Second allocation cars

Shelby09

Established Member
I currently have a car ordered since 4/14 and it's a second allocation car, called ford and car is still in order processing just wondering how many of you guys are second allocation at your dealers and if you received a vin and build date yet

eagle eye

Established Member
For what it's worth, I'm my dealers 1st allocation and i've not heard a thing since i ordered it on 3-27

Shelby09

Established Member
Wow ok and here I am getting annoyed with my dealership have you looked into why yours is delayed like that because I called ford and they said they started building second allocation cars

Sparko

Established Member
2nd allocation....ordered 4/5...car is currently in transit due to arrive 7/27

91svtbird

Established Member
Their have been lots of second allocation cars built and some 3rds that I know of.

I believe you ....I wish I knew who @ Ford and how they decide who get's what. I know of one 1st allocation order in NJ ordered the first day the order banks were opened in March that hasn't been scheduled yet.:nonono:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It would be nice of Ford would explain the order selection process. Feel like we beat a dead horse on this question.

eagle eye

Established Member
I've called SVT twice and Ford customer service once and they say the same thing, order is in, priority 10, in process. Last I heard from SVT is that there is a lot of March orders that have not been filled yet.
Why the F would you be filling second and third allocations when the first ones haven't been filled yet?
People have left deposits and are basically are just waiting to pick them up.
Ford really needs to change the way they fill orders.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I've called SVT twice and Ford customer service once and they say the same thing, order is in, priority 10, in process. Last I heard from SVT is that there is a lot of March orders that have not been filled yet.
Why the F would you be filling second and third allocations when the first ones haven't been filled yet?
People have left deposits and are basically are just waiting to pick them up.
Ford really needs to change the way they fill orders.

1-
The larger the dealer, the more mustangs they sell, the more cars they are going to get, and the faster they are going to get them

2- a little campaigning by the dealer- with their rep, can sometimes yield faster delivery and or build times

3- other than that- there is no rhyme or reason to it. But I do believe low option cars are built faster.

4- guys- this is a 2013 GT500. It's still July 2012. I can attest- its worth the wait.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Yea like others said all you can do is wait and you will get it when Ford is ready to get it to you and there has been a good number of people who have ordered and had there car in 8-10 weeks and others that have been waiting 18 plus weeks and still no car. The only way to get one for sure is find it on the lot and pay what the want for it.

Shelby09

Established Member
Yes chis you are right it is going to be worth the wait but before you no it their going to be snow on the ground. It's just frustrating to the guys who did not get their cars yet better yet not even a vin atleast if I had that I would be a little more happy

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Yes chis you are right it is going to be worth the wait but before you no it their going to be snow on the ground. It's just frustrating to the guys who did not get their cars yet better yet not even a vin atleast if I had that I would be a little more happy

If anyone has a 1st allocation car and is going to be waiting til there is snow on the ground to get it- then shame on your dealer. I would be calling dealers with them on lots

vanhagar

Established Member
Pretty sure the larger movers get their allocations first, so even if you have 1st or 2nd from a smaller mover, it may go into the 3,4,5,6 overall rotation if that makes any sense.
Mine was 2nd allocation
Ordered April 19
VIN May 22
Built June 5
ETA June 21
Delivered July 4, after three prior delivery dates failed to happen

USV8PWR

Established Member
Question? How many of you actually put money down?

I put $2,500 down on my order which was the sole allocation of a small town dealer. Car was already on order per dealer's specs, but I was able to change it to my specs approx. 6 weeks ago. Mine is also still in order processing.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Question? How many of you actually put money down?

I put $45,000 down as my trade was paid for and had them cut me a check back for $43,000 of it after 3 months of waiting for the car to be scheduled and it wasnt.

Users who are viewing this thread