Senna the movie

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone see it yet? I am going on Friday to the showing in LA followed by a Q&A with the director.

I have heard the movie is amazing. I remember when he died, I was in 4th grade and literally inconsolable for a few weeks.

oldmodman

Established Member
I will most likely see it. He was one of the greats.

Here is the preview.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOzq927y15o]‪Ayrton Senna - The Movie [International Trailer"]‪Ayrton Senna - The Movie [International Trailer]‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

djsKS93

meh.
Established Member
I saw it on Streetfire in May, it's been pulled down now. Very well done, will definitely go see it in a theater.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No doubt it will be a very good movie. Senna was such a mega talented driver. Very much missed in the racing world.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I'm going to miss the Boston premiere which is August 12th.. Leaving for Italy that day w/ my family. I've been waiting for this movie to hit the usa for over a year now.. I'm very upset.. I guess i'll have to buy the blu-ray..

On a side note There was no one like Senna. Not even Schumi even tho he was my hero when he was driving for ferrari from 96-06. Most drivers put the car on the edge, but unlike senna went over that edge ( excpecially in the rain ) but managed to keep the car on the track... He loved his people and county just as much as his racing... 17yrs after his death people still love this man ... Simply amazing !!!

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm debating whether or not to see it. He was such a raging douchebag as a person, that I'm not sure if I can handle it. But I'll probably go, just to watch the story.

Blown 89

Established Member
He was such a raging douchebag as a person, that I'm not sure if I can handle it.
^This. I downloaded the extended cut a while back and only got half way through it because I was tired of the hero's praise every time he intentionally crashed into opponents or threw a tantrum like a 5 year old.

6.0GTO

Established Member
Noting like winning a championship by crashing your team mate out of the race on purpose at the first corner of the race to do it. Then of course confidently admit it. People are correct. There was no one else like him. Good frickin thing too. F1 would of been NASCAR with open wheels. Prost tops him in victories, championships and race fast laps. Michael tops both of them in almost every category. Fangio in many ways had better stats than any of them. Harder to compare from way back then though.

Senna was a great qualifier and wet driver. Prost absolutely blew in the wet. He did drive over the edge alot and in the end that tendency quite possibly killed him. When Senna died the writing was on the wall(and it was in neon!) The torch was now Michael's. Senna in a superior car was beaten soundly in the first three races of that year and certainly beat him in the fourth since Senna DNF'd. He was doing all the while in a Ford powered Benetton. I know this is a Ford sight but the Ford powerplant was no where near the best engine to have back then. Not even close.

I'll pass on the movie...

Michael took nobody Benetton to championship form and took nobody Ferarri to Championship form. Yes, Ferarri. At that time the team was a mess. Senna went from McLaren to Williams. Both first rate teams at the top of their game.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Some friends are going to see it in DC, so I'll probably go with. I have no idea who the guy is though.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member

Noting like winning a championship by crashing your team mate out of the race on purpose at the first corner of the race to do it. Then of course confidently admit it. People are correct. There was no one else like him. Good frickin thing too. F1 would of been NASCAR with open wheels. Prost tops him in victories, championships and race fast laps. Michael tops both of them in almost every category. Fangio in many ways had better stats than any of them. Harder to compare from way back then though.

Senna was a great qualifier and wet driver. Prost absolutely blew in the wet. He did drive over the edge alot and in the end that tendency quite possibly killed him. When Senna died the writing was on the wall(and it was in neon!) The torch was now Michael's. Senna in a superior car was beaten soundly in the first three races of that year and certainly beat him in the fourth since Senna DNF'd. He was doing all the while in a Ford powered Benetton. I know this is a Ford sight but the Ford powerplant was no where near the best engine to have back then. Not even close.

I'll pass on the movie...

Michael took nobody Benetton to championship form and took nobody Ferarri to Championship form. Yes, Ferarri. At that time the team was a mess. Senna went from McLaren to Williams. Both first rate teams at the top of their game.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member

Great response! Unfortunately, it does nothing to refute any of the facts in the post you quoted.

By statistical measures, Senna was MAYBE the third best driver ever. We can debate talent all day, but the numbers are hard to argue.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Great response! Unfortunately, it does nothing to refute any of the facts in the post you quoted.

By statistical measures, Senna was MAYBE the third best driver ever. We can debate talent all day, but the numbers are hard to argue.

I believe it took schumi 12 yrs to beat senna's pole positions. I think it took senna 7 yrs to do that. The era senna did that was when f1 cars were violent to drive ( turbo era ) I admit taking Prost out was dick but those 2 traded punches all year old. Prost was no angel either. Schumi broke every record mostly with Ferrari... Imo senna is #1 great followed by Michael.. Trust me I'm a huge schumi nut swinger.. Ck my avatar pic.. Lol

6.0GTO

Established Member
No doubt, Senna was a better qualifier than Michael or Prost. I will add though many of Michael's races were under quite different fuel rules as far fuel load at the start of the race. Michael rarely went for the light fuel load thus eliminating him from many poles. Ferarri many times had longer stints than the other top teams. Senna was a better qualifier though.

Senna was one of the biggest babies in F1 also. I remember an 80's Monaco race. Senna had like 60 seconds on Prost. Race was in the bag. Late in the race Senna puts the car into the barrier, GAME OVER. Prost wins the race. Senna was so pissed and such a baby that after he crashed he did not go back to the pits. He just freaking went home! He had a place within the circuit. He just went home. Nobody from the team knew where he was for a while.

During a practice Eddie the swerve Irv. did not get out of Senna's way fast enough for him and it pissed him off. So post race he blasts Eddie in the face with his fist. Really? It's just practice. I mean we are talking about practice man(A little A. Iverson humor there)

He had zero respect in my opinion of any of the other drivers. Never had the decency to talk about them using their names in post race or other interviews. He always used their nationality when talking about them. The German or Austrian etc.. Roland died that day too. It may have been the only time I saw Senna give a crap about anyone else.

He was one of the best and one might have a good argument for best ever. Very understandable. For me, the numbers just aren't there. The way he carried himself as a human being was not there either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread