"Service Advancetrac" cant clear it any help appreciated.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
So after a pass at the track 2 weeks ago I had a service adancetrac warning come up that wont go away....turn key on and off it doesnt go away, no codes, nothing, car runs and drives fine but i have the traction control,abs icons in the dash all lit up....i saw somewhere that disconnecting the battery for 5 mins with the key in the on position could clear it but that didnt work, was also told to drive the car it will cycle and clear, none of that has worked, cant seem to find my owners manual at the moment and was thinking perhaps a fuse? anyone know fuse value and location for abs in the fuse box? or any other way of knowing if its a soft code or hard code....

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Interestingly, I'm having the same problem. It's going back to tuner anyway for planned driveability tuning, but this is one thing to address.
I'll let you know what I find.
-J

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
anything that i changed was changed last year already....i just broke the spider gear in the rearend and we just finished putting a new diff and 373 back in but the problem happened in the last passi made when i broke the spider gear...atrhe end of the track i saw service advance trac....in the past with my 2010 shelby i would get it occaisionally after or during a pass but i would just turn car off and back on and it was gone...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Mines been on since the rebuild/dyno. Usually after a dyno tune it clears after a drive cycle, but mines currently staying on too.
I think it's causing some driveability issues as soon as I break traction.
I'll let you know what Lidio finds out.
-J

Snoopy49

Established Member
Have you guys scanned for codes?

Condition
  • The message center displays LAUNCH CONTROL UNAVAILABLE
Possible Sources
  • The AdvanceTrac® system is disabled
  • One or more DTCs present in the ABS module
Action
  • ENABLE the AdvanceTrac® system. If the message center still indicates that launch control is unavailable, RETRIEVE and RECORD all ABS module DTCs and GO to the ABS Module DTC Chart.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
took it by my local ford dealer and had one of the mechanics cone out with the ids scanner off the official books he just did me a favor and scanned it....turns out i have a faulty front pass side abs sensor...not quite sure how that happened but i ordered a new sensor pick it up in the a.m and will put it in wednesday or thursday...should clear it up HOPEFULLY!

54B54052-863B-4A9B-A47D-B1C3D95F0173_zps08d1r6px.png

Last edited:

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
i dont have aftermarket brakes. however i have 07-12 brembos up front and the bps rear brake kit....17/15 setup fits. but ive had it like this for a while never an issue so not sure what happened but pass side front sensor is the issue.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
so my new pass front speed sensor went in and the light went off right away....my problem is fixed....no more christmas lights in my dash...lol

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I'm having the same issue since yesterday. I see no DTCs and my ABS light is not on, only the advancetrac lights. Hopefully turns out to be a simple sensor like yours, I have read about abs sensors, modules and even steering racks being replaced to resolve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread