Saved a 99 from being LS swapped.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Might be easier since you were never able to sort out all your cobra issues. Maybe have a shop do all the work this time.

147-EE3-B9-65-F8-474-E-82-FD-28-EA7784-DE27.png

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Nice pick up. The 99 rear bumper says Mustang on it. You'll want to find an 01 bumper or swap on an 03/04 bumper.

Did you coyote swap your truck?
Truck is navi swapped. The 2v let go, and I wanted to do something different. Was basically plug and play swap.

For those minds curious, it's getting a 4v out of an 03 aviator dropped back in. Wife is wanting a car to drive, so this will be hers. Going through the parts and whatnot I've found a few things I'm gonna need, but looks to be mostly there. Hoping it to be a quick and painless reassembly!
20200809_144316.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
It'll be a fun car with that engine in it. There were many times I wished I had left my 01 stock. It was fun like that.

And thank you for keeping it Ford. A friend of mine recently saved a forbid from the same fate. I'm not a fan of the swap either. Plus, add up the parts for the swap, then the 2 or 3 junk yard engines that get blown up and how close does that put you to a forged 4.6?

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
He would probably have better luck finding a ham sandwich in Tel Aviv. I ran into a receiver hitch on a pickup truck ahead of me at a toll booth. The front clip was about to fall off and I had to use some zip ties to get home (350 +- miles). The body shop, the insurance company and I looked all over the US to find one. Nope, had to go with the Terminator front bumper. IIRC, somebody is currently making the New Edge front bumpers now, but if I go that route, I'll need to find the proper fog lights and wiring harness. Good luck.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
It'll be a fun car with that engine in it. There were many times I wished I had left my 01 stock. It was fun like that.

no doubt, Im seriously considering this cheap ass 2valve GT at the little lot next to work (rather a 4valve but again, cheap) just for something to beat on and not care

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Could you just cut the bottom lip off a repro 00R bumper?

I know the 99/01 bumpers are damn near impossible to find

Posts and likes are not mine.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Got wiring harness in and hooked up tonight. For shits and gigs I threw a battery in it and cranked it up. Got some noise out of it! Before I could get it to stay running the starter crapped out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

shurur

Established Member
Some may say it is sacrilege, but I would remove that build emblem on the passenger side valve cover. They are becoming had to find.

You can get under it and saw it off with dental floss.

I plan to frame mine with my SVT certificate.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Some may say it is sacrilege, but I would remove that build emblem on the passenger side valve cover. They are becoming had to find.

You can get under it and saw it off with dental floss.

I plan to frame mine with my SVT certificate.
I've got two separate ones. One on my navi swapped f150, and this one.

stangfreak

Established Member
clean car man. Thank god it was saved from that ls swap. I personally like the ls motors. I just prefer to have ford with ford, gm with gm.

stangfreak

Established Member
I think this was a 01 cobra. You can build something like this. and hes granny shifting the balls out of the car lol

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Well, the wife decided she didn't like the racing seats in the car. We found a good priced set of Bullitts for it. (Gladly got power seats back.) She also has made it known that the car will be getting a black interior. So, if anyone is looking for cheap tan racing seats HMU.
Snapchat-493452607.jpeg
20201208_183255.jpeg
20201208_183245.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread