Screaming yellow resale

1fast4v

Established Member
Probably has been talked about plenty of times but in this day and age what is the resale like on a screaming yellow Terminator?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would say it's about the same as the majority of the colors. Competition Orange gets a premium as it is highly sought after. Mystichrome usually gets a bit of a premium, too.

That said, the resale on a 2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra depends on the mileage, condition (exterior and interior), mods or near stock, and how it was driven and maintained.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Color matters when selling. Red/black/blue is usually easy to sell. Other colors will need a specific buyer that wants the color. For me, I wouldn’t look at a yellow/white/grey/silver Terminator. Color is very subjective and those aren’t my favorite colors on cars. A yellow car still could bring top dollar, but you may have less people inquiring about it vs. red/black/blue.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Have to be a yellow fan. But one good thing is it’s screaming yellow and not ZY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I think screaming yellow is rare in its own right. It was wasn't my first choice either. But it has grown on me. I think there are more closet screaming yellow fans than you think.@03cobra#694

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Condition, mods and mileage could sway a buyer into a color he/maybe a she wouldn't have otherwise been interested in. I wanted a black Terminator but found a stock, mint condition Oxford White car with only 8800 miles on it. Bought it right away.

cj428mach

Established Member
I personally love SY and would pay a premium for it. I personally would choose it over Comp Orange or Mystic in a second. I love the wow, in your face factor of screaming yellow while not being purple like MC.

I was down to OW and SY in my search for a Cobra and after dealing with the hassles of OW I kind of wish I had gone SY.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Still waiting for @1fast4v to post additional, much more important info, that has a much greater impact on a Terminator's resale value.
* Mileage
* Exterior condition
* Interior condition
* Mods (or stock/near-stock)
* Known issues
* Vehicle history (accidents? repairs?)

And a couple of photos wouldn't hurt, either. :rolleyes:

1fast4v

Established Member
Just was talking in general but the one I’m looking at is under 20k miles and very clean basic bolt on car.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Like stated it will come down to a buyer looking for that specific color. When I purchased my car SY wasn't my 1st choice but the car was too good of a deal to pass up. Now I love the color and agree with CJ428mach I would take it over Comp O. When its shined up the brightness of the color draws eyes everywhere you go. If the car you are looking at is clean and hasn't been hacked up you should have no issue reselling the car.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Just was talking in general but the one I’m looking at is under 20k miles and very clean basic bolt on car.

I paid 20k for mine with 17k miles on the clock. By SVTP market metrics it would have been a $25 to 27k dollar car. I found it on Craig's List 2 plus years ago. Patience and ready cash is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Being rare doesn't always mean desirable. Yellow cars are the rarest color u will see and thats because most people don't buy a new yellow car nor do they used so I would say its a harder color to move for any car.

But if it has quite a bit of black in it then it can be a really hot color. The Yellow Z06 looks hot but thats due to the black trim on it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah, so you're not selling a SY Terminator, but possibly buying one. Do yourself a favor and choose what color, or colors, you prefer. And then start searching. Don't get hung up on resale value or color popularity for a future resale. Buy what you like, and like what you buy.

Users who are viewing this thread