SCT Issue!!

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
A little while ago I went to datalog my car using livelink Gen II but it said my x3 needed to be updated. So I opened up the sct device updater and clicked automatically check for updates. It started to update my device but at the very end experience an error. The device says "Filesystem ERROR" "Needs to be reloaded". The updater when I try to redo it says that there is no part number found. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Unfortunately SCT is closed until monday so I cannot contact them at the moment.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just googled your issue, this is what I found:

SCT Filesystem ERROR

In order to fix this you will need to plug the unit into the computer and open up the Update software, once that is open press ctrl-alt-shift-F1 together, it will ask if you wish to format the MMC card, click yes. Once that is done load the attached file using the transfer file to device button in updater, than run the auto update again. If there are any custom tunes on the unit they will be deleted during this process so make sure you have backups of them to reload.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I do have a custom tune on the tuner but do not have a backup. I'm datalogging to get a new tune so the old tune wont be of any importance once I get the new one. I'm just worried of something happening in the interim causing me to need that file to reload.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Is your stock tune back on the car. If so worst case reinstall your stock intake and run with stock tune until you get your new tune. Car won't run right with jlt and stock tune.

stang8psi

Established Member
just went through the issues you are having! sct is going to have to be contacted and the tech is going to have to try and access your computer and try and fix it. unfortunatly mine didn't respond to the "fix" they were trying to do and I had to send it back to them and they completely re did the software... not sure it is the updated firmware or if it's the old one but it works now and I will never do the auto update again lol, I believe it is a curupt file they had or have..

Good luck on your issues!

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Is your stock tune back on the car. If so worst case reinstall your stock intake and run with stock tune until you get your new tune. Car won't run right with jlt and stock tune.

No it is not and I don't plan on returning it to stock.

just went through the issues you are having! sct is going to have to be contacted and the tech is going to have to try and access your computer and try and fix it. unfortunatly mine didn't respond to the "fix" they were trying to do and I had to send it back to them and they completely re did the software... not sure it is the updated firmware or if it's the old one but it works now and I will never do the auto update again lol, I believe it is a curupt file they had or have..

Good luck on your issues!

Well that's news I didn't want to hear. It'll suck to have to send it off but I guess I'm at least waiting until monday.

wildride02gt

Established Member
I literally just had this same issue with my SCT XF3, spent almost 5 hrs today with them between tech support, sitting on hold, and failed tuner repair. In the end they had to RMA my tuner. So I have a parked car, and a dead tuner for the next 2 weeks or so.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I literally just had this same issue with my SCT XF3, spent almost 5 hrs today with them between tech support, sitting on hold, and failed tuner repair. In the end they had to RMA my tuner. So I have a parked car, and a dead tuner for the next 2 weeks or so.

Shit man that sucks. I hope I don't end up that way. Good luck to you.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Alright the tech guy was able to fix my programmer but told me I need to return the vehicle to stock in order to update it. I really do not want to go through the work to return it to stock so does anyone know if the update will delete the lund tune I have on my tuner? What I was thinking about doing was reload the stock tune, update the programmer, then reload the custom tune so I can drive it and datalog. Has anyone tried this before?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Alright the tech guy was able to fix my programmer but told me I need to return the vehicle to stock in order to update it. I really do not want to go through the work to return it to stock so does anyone know if the update will delete the lund tune I have on my tuner? What I was thinking about doing was reload the stock tune, update the programmer, then reload the custom tune so I can drive it and datalog. Has anyone tried this before?

I've update my tuner without returning the car to stock. No issues.

RedfireV8

Established Member
I'm around your neck of the woods. I've always returned my car to the STOCK TUNE before updating it. If that's what you meant by not wanting to do the work. You don't have to remove everything from your car, just return the tune to stock.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I'm around your neck of the woods. I've always returned my car to the STOCK TUNE before updating it. If that's what you meant by not wanting to do the work. You don't have to remove everything from your car, just return the tune to stock.

So I will be ok with reloading the stock tune, updating it, then reloading the custom tune? I'm mainly worried about that custom tune getting deleted somewhere and me being sol. And I meant doing as the work as in actually putting the stock parts back on.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
As long as you didn't delete the file off your comp or still have the email the tune came in it won't be a big deal.

scott_0

Established Member
its good practice to always return to stock before updating the tuner

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I received the programmer with the tunes on it so I do not have the tunes on the computer. I went ahead and returned it to stock, updated it, but when it asked me to hit the cancel button at the end it messed up. So now my car is parked until the morning when I can get a hold of tech support.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I had a similar issue and they were able to fix it remotely. Tried to update it and the X3 crashed on me. I will never update my programmer again. It works fine as it is now. Get it fixed and ignore the updates.

Users who are viewing this thread