Seafoaming your 03-04 cobra....

Juruense

Banned
No I think SeaFoam is great and I find post #18 to be highly accurate.

I use SeaFoam in all my cars all three ways, I use it in my lawn mower, I use it in my snowblower.

Last edited:

sct12

Established Member
So 04mysticobra did this get rid of your miss? Never really been one to believe the whole "tech in a bottle" hype. There are cleaners that tie into your fuel rail and use the cleaner itself to run the motor, removing the fuel system out of the equation. I have seen these really help out a miss or cold start issue.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
So 04mysticobra did this get rid of your miss? Never really been one to believe the whole "tech in a bottle" hype. There are cleaners that tie into your fuel rail and use the cleaner itself to run the motor, removing the fuel system out of the equation. I have seen these really help out a miss or cold start issue.

I hear ya. I'm not a believer but I will try it at leats once. This stuff works. The miss I had cleaned right up. Not 100% but 90% which was good enough for me. I've done it twice now and will do it again when the times comes. :beer:

Havoc331

Established Member
Sorry I took so long to reply. Internet is down over here. Anyway.
I too was hesitant to try it. I had a small miss at idle that I wanted gone and changing plugs didnt help. I read what others posted and this is what worked best imo.
Seaform is a very slick liquid btw with a very effective cleaner additive to it. Think of it as a very thin oil that cleans if it makes you feel better cuz thats how it feels in your fingers and also how it works. Also. You're not going to drown your engine in the stuff but rather let the engine sip it in. It takes a few minutes but its worth it to me.
Get 2 cans of the stuff. Pour 1 in your gas tank just before you fill your car up. Pour 1/2 in your crankcase (engine running) and the remaining half will be sucked into your motor (right after the 1st 1/2 that went into the crankcase). I used the larger vacume tube that comes off the t-body plenum that has the elbow fitting so the rubber vacume line can slide over it. Its a decent sized hose with thick walls. Basically dip the vacume hose into the can of Seafoam or slowly pour it into the hose and allow the motor to take in what it wants (dont drown the engine) without killing the motor. You'll know what I mean when you start doing this. The vacume source is strong so dont get carried away. It will take a bit for the engine to draw in the 1/2 bottle. As it gets towards the bottom, just before you run out, put the hose into the bottle and allow the motor to take in all it can,....allow the motor to die in the process. Let the motor sit for a few minutes. (turn off your key though). After 5 mins or so you can start it up. It may not start right away so be patient. Its ok. Once it starts you may see the smoke right away. Now take the car out and beat on it hard. Real hard! If theres buildup, you'll be fogging the place out. I took my car to a truck stop right next to an on ramp and let her have it up and down the highway. Keep in mind you'll draw ALLOT of attention so chose your location wisely. ;) After that you're done. :beer:

You're not really supposed to beat the crap out of it when you get done. Especially not on a forced induction. I've heard that it will make you run lean.

I've done it to my car but after you let it sit for 10-12min When you crank it up you are suppose to just blow all the crap out of it & dont rev it to redline either.

Once the smoke has pretty much cleared away then you take it out & drive it pretty hard

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Whats a snowblower??:rolling: I haven't seafoamed my '04, but I did do it to my 1998 Cobra. It smoked like a freight train having 40K miles of deposits. That plus a good cleaning of my IMRC and it ran like a new car. Pretty cool stuff.:beer:

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Whats a snowblower??:rolling: I haven't seafoamed my '04, but I did do it to my 1998 Cobra. It smoked like a freight train having 40K miles of deposits. That plus a good cleaning of my IMRC and it ran like a new car. Pretty cool stuff.:beer:

I too had a 98 Cobra with 67K although i didn't take apart the intake to physically clean the IMRC but i felt the difference in the car when i took her out for a drive. Did you clean the IMRC before or after you seafoamed the cobra. If so could you see the difference??

Evan5469

Established Member
Never used it on my Cobra but I have used it on a 98 Accord with 100k miles and a 95 Jeep with 150k miles. I made the mistake of doing the Jeep in the garage and after about an hour the smoke finally cleared out. :lol:

Oh and WOOHOO 1000th post.

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Never used it on my Cobra but I have used it on a 98 Accord with 100k miles and a 95 Jeep with 150k miles. I made the mistake of doing the Jeep in the garage and after about an hour the smoke finally cleared out. :lol:

Oh and WOOHOO 1000th post.

:lol: Hot boxing the garage lol

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Too funny. I did a friends cars that had 170k+ miles at the local mall and it was nuts! You really have to consider where you're going to do this. Especially on the higher milage cars.

Users who are viewing this thread