Shaftmasters drive shaft vibration

DarkHelmet22

KEEP FIRING A**HOLES
Established Member
I installed a shaftmasters DS on a buddy's car and set the pinion to -1. He gets driveline vibration at 110mph. Sound like a DS balance issue or pinion angle problem?

D2M

Established Member
I just installed mine yesterday and same issue. Above 80mph it starts and all hell breaks loose above 100mph..

D2M

Established Member
Just flipped it 180° and now the vibration has moved to 60-90mph it kinda smooths out above 90 but still slightly there. Definitely an improvement.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
I installed a shaftmasters DS on a buddy's car and set the pinion to -1. He gets driveline vibration at 110mph. Sound like a DS balance issue or pinion angle problem?

I had massive vibration issues when I installed a Shaftmaster DS. All that vibration was caused from the rear U-joint not being square to the driveline.

Adjusting the pinion angle helped, but it mainly moved the vibration up or down a couple hundred rpms.

You need to get the engine/transmission/drive shaft and rear as straight as you can.

In my case, I could not get the u-joint squared up, it was always too closed up on the passenger side, Turned out my right side wheel base measured 106-7/8", drivers side was 107-3/8" likely caused by LCA relocation brackets being a little OOT.

I installed adjustable LCA's to set the wheel base to 107-1/8" on each side and was finally vibration free.

With hindsight I should've known something was off with the rear when I installed the relocation brackets as my steering wheel went off center to the drivers side, after setting the wheel base it went back to center.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
i heard you will need uca's to supplement the DS.

anyone know if thats all thats needed or are lca's needed too?

Last edited:

D2M

Established Member
I saw the marks. I matched them and still same vibration,.. I have now phased the drive shaft 3 times and still sames issue.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Mine doesnt vibrate I had mine installed by sam galloway ford overhere in florida, however i do get this very annoying clunking sound when i go over bumps =/, no idea whats causing that...

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Just flipped it 180° and now the vibration has moved to 60-90mph it kinda smooths out above 90 but still slightly there. Definitely an improvement.

If your still having problems I would contact them and have them rebalance it or send you a new one.

viperakron

Established Member
I clocked the OEM driveshaft to be sure the pinion and trans were in the same orientation. There was a yellow dot on the Shaftmasters that I matched to the pinion yellow dot. Mine is smooth?

Famine

Established Member
Can you elaborate on how you measured all of this?

I had massive vibration issues when I installed a Shaftmaster DS. All that vibration was caused from the rear U-joint not being square to the driveline.

Adjusting the pinion angle helped, but it mainly moved the vibration up or down a couple hundred rpms.

You need to get the engine/transmission/drive shaft and rear as straight as you can.

In my case, I could not get the u-joint squared up, it was always too closed up on the passenger side, Turned out my right side wheel base measured 106-7/8", drivers side was 107-3/8" likely caused by LCA relocation brackets being a little OOT.

I installed adjustable LCA's to set the wheel base to 107-1/8" on each side and was finally vibration free.

With hindsight I should've known something was off with the rear when I installed the relocation brackets as my steering wheel went off center to the drivers side, after setting the wheel base it went back to center.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Mine doesnt vibrate I had mine installed by sam galloway ford overhere in florida, however i do get this very annoying clunking sound when i go over bumps =/, no idea whats causing that...

Had a similar problem with clunking. For me, it was my bump stops. I shaved them quite a bit and the clunking went away.

Users who are viewing this thread