Sentra type R LOL

Kask65

Established Member
Ok little story. I was cruising through my town this afternoon and out of nowhere there's a sentra with that "type R" badge on it with a fart can right on my tail. I change lanes and he flys by. I end up pulling up to him at the light. The guy begins feathering the gas with his fart can "purring" at me. I ignore it but he starts revving it and inching forward. I can't take it any longer and rev the shit out of my car and he does the same. No race ensues as I was going a different direction sorry to lead you on. The point of this post... When I was revving it up(close to redline) I had it in first with the clutch in. When I got the revs way up the car inches forward slightly. I'm sure it's not a great idea to rev it way up with the clutch in. I'm not mechanically savvy AT ALL! So I'm Asking if its bad that the car moved or if that's normall or what. Thanks for any help

mrose75

Established Member
Everyone is still in shock that someone actually produced a Sentra Type 'R'...... LOL. Have you heard about the new TRD Prius coming out?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I would expect it to be normal. I'm not sure I understand the mechanics behind it, but I have seen it before. I'll spare you my explanation because I'm not sure its accurate...

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Well he's not "mechanically savvy" so I'm sure he wouldn't know a tool if he saw one! Hahahahah

Kask65

Established Member
Tool???? Really? You had a Fing rev contest with a damn Nissan sentra!
My bad cool guy, go on with your bad self! :loser:

I'm not saying I'm a cool guy it was just part of the story I thought I would share. I come here for advice and get derogatory comments from people like you who think they're better than me because ur car is "cornfield". Good for u man

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Wow man this forum is full of assholes.

Back on topic, not sure if it is normal actually. I have revved to red line before in 1st with the clutch fully engaged but never moved in inch. Either your clutch isn't fully engaging, which could be a number of things, orrrr when you took your foot off your brake, you simply rolled forward lol.

Do you still have the stock clutch in? How many miles on the car if so?

Kask65

Established Member
Back on topic, not sure if it is normal actually. I have revved to red line before in 1st with the clutch fully engaged but never moved in inch. Either your clutch isn't fully engaging, which could be a number of things, orrrr when you took your foot off your brake, you simply rolled forward lol.

Do you still have the stock clutch in? How many miles on the car if so?

Yes it is stock and the car has22k

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I'm not saying I'm a cool guy it was just part of the story I thought I would share. I come here for advice and get derogatory comments from people like you who think they're better than me because ur car is "cornfield". Good for u man

It's CORNFED, and I assure you I'm not better you, but definitely NOT as dumb as you!

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Yes it is stock and the car has22k

First thing I would check is to make sure the slave cylinder isn't leaking or make sure the seals aren't bad. Secondly, it also sounds like the pressure plate isn't receiving enough pressure. If this is the case, if you have a firewall adjuster, you could try bringing the pedal down some. When you bring that pedal down some, the cable will become a little tighter and that will add more pressure to the plate when you engage the clutch. If none of this does anything and the slave cylinder isn't leaking, I would just look into upgrading clutches. Not sure if you have any power adders, but upgrading from a stock clutch is never a terrible idea.

Last edited:

Kask65

Established Member
First thing I would check is to make sure the slave cylinder isn't leaking or make sure the seals aren't bad. Secondly, it also sounds like the pressure plate isn't receiving enough pressure. If this is the case, if you have a firewall adjuster, you could try bringing the pedal down some. When you bring that pedal down some, the cable will become a little tighter and that will add more pressure to the plate when you engage the clutch. If none of this does anything and the slave cylinder isn't leaking, I would just look into upgrading clutches. Not sure if you have any power adders, but upgrading from a stock clutch is never a terrible idea.

Yes I'm at 463 rwhp. I do had a firewall adjuster I will look into that. Thanks for the help man

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Wow man this forum is full of assholes.

Wow this forum is full of noobs- btw stick with the borlas they have great muffler bearings! And easy on your "tools" ;-) and for the record its probably that low mileage clutch you have. Put it away wet a few times and it will loosen up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread