Shaker for Supercharged Mach 1

Tlayson23

Established Member
Hey everyone, i know this may be in the wrong section but i've had alot of trouble finding help on this subject and i figured my post would get the most exposure in this section.

Anyways, in a couple of days i'll be trading my 06 350z for an 03 mach-1 which has a brand new 03/04 supercharged cobra motor. As of right now the shaker is not functional and is attached to the actual hood, when he opens the hood the shaker goes up with it. You can somewhat see it in this pic...

mach1motor-1.jpg

I know cdc makes a kit for mustangs with a vortech or procharger sc, but my question is are there any kits made for my setup? Or, does anyone know of any threads on here where someone made a kit for theres?

Also, he didnt drive the car in the rain; whereas, it will be my daily driver. Im concerned that water is going to poor in onto the eaton. I'm sure i can probably think of a temporary fix for this but will this hurt the engine or supercharger at all?

Thanks alot guys :thumbsup:

MeetMeAtThePark

Force Fed Snake
Established Member
Leave it like that. Personally i like seeing the motor instead on a big square box.

I agree with this, just seal whatever you need to seal if it's leaking. The shaker being functional won't do much for you performance wise, but I have had a shaker in the past and it's nice to know that it isn't just there for looks. Having said that, you have an eaton sc to replace the shaker. I think that's acceptable haha and you get to keep the stock look.

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
I made small little brackets and mounted mine to SC, i personally like and dont like it that way. My shaker still moves and kinda functions, I put a flat piece of alum. on the bottom and drilled 2 big holes for it to blow air onto the blower.

it also hides the eaton from most people who know nothing about cars so it helps keep a sleeper appearance.

But like mentioned above, im debating on mounting to the hood because I would love to open my hood and see the s/c and motor.

The water wont hurt it at all, may get a little belt squeal/slippage occasionally. But its fine, when you wash it just avoid direct spray in that area. Itll be fine.

Enjoy your new car your gonna love it.

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member

Tlayson23

Established Member
wow thanks alot everyone, i was hoping for a little help but i didnt expect this good of a response. I sort of agree with everyone else on the idea that id like the eaton to show when i open my hood, but like "MeetMeAtThePark" said, I also would like the idea that the shaker isnt just there for looks.

I'm gonna look over the links that you guys sent me and try and decide what i wanna do... feel free to keep leaving suggestions, anything helps

blackgtcp

Established Member
Do you have more pics of how the shakers attached to the hood?
Ive seen some people use that stock middle bracket and front bracket. You can basically cut out the middle portion of the front one and mount the two outside peices

Last edited:

Tlayson23

Established Member
Do you have more pics of how the shakers attached to the hood?
Ive seen some people use that stock middle bracket and front bracket. You can basically cut out the middle portion of the front one and mount the two outside peices

Sure don't, sorry i dont pick up the car until thursday night, but when i get it home i'll snap some pictures of it for you

chaoticdismay

dr. hobo
Established Member
I would also like some pictures of how the shaker top is mounted to the hood (well, I've seen one picture, but I would like some information on how you attached the brackets to the hood etc.).

I welded a steel bracket together that enabled me to mount the top of the shaker to my eaton but I didn't like that it completely covered everything when the hood was raised :(.
(3 vertical tabs were bolted to the bracket, allowing me to mount it to the eaton)
th_IMG_0773.jpg

Although it wasn't "functional" in the sense that it didn't feed air into the intake, it did help draw cold air (relative) in when driving and allowed heat to escape when stopped (I attached a multimeter w/ thermometer attachment and saw a very good decrease in temps when driving compared to when stopped).

I recently had an idea to make a zr1-esque hood window (I'm half way through but I don't think I like it as much as I thought I would) but I think I've changed my mind and now think a louvered "plug" like on the Audi Quattro concept would look and work better, not to mention attaching it to the hood would be a lot easier than how I was going to mount the window
audi_quattro_concept_87_cd_gallery.jpg

Last edited:

02gtfromky

Established Member
+1 on more pics of how its mounted to the hood. Ive seen pics but nothing i could really make sense of, and seems like the guys that mounted um to the hood wasnt interested in helping someone out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it wasn't a real Mach 1 I'd say don't use the shaker scoop. Since it is a Mach then I'd want the shaker. I would prefer it not to be attached to the hood since it then just becomes a hood ornament. I'd try to adapt the scoop using the provided link above (it is an excellent link by the way). If having the scoop attached to the hood doesn't bother you, then just leave it.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Mine is attached to the eaton. It moves with the motor and i love it lol. You can see my eaton when you look into the scoop. I drive mine in the rain with NO problems. i have washed my motor with water many times with no problems. Motor can get wet, It wont hurt it.

Users who are viewing this thread