Scary

ScaryGT

Established Member
speedster356 said:
id love to know what size those rear tires are on scary gt...

275/50/15s. On 15X8" Centerline Telstars. They are 11" wide and they stick out some due to the Centerlines only being a 4.5" backspace. I think most people that get Draglites ... well, those tires have a 5" backspace. Mine stick out 1/2" more than draglite rims. I may try 295/50/R15s for my next set of tires... those would be a little wider.

ScaryGT

Established Member
drohan8592 said:
sweet ride, i would just leave it the way it is.

Why would you leave it alone. Cars are never done... there is always something that you wished you did better or different (I'm sure you understand that). I'll probably never be done with this car. After she is paid off I'll probably go twin turbos and massive weight reduction... then she'll become more of a race car.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words, Ralph

Wicked

Established Member
ScaryGT said:
It is fugly right now... come spring it will be more cleaned up. Here is one..
vbgarage.php

Is that an old pic?

When you dynoed, did you remove the stock Procharger intake pipe/airfilter?
I ask because I have had major problems with intake restrictions...as much as 50rwhp.

Nice ride, man! :thumbsup:

ScaryGT

Established Member
Wicked said:
Is that an old pic?

When you dynoed, did you remove the stock Procharger intake pipe/airfilter?
I ask because I have had major problems with intake restrictions...as much as 50rwhp.

Nice ride, man! :thumbsup:

That is how I had it during my old dyno. I did replace the procharger filter with a shorter but wider one and seemed to pick up 2lbs of boost. So did you end up going with the wms powerpipe or did you make your own? And do you have any pics?

Last edited:

Wicked

Established Member
ScaryGT said:
That is how I had it during my old dyno. I did replace the procharger filter with a shorter but wider one and seemed to pick up 2lbs of boost. So did you end up going with the wms powerpipe or did you make your own? And do you have any pics?

Well lets just say I've tried all the free/cheap possibilities.

Currently I have a "Densecharger"(Read:pVC) inlet. It consist of two PVC 4" 90 degrees. I currently am waiting on a AFM 12" Filter. As soon as I get my filter I will paint the intake and then I might consider showing pics. :-D

Previously, I used some slinky-style 4" tubing that I got from work and routed it into the fender with a 9"(3.5" mouth) K&N on it. Unfortunately I only made 408rwhp/396rwtq with that setup. I disconnected it from the blower and made 455/441 on the next pull.

ScaryGT

Established Member
Wicked said:
Well lets just say I've tried all the free/cheap possibilities.

Currently I have a "Densecharger"(Read:pVC) inlet. It consist of two PVC 4" 90 degrees. I currently am waiting on a AFM 12" Filter. As soon as I get my filter I will paint the intake and then I might consider showing pics. :-D

Previously, I used some slinky-style 4" tubing that I got from work and routed it into the fender with a 9"(3.5" mouth) K&N on it. Unfortunately I only made 408rwhp/396rwtq with that setup. I disconnected it from the blower and made 455/441 on the next pull.

I don't blame you for not wanting to show pics of the pvc! LOL :poke: :D Seriously, that pvc will probably be more resistant to heat soak... it should stay cool for you.

On another note: Almost 50 hp from removing it... wow that was restrictive. I'll get mine out of there prior to my retune.

Thanks, Ralph

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
I'll have to keep an eye out for ya scary, I also live in Dayton.
BTW. do you know about the Dayton Stang Board?
10005068xz.jpg

Last edited:

ScaryGT

Established Member
blueoval4ever said:
I'll have to keep an eye out for ya scary, I also live in Dayton.
BTW. do you know about the Dayton Stang Board?

I'm sure you will see me around come this spring/summer. Those rims look real nice on your stang... man Black stangs are the shit! :banana:

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
ScaryGT said:
I'm sure you will see me around come this spring/summer. Those rims look real nice on your stang... man Black stangs are the shit! :banana:
Yeah can't wait till the first Thurs. at Kil Kare, this weather here blows. And yes Black Stangs Rock. :rockon:

ScaryGT

Established Member
blueoval4ever said:
Yeah can't wait till the first Thurs. at Kil Kare, this weather here blows. And yes Black Stangs Rock. :rockon:

I had Scary out the other day and took a guy that came over to appraise my house for a ride... He was shitting his paints when I powershifted up through 3rd.... He was talking about getting his wife a new stang and noted that mine looked modified. After the ride he decided that he would like me to be his Stang consultant when he gets the new stang! I truly think he wet him self when I hit wot! :D

ScaryGT

Established Member
mustang123321 said:
i know this has nothing to do with the thread but how musch do you think a '99 cobra will be in 3 years?

Probably not very much... why?

ScaryGT

Established Member
willstang60 said:
it looks good plain black,dont mess her up

I've been thinking of the old GT 500 dual stripes on from the front to back. Either silver or gold. And then the stripes on the sides I'll put Scary GT instead of GT 500.

Just thinking out loud.

Wicked

Established Member
Scary,
Here is my PVC intake. I didn't dare start a new thread to show it off. ;-)
I figure it cost 8 bucks to make and the filter was about $50.

PVC Powerpipe

Last edited:

ScaryGT

Established Member
Wicked said:
Scary,
Here is my PVC intake. I didn't dare start a new thread to show it off. ;-)
I figure it cost 8 bucks to make and the filter was about $50.

PVC Powerpipe

That looks pretty good, but why didn't you move it out into the fenderwell? I just recently made a power pipe out of 3" pipe and put it in the fenderwell.

Users who are viewing this thread