Scary

Wicked

Established Member
ScaryGT said:
That looks pretty good, but why didn't you move it out into the fenderwell? I just recently made a power pipe out of 3" pipe and put it in the fenderwell.

3" probably isn't big enough in my opinion. Especially since your blower inlet is probably 3.75 inch.

If you look my filter is a 12 " long AFM filter(open ended) and about half is in the fender well. There's not a lot of room with the maf and all in there. I'm not worried about it.

ScaryGT

Established Member
Wicked said:
If you look my filter is a 12 " long AFM filter(open ended) and about half is in the fender well. There's not a lot of room with the maf and all in there. I'm not worried about it.

Cool.. how is it working out for you?

ScaryGT

Established Member
mpearce said:
Hey Scary, one of those pics of a dragstrip looked familiar. Was it Dragway 42?

-Mat

Nope. It is a little drag strip here in Ohio called Tri State. It is near Cincy Ohio.

ScaryGT

Established Member
Wicked said:
Haven't dynoed again to find out. I plan to get tuned soon hopefully.

Your messing with your air / fuel... you better get it on the dyno ASAP or Scary things could happen to your motor!

ScaryGT

Established Member
williecnc said:
Looks tough. Leave the paint job alone and just focus on performance. What kind of times does it run?

11.60's last year... I'm hoping to get her down to a bottom 11... that is if I go to the track again.... I always break shit when I go!

Here is an updated picture of my engine setup. I've added a diy power pipe and reused my old bbk cai. Oh I also added a GI Joe 8 rib kit and a new 2.9" RR Ultra Grip pulley.

attachment.php

Last edited:

gamach1

Established Member
Very nice! Have you tried making the lightening bolts sweep from the front to the back almost as if it looked like you were outrunning it? Just a thought.

Wicked

Established Member
ScaryGT said:
Your messing with your air / fuel... you better get it on the dyno ASAP or Scary things could happen to your motor!

My A/F's been off since day one, pegging LMAF. The retune is for the MAFXtender.

The pipe change isn't going to affect it as my previous dynos have been with no pipe on at all since the pipe was such a restriction.

orangeconv

#uck yea doggy
Established Member
I m moving to washington C.H. we need to meet up so you can show me around. Where is the nearest track?

ScaryGT

Established Member
orangeconv said:
I m moving to washington C.H. we need to meet up so you can show me around. Where is the nearest track?

This one will be real close to you. A lot of rice hang out there and you will only get maybe 3 runs a night, but it is ok.

http://www.kilkare.com/indexb.htm

We can hook up sometime... just send me a pm when you think you want to get together... maybe we can hit some cruise ins or something.

Ralph

ScaryGT

Established Member
ROUSHSTANG said:
How much boost are you running? BTW nice ride man.

Haven't got it tuned with the 8 rib kit yet. I'm thinking I'll be seeing around 17 psi. Before with my 6 rib and a 3" pulley I've seen 16 on a perfect night, but usually I would see 13 psi. From what I can see already it is going to get into boost in a hurry.

I'll let you guys know what psi I see.. getting the tune this weekend.

ScaryGT

Established Member
gamach1 said:
Very nice! Have you tried making the lightening bolts sweep from the front to the back almost as if it looked like you were outrunning it? Just a thought.

Thanks. And no I've only tried the two bolt pictures that are in the beginning of this post; I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread