Shaggin' Wagon

cali_kr

King of the Road
Established Member
I've been on the hunt for a late 60's early 70's Ford Station Wagon for quite some time. Didn't really matter what model, or equipment type. I just knew I wanted one.

Stumbled onto this 1968 Ford Fairlane a couple of months ago, and it fit the bill perfectly.

While the original was powered by a 200ci 6 cyl. the previous owner modded this one.

Big 460 with the usual bolt-ons including a lumpy cam
C6 trans
9" rear with 4:11's (i'll be changing these to make it a little more streetable)
Front disk brake upgrade

Body is razor straight and refinished in the original Wimbledon White

Interior is stock, and still the original seats, carpet, headliner and dash pad (which has no cracks)

Its been a blast and you'd be surprised at the reaction I get out on the road...people LOVE these wagons. I get more thumbs up and comments in this than my new gen Shelby.

Motor on,

IMG_4119_zpscfc4d44d.jpg

IMG_4117_zps18939a07.jpg

IMG_4118_zps3892c436.jpg

IMG_4120_zps983773cd.jpg

Last edited:

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
+10 internets to you sir. Beautiful find there. Don't even tell me how much you paid. You bastard. :D

cali_kr

King of the Road
Established Member
+10 internets to you sir. Beautiful find there. Don't even tell me how much you paid. You bastard. :D

If you knew how little I paid, you'd really hate me...:bash:

And to think I drug my feet on this one...finally my wife got after me and said, "wtf dude, you gonna buy that before you lose it"...lol

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Wagons rock. I'm not a gm guy In the slightest but ford didn't have anything In the era with efi, cruise and ac that I liked. So I bought this in Texas. Had the wire hubcaps and plastic on the 3rd seat still. Gets more looks and is more fun than anything else I've ever owned. Maybe I'll do a coyote swap when the lt1 lays down.
04010536-1D35-4A41-BF38-BE858F6A2399_zpsswayxyap.jpg

I've been looking for a 70-72 Torino wagon. But two thumbs up on yours!

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I love that wagon....because of my dad having a few country squire's..i have a hankerin for wagons to this day. Wanna make some BIG power with that 460 look in to AFR's new BBF heads...they flow AMAZING numbers out of the box.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is a good looking '68 wagon. You did really well, both on price apparently, and on the condition of it. Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread