Seafoaming your 03-04 cobra....

03mgmcobra

Established Member
yeah, i saw some in a checker last night. i imagine any pepboys/advance/checker/kragen, etc...woul;d have

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
yeah, i saw some in a checker last night. i imagine any pepboys/advance/checker/kragen, etc...woul;d have

+1

Here is a pic of my Notch when I Seafoamed it last week. I'd probably never Seafoam my Cobra because I have heard some horror stories, but on alot of cars it works great. I would reccomend doing it just prior to a tune up though because it plays hell on plugs and o2 sensors.

seafoam.jpg

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
+1

Here is a pic of my Notch when I Seafoamed it last week. I'd probably never Seafoam my Cobra because I have heard some horror stories, but on alot of cars it works great. I would reccomend doing it just prior to a tune up though because it plays hell on plugs and o2 sensors.

seafoam.jpg

What horror stories? I've never heard anyone say they had direct experience with it and had a negative result.

Last edited:

AaronK

Established Member
I used it friday... it didn't smoke at all while it was being sucked in and I let it sit for a while and started it back up, left it at idle for a few, reved it, nothing... I took it out on the service road next to my house and floored it (felt like I was driving under water) and I couldn't see anything but white smoke behind me! The highway was COVERED in smoke! All the cars stopped and by the time I got home, I heard sirens lol... The smoke stayed there for quite a while...

Juruense

Banned
I used it friday... it didn't smoke at all while it was being sucked in and I let it sit for a while and started it back up, left it at idle for a few, reved it, nothing... I took it out on the service road next to my house and floored it (felt like I was driving under water) and I couldn't see anything but white smoke behind me! The highway was COVERED in smoke! All the cars stopped and by the time I got home, I heard sirens lol... The smoke stayed there for quite a while...
Awesome! One way to know if you did the SeaFoam right is if the police were called. Sounds like you did it right :banana:

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
I did it to my 89 crx with 240,xxx on it. Oh man was it bad! As soon as i started it up the whole car was surrounded by smoke. It literally smoked for 30mins. It would leave a smoke trail for probably half a mile!

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
What horror stories? I've never heard anyone say they had direct experience with it and had a negative result.

I have heard of people hydrolocking the motor by sucking too much in initially. I haven't experienced it personally but it makes me wary. Also heard of problems when people use the wrong vaccum hose.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
I too had a 98 Cobra with 67K although i didn't take apart the intake to physically clean the IMRC but i felt the difference in the car when i took her out for a drive. Did you clean the IMRC before or after you seafoamed the cobra. If so could you see the difference??

I cleaned the IMRC before seafoaming, so I cant say if the Seafoam gets in enough to do it for you, but if my memory serves me correctly, it doesnt. Thats why most 96-98 Cobra owners get in there and do it by hand. And I think the 98's IMRCs are plastic, if I remember correctly, so I don't know if they would respond to Seafoam or not.

Users who are viewing this thread