Send all of your power, thoughts and prayers for the Dad of Eric "Ride The"

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
:banana::pepper:Update Time!!!:banana::pepper:

Well,

I have to say that all of the well wishes, thoughts and prayers are working.

My father got off the respirator yesterday and I was actually able to hear is voice.

Today with a lot of help he was able to get out of bed and take 2 side steps. 1 to the left and 12 to the right. He was being held up but for what he has been through that is amazing.

He (STILL) is not out of the woods yet and still needs to be careful of infection spreading. He is doing the best that he can and I get the lovely task of pushing him to do his exercises and to cough to get the crap out of his lungs.

I cannot imagine the feeling of getting water feed to you from a little sponge on the end of a stick. When I was in the hospital the longest that I went without water was 12 hours. He's was going on day 5 without water.

Again, thank you to everyone.

Thanks Andre, your Dad was there helping all the way.:thumbsup:

E

The power of prayer is an awesome thing!!! Glad he is getting better one day at a time!!!!!

- - Michael

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Well, this is the one time that I will attempt to bypass the profanity filter.

WHAT THE F*#K!!!!!

I really have no idea how to even start this but I lost my father today in just a matter of minutes.

He was doing really good and was making a ton of headway towards recovery. The only thing that he was having trouble with was fluid and snot in his lungs. He had some trouble breathing and some pain while peeing. We decided to take a walk around the hospital while they checked the drainage tube. We were gone 5 minutes and my step mother called and said to get back up there immediately. We got up there and everyone was running around crazy and they wanted to re intabate him and help him get the crap out of his lungs. We told my dad that he needed to do this and we said that we would be right outside his door and that we loved him.

Fast forward 15 minutes and we got to walk into a room filled with 20 people and they are doing CPR to keep my fathers body alive long enough for us to get in the room to be with him when he passed.

I cannot even attempt to explain what is going through my head right now. I feel like I have been drunk for the past six hours without having a drop.

I am so tired but I know that I will never see sleep tonight.

I am so grateful for the last five days that I was given with him and I know how lucky I was to even be able to see him. Some families don't get that chance.

I know that God works in his own way and he is supposed to be kind and loving and all knowing. I just do not see the sense in ending the life of such a kind and loving man?

I just am so lost in my own head right now.

If possible, the next time you raise your glass..........raise one for him.

Thank you again for all of the prayers, thought and support.

Again, you are my second family.

Last edited:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
Eric, I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you're going through. All I can offer are the words my mother always gives during hard times, "Things happen for a reason." The older I get the more I find out that she's right. At least now he won't be struggling or suffering any more.

I don't know what else to say...

If you need anything, me know.

I'll raise the first glass right now. Maker's Mark on the rocks y'all, raise 'em up.

Hilander

Established Member
I am so sorry to read this. I lost my father long ago. I am just greatful for the times I had with him.

You and your family are in my prayers.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
:nonono:Sorry to hear about your dad passing Eric. I dont know what to say bro since this hasnt happened to me yet, but I dread the day that my old man passes away. When I lose him, I dont know if I would be able to be as strong as you are being. Just keep your head up man. Just know that whatever I can help you with bro, dont hesitate to ask.

Leo

pedro

Established Member
Eric,

Melissa and I are very sorry to hear the news. You and Darcy are most defiantly in our prayers. No words can even begin to comfort you in your time of grief. Just know this. He is in a better place. We're very sorry for your loss.

-Scott & Melissa

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Words cannot truly comfort a loss like this. For friends however, we still try anyway.

I'm sorry bro.

Stewart :(

FordFanStan

Established Member
Eric, Dante and I read this earlier and were deeply sorry to hear of your loss. If you need anything please let us know. I could not imagine what you are going through, but know this; You, Darcy, and your entire family is in our prayers and your father is probably feeling and doing much better where he is now. Again, I am very sorry and if you even just need to call someone in the middle of the night please feel free. Anytime anyday, or anynight BROTHER. Stan

203Cree

Established Member
Damn. :(

I'm sorry Eric. For sure, if there's something you guy's need, just say the word......

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Eric,I am sorry to hear of your loss.May your father rest in peace.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your father. As hard as it is, just look back and remember how lucky the two of you were to have such a great father and son relationship. Many of us sadly never get the chance. I lost my uncle suddenly (he was the closest person I had to a father) a little over 3 years ago and it is still rough. It's funny how little things will remind you of them, and you think back and have to smile. When it hurts look back at those times you shared, and relish in those memories. It doesn't take all the pain away, but it helps. Remember what he has taught you, along his many stories, and when the time comes, pass them along to your little ones. Just remember, he loves you and your family, and he knew you all love him.
He may no longer be with you physically, but your father and his love will always live on in your hearts.

Again my greatest condolences,
You, your father, and your family will still be in my prayers.
-Jason

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
I don´t know what to say my friend.

I am sitting here in our company, talking to my mom.
We feel your pain.
In our thoughts we are right beside you.

You have been there.

You will get the power you need for the time that follows- your dad will send it and you will feel it.

All the best wishes,

André

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I am so sorry Eric to hear that. If there's anything us Florida boys can do to make your time here a little easier if anything at all, give me a call (239) 734-0941 -Keith-

A few of us are going out to the track tonight, I know what you may be thinking.... But it actually might help get your mind off things for a bit, If you need a ride, food, just want to sit back and have a few cold ones somewhere, please please please do not hesitate to call.

If possible, the next time you raise your glass..........raise one for him.

Consider it done!!!!

Once again, I'm sorry for you loss

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
damn, im so sorry Eric. You just got to believe he's in a better place now, you are way stronger than I would be at this point. Im really glad you got to say goodbye and he was with the people he loved. God bless your family, ill be here for you man. anything you need just call and ill take care of it. Ill come over and have a beer for your dad when you get back.

ecoastkid

Established Member
I'm so sorry to hear. I lost my dad this time last year and it was a really rough thing to go through. I know there isnt much we can say to comfort you, but please know that you and your fam are def in my prayers. God will bring you the comfort you need.
You need anything, certainly ask.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Eric, I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for your whole family. Just know he is not in pain anymore.
-Cody

Users who are viewing this thread