Sct x4 question

lx347cid

Established Member
i recently just bought a sct x4 fot my 2017 gt automatic. The only reason i bought it was because i am switching from the stock 27” tall tire to a 28” tall tire. Car is bone stock.
I know there is normally a Rev/mile to change this as i do this on my 03 cobra. I looked thru it and there was no option for this rev/mile. What gives? I did not buy any custom tune but just the normal x4 device.
Anyone have any suggestion why that option not there or if i really even need to change it. Yes i will need the x4 later once i mod the car with a custom tunr but for now i just want to run the 28” tire.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i recently just bought a sct x4 fot my 2017 gt automatic. The only reason i bought it was because i am switching from the stock 27” tall tire to a 28” tall tire. Car is bone stock.
I know there is normally a Rev/mile to change this as i do this on my 03 cobra. I looked thru it and there was no option for this rev/mile. What gives? I did not buy any custom tune but just the normal x4 device.
Anyone have any suggestion why that option not there or if i really even need to change it. Yes i will need the x4 later once i mod the car with a custom tunr but for now i just want to run the 28” tire.

Unless you got a x4 flash tuner then you wont have any options. The X4 doesnt have any options unless a tuners opens them for you from tune.

lx347cid

Established Member
Unless you got a x4 flash tuner then you wont have any options. The X4 doesnt have any options unless a tuners opens them for you from tune.

I just bought the x4 tuner. When i go to get a tune file from the tuner wont that fix the problem and open it up or do they actually have to have the tuner to do that for me?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I just bought the x4 tuner. When i go to get a tune file from the tuner wont that fix the problem and open it up or do they actually have to have the tuner to do that for me?
A tuner can have those options open for you but you need to make sure to ask them open open those options for you. Some tuners send you a file with just there tune and no options to make adjustments for tire size, gear changes, ect.

96gt02

Established Member
are you just trying to change the revs without tuning the car, or your saying your are using the preloaded sct tune and there is no options for revs?

Users who are viewing this thread