Seafoaming your 03-04 cobra....

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Has anyone tryed this? I don't have an oil catch can yet and i have seen many pics of what the intercooler case and fins, and supercharger look like after only a few thousand miles of driving. Can seafoaming thruough the pcv hose clean the oil residue and is it safe?? I really am trying to avoid pulling the supercharger.

Silverboost

Established Member
do a search and you will find a lot of post on it. There has a been a lot of talk about the seafoam puddling possibly in the bottom of the intake and sitting there. Of course I never did see a post where someone removed the blower to see if this actually happens.

Juruense

Banned
I seafoamed mine when I first got it and no smoke was produced so I never did it again...

It worked great on my GT but I think the intercooler messes up the process. If there was a way to spray the seafoam in AFTER the intercooler I think that would be the way to go.

Always remember that the best time to SeaFoam is when your annoying neighbors are having a yard sale or yard party...

AaronK

Established Member
What's the best way to Sea Foam the cobra? ^^ which vacuum line?

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
I popped the pcv hose off the driver's side valve cover and sucked in about a half of can. I didn't even get hint of smoke.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I sea foam my truck and my dd, I will never seafoam my Cobra however

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
I thought it was mineral gray i have the same rare color. srl135 I think seafoam is surposed to break up carbon deposit and crud on the vales, combustion, chamber but I was hopeing it would clean the supercharger rotor blades and intercooler of oil deposits from the pcv valve. Has anyone else thought about this?

I also sucked a bottle through the PCV line and let it sit for 35 minutes. No smoke and she started right up without any stalling. On the contrary, whenever I sucked a bottle through the PCV line on my 01 Cobra she would smoke insanely and struggle to start up.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
if it didnt smoke, it means there wasnt any carbon buildup for it to smoke from.

if it smokes, it means its having to work.

Jroc

Established Member
Havent Seafoamed my Cobra, but I did Seafoam my old GT and it smoked like crazy.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Sorry I took so long to reply. Internet is down over here. Anyway.
I too was hesitant to try it. I had a small miss at idle that I wanted gone and changing plugs didnt help. I read what others posted and this is what worked best imo.
Seaform is a very slick liquid btw with a very effective cleaner additive to it. Think of it as a very thin oil that cleans if it makes you feel better cuz thats how it feels in your fingers and also how it works. Also. You're not going to drown your engine in the stuff but rather let the engine sip it in. It takes a few minutes but its worth it to me.
Get 2 cans of the stuff. Pour 1 in your gas tank just before you fill your car up. Pour 1/2 in your crankcase (engine running) and the remaining half will be sucked into your motor (right after the 1st 1/2 that went into the crankcase). I used the larger vacume tube that comes off the t-body plenum that has the elbow fitting so the rubber vacume line can slide over it. Its a decent sized hose with thick walls. Basically dip the vacume hose into the can of Seafoam or slowly pour it into the hose and allow the motor to take in what it wants (dont drown the engine) without killing the motor. You'll know what I mean when you start doing this. The vacume source is strong so dont get carried away. It will take a bit for the engine to draw in the 1/2 bottle. As it gets towards the bottom, just before you run out, put the hose into the bottle and allow the motor to take in all it can,....allow the motor to die in the process. Let the motor sit for a few minutes. (turn off your key though). After 5 mins or so you can start it up. It may not start right away so be patient. Its ok. Once it starts you may see the smoke right away. Now take the car out and beat on it hard. Real hard! If theres buildup, you'll be fogging the place out. I took my car to a truck stop right next to an on ramp and let her have it up and down the highway. Keep in mind you'll draw ALLOT of attention so chose your location wisely. ;) After that you're done. :beer:

Juruense

Banned
There is so much dubious tech in this thread its making me laugh!

//not unlike most SeaFoam threads...

Users who are viewing this thread