Scratch on hood

braindontstop31

Established Member
Dropped file on hood and got a real nice scratch.:( hood.jpg
Fingernail catches on it. Trying to find something to at least make it less noticeable.
Anybody got any experience/tips? Might have to go to a paint shop ?

Zemedici

Established Member
if fingernail catches on it you're through the clear and into the paint. Best bet would be touch up paint or body shop.

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
Check out Dr. Colorchip I believe its called. You may be able to fill it and make it look really good. A good body shop may be able to fix that up. Take to a few shops and get some opinions. GL

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you go to a body shop, at least be prepared for a bigger than planned repair if you want it done right, to where it is all but invisible. I had a good size scratch touched up with factory paint at a renowned local body shop and it looked no better than before. Problem is the scratch is in a very visible area....your hood. Touch-ups are not intended to be a perfect, invisible repair. But it's worth a shot to try the touch-up route, but you might not be happy with the result. If you're not happy with the touch-up, you're looking at re-painting your hood to make it perfect. That's what I ended up having to do. But looking back I'm glad I spent the extra money.

masterjr33

Established Member
I understand.. my mystichrome nose paint was 1800$. but it was so nice to get rid of all the little chips. and scratches and have freshly buffed paint.

Users who are viewing this thread