Send all of your power, thoughts and prayers for the Dad of Eric "Ride The"

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
Oh man Eric, I can't imagine all you have been through. Remain strong but and take care of yourself and loved ones, all my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, just remain optimistic and be strong, between the 2 of you you will prevail and hopefully both of you recover fully and maintain a happy prosporious life, were here for you bud.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Does anybody have an update?

Hope all is well Eric..........

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Sorry guys for not updating sooner.

We are doing better down here. He looks like he is really hurting but he is making small improvements. Now that he is off the heavy sedation medication he is hurting more but he is making slow improvements. It really is a testament to my father that his humor and sarcasm can come out at a time like this.

The (cute) nurse came in a was telling us that she was lowering his doses of meds and lowering the amount of IV's going into him. She was explaining that "she had to make a spread shit I mean sheet of all his meds and which ones crossed over and could be moved or removed". I let her finish her little story and as soon as she was finished I looked at her and said " By the way, everyone of us heard you say shit". Just as I finished ripping on her my dad opened his eyes and turned to look at her and he lifted his hand up and waved his pointer finger back and forth like you would to a child saying "No, No, No".

It made me really happy to see him being himself.

We are still not out of the woods so to speak, but it is looking better.

Thank you guys again for all of your support. It means more than you could know.

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
:banana::pepper:Update Time!!!:banana::pepper:

Well,

I have to say that all of the well wishes, thoughts and prayers are working.

My father got off the respirator yesterday and I was actually able to hear is voice.

Today with a lot of help he was able to get out of bed and take 2 side steps. 1 to the left and 12 to the right. He was being held up but for what he has been through that is amazing.

He (STILL) is not out of the woods yet and still needs to be careful of infection spreading. He is doing the best that he can and I get the lovely task of pushing him to do his exercises and to cough to get the crap out of his lungs.

I cannot imagine the feeling of getting water feed to you from a little sponge on the end of a stick. When I was in the hospital the longest that I went without water was 12 hours. He's was going on day 5 without water.

Again, thank you to everyone.

Thanks Andre, your Dad was there helping all the way.:thumbsup:

E

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
:banana::pepper:Update Time!!!:banana::pepper:

Well,

I have to say that all of the well wishes, thoughts and prayers are working.

My father got off the respirator yesterday and I was actually able to hear is voice.

Today with a lot of help he was able to get out of bed and take 2 side steps. 1 to the left and 12 to the right. He was being held up but for what he has been through that is amazing.

He (STILL) is not out of the woods yet and still needs to be careful of infection spreading. He is doing the best that he can and I get the lovely task of pushing him to do his exercises and to cough to get the crap out of his lungs.

I cannot imagine the feeling of getting water feed to you from a little sponge on the end of a stick. When I was in the hospital the longest that I went without water was 12 hours. He's was going on day 5 without water.

Again, thank you to everyone.

Thanks Andre, your Dad was there helping all the way.:thumbsup:

E

Fuggin awesome!!
Most people wouldnt even be up and walking...being held or not!
Awesome news man!

and well to make ya laugh...that package of shit arrived here...that guy wasnt happy :D

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Hey Eric, You are in Fort Myers right? My gf and I would like to offer you dinner. We know how hard it is to get away and to get a decent meal. I would understand not knowing us, would make some say no. If that is the case I can always drop off some gift certificates to you favorite eatery. Let me know Eric 239-229-4564. Call after 4pm since I am teaching class any time before that.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Sorry guys for not updating sooner.

We are doing better down here. He looks like he is really hurting but he is making small improvements. Now that he is off the heavy sedation medication he is hurting more but he is making slow improvements. It really is a testament to my father that his humor and sarcasm can come out at a time like this.

The (cute) nurse came in a was telling us that she was lowering his doses of meds and lowering the amount of IV's going into him. She was explaining that "she had to make a spread shit I mean sheet of all his meds and which ones crossed over and could be moved or removed". I let her finish her little story and as soon as she was finished I looked at her and said " By the way, everyone of us heard you say shit". Just as I finished ripping on her my dad opened his eyes and turned to look at her and he lifted his hand up and waved his pointer finger back and forth like you would to a child saying "No, No, No".

It made me really happy to see him being himself.

We are still not out of the woods so to speak, but it is looking better.

Thank you guys again for all of your support. It means more than you could know.

I'm very very happy for you and your father Eric. You're both in my prayers.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
A slow and sure recovery ends just the same as a fast and miraculous recovery bro.

But I'll still keep him and you in my prayers, brother.

Stewart

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Hey Eric, You are in Fort Myers right? My gf and I would like to offer you dinner. We know how hard it is to get away and to get a decent meal. I would understand not knowing us, would make some say no. If that is the case I can always drop off some gift certificates to you favorite eatery. Let me know Eric 239-229-4564. Call after 4pm since I am teaching class any time before that.

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

PM sent.

Thanks again guys.:thumbsup:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member

That's awesome. Kudos to you Sir.

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
This is one tight family guys ....Eric, keep your head up and know that you have a ton of guys and I'm sure their wives and girlfriends pulling for you and your father. I can't imagine going through all that you have in the last few weeks but know that it takes a strong willed man to deal with those types of things, and brother you are sailing through with flying colors. Let your strength be your fathers, I wish well for you both.

Users who are viewing this thread