra745

Best piece of CRAP I've ever bought! I LOVE driving this car (When it's not back at Ford for warranty issues.), but it's the worst built (quality) car I've ever purchased. I think it was built by the three blind mice!

Would I do it all over again. HELL YEAH! Like I said, I LOVE this car!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I'd say an 8 or a 9......both front windows have sratches on them (getting replaced monday 6/14).....there are some paint issues, but other then that...its a badass head turner!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
having read all 6 pages of this thread, and having had cars that were designed in the 90's not the 70's I think that I'll give my .2 cents worth..

the 03 Cobra I have isn't perfect, but it's damn close.. couple downfalls I have for it, the windshield leaks in heavy rainfall on the drivers side, and the drivetrain clunk.. I don't track race it, and havn't track raced any of my cars( just 1/4 mile raced them) handling for the most part is quite good, comparable IMHO to the 98 Vette and 02 S2000 I had, yes you can tell it's a heavier car, but that dosn't bother me too much..

2814v

Established Member
Gave it an 8, on hind sight maybe should have been a 7. Drivetrain slop, weak paint and maybe the tick are my only complaints, but overall I am happy with the car. It just seem's the attention to details was better on my 97 cobra(RIP). Great paint, no drivetrain slop and no tick. But then agian it was'nt near as fast or handle as good even with all the modd's I had on it.

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
Well, it took me a little while to decide, but I gave it an 8. I am very satisfied with the car. It has had a few small issues which I can understand with any car. But what really has let me down is the dealer.

I have not been impressed with after sales service at all. Everytime I need to have something fix, they need to go on a road test with me so that they can hear the problem. BMW never made me do that, go and test it for yourselfs, I have better things to be doing while they could be working on my car.

A good example is I am having this ticking problem from my rear end and I take it to Ford, and of course "roadtest time". So the supposed guy who rebuilds the Mustang rear end says he cannot hear it. My service Advisor hears it and knows it is there but just because this supposed rear end rebuilder can't here it, they won't do anything. That is bull****.

Don't get me wrong though, my service advisor is excellent and he lets me get away with things most people would not, but the technicians and the managers are so messed up, they are all lazy and apparantly dont want to earn the money working on my car.

Advice to Ford, improve the qualty of the warrenty and hire some people who acctually want to work on cars, because I am considering going to buy another M3 in a year or so.

vipergts281

Established Member
I gave it a 6.

Have had problems since day one. My car is a POS if you ask me. Fast as hell, but the quality is lacking, big time. If I wouldn't loose money on it, I would of gotten rid of it a few months ago.

Had a 2000 GT before tha Cobra and never had a problem with it in the 3 years of owing it. It was just slow.

Fleck 5

Established Member
I gave it an 8. It is a bad ass car but it has a lot of issues. It is a muscle car, not a sports car, so it should not be compared to a BMW, Mercedes, or Vette. Sports cars are better balanced cars (ride quality, handling, luxury, etc.)

I am happy with my car but a college buddy of mine who works for GM put it into perspective by saying "It is a bad ass car but it seams that Ford just slapped it together." Despite this, I don't see another car out there that I would want to drive over it (Given the fact that I am not currently rich.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread